Whats the record for whipple supercharged Mojave run?

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
I'm just curious... because i just laid down a 224.1mph yesterday in the 1.5mile course, and a 207.3 mph in the 1 mile course.

HUGE THANKS TO SKYREX for setting up an awesome private event!! Both him and Summer were very gracious hosts. Some nice cars there... F12, carerra gt, s65, gt3rs, crotch rocket or two...

mods are 3.4l whipple/CAI, bigger injectors. and some mojo.

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Mojo trumps all...

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Nice work Gerry!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think most of the stats are for the standing mile. We are setting new records for the rolling start 1 mile & rolling start 1.5mi.

Ed

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
I was being facetious, as it has been claimed previously that someone had "the record." the record was somewhat slower than my attempt, but since there really isn't a category per se, it doesn't matter...

If we're going to make a category, I'll be happy to Put myself in the list

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I believe that peiserg has the fastest officially recorded speed, at any distance, for a FGT with any screw supercharger! Even tops soroush's speed with the laughing gas. Athough Soroush did 221 in a standing mile under high temperature. He definitely could have went much faster.

I think someone here was building a monster centrifugal blower car that may go faster, but have yet to read about it.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
i think someone here was building a monster centrifugal blower car that may go faster, but have yet to read about it.

B.M.F. ?

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...1452rwhp-in-a-Supercharged-Ford-GT?highlight=

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Gerry - let's get over 225 next year!

Ed

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

A member from Canada, screen name "MRL" went 230.7 mph at the Texas Mile about two years ago using a supercharger and a whole bunch of other mods. He was sponsored by a pizza delivery business. That is the fastest standing mile using a supercharger that I am aware of.

Chip

Last edited:

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
Either way, regardless of whether or not someone ran faster that day or somewhere else, I'm happy to have a new personal best.the weather was perfect, the car is running great, the company was awesome as well. I was able to get in 19 runs, even though I took a one hour lunch break at a restaurant, and let two others drive my car.
it was very nice not having the field clogged up with too many cars. Hard too imagine a better experience than what we had...basically hot lapping (as desired) sun up to sundown. I went through about 20 gallons of fuel,without ever leaving the runway. I can't say the previous high speed events could hold up to that standard

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats on the BIG run!!

I think sometimes with some of the crazy fast builds that are floating around out there, not just for the GT but also the lambo's (I have a friend that went to the shift sector event that saw a Heffner lambo run 229 in the half mile) that people lose sight the accomplishments of lower numbers in the 200's. The jump from 200 to 225 is huge and the fact that we had all those cars out there cranking out pass after pass, many at 220 or better, and not one car had a breakdown.....well that is pretty damn amazing. Congrats again Gerry. Picking up 10mph from your previous best is huge.

I agree with Ed. Slap on some hoosiers for next year and I want to see you both over 225!! :thumbsup:thumbsup :cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Either way, regardless of whether or not someone ran faster that day or somewhere else, I'm happy to have a new personal best.the weather was perfect, the car is running great, the company was awesome as well. I was able to get in 19 runs, even though I took a one hour lunch break at a restaurant, and let two others drive my car.
it was very nice not having the field clogged up with too many cars. Hard too imagine a better experience than what we had...basically hot lapping (as desired) sun up to sundown. I went through about 20 gallons of fuel,without ever leaving the runway. I can't say the previous high speed events could hold up to that standard

I think you have the record for a Whipple! :thumbsup

The car Chip spoke of used a Kenny Bell.

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
I think you have the record for a Whipple! :thumbsup

The car Chip spoke of used a Kenny Bell.

Ahh, always nice to know. Hmm, where should i put my trophy? haha..... And I was discussing Mojave, not anywhere else in particular..

As i had stated previously, i was being facetious anyway, so didn't bother to clarify after the initial response.. I'm still enjoying the memory of picking up my speed slip at the airport.. I did try to do better, but a 223.8 and 223.1 were the best i could muster. At least since there were only about 12 people invited total, and maybe 7 or 8 of them still lapping, i didn't spend the whole rest of the day (like i did at the previous speed event in April) just to go slower.

Also, a certain blonde chicky also put the smack down to the tune of 219.8mph, quickly followed (one hot lap later) by a 218.7mph run. Other than Summer in the ridiculous twin turbo, that's got to be about the top speed for a female out there? or damn close...

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Gentlemen,

A member from Canada, screen name "MRL" went 230.7 mph at the Texas Mile about two years ago using a supercharger and a whole bunch of other mods. He was sponsored by a pizza delivery business. That is the fastest standing mile using a supercharger that I am aware of.

Chip

That is correct! I was there to see it happen. He had a kenne bell twin screw. I have pictures of the car in one of my previous threads.