What would you be looking to buy next?

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
30 years ago I was buying mid 60's mustangs.
20 years ago I was buying 80's and 90's mustangs
10 years ago I bought a 68 Shelby GT500, an 08 GT500 and a 07 Shelby GT-H 5sp stick. I still have the 68 GT500, the 07 Shelby GT H and a 93 Mustang, triple black Convertible.
Last year I bought an 06 Ford GT and after I bought it, I realized, I don't want any more 60's technology (my 68 GT500 is beautiful and I love driving it but the technology and the capabilities of the car are lacking). My 06 FGT is the pinnacle of my car passion/obsession/hobby.

Prior to buying my 06 FGT I was looking at Ferraris 360's, F430's and 458's. Was also looking at first gen NSX's, Porsch GT3's and GT2's.

I'm thinking about all the above for my next purchase or a Spyker C8 Laviolette, a Porsche Carrera GT, a Lamborghini Countach/Diablo or even a FP350s/FR500s or c for the track. I know, I am all over the place. Piganni's, Koenigsegg, and Porsche 918's are out of my range.

I've been considering my next purchase and I was wondering what you all have or what would you consider buying to "mix it up" in a collection? Since I only own Ford's, any other brands would be a big step for me.

I'd really like to hear your thoughts.

QSS

Reactions: extrap

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
FORD, there is no other brand. NFGT!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I bought another Foxbody yesterday, so Im not very good at diversification.

If I were going to "mix it up" I would lean to Porsche, likely a GT3. Not a new one, Im partial to the ~2008 GT3RS. One thing for sure, vehicle MUST have 3 pedals.

BTW I LOVE Spykers, but their values have more than doubled since I started noticing their pricing. One on BaT, this week, was in the 300's (~1200 mile example). Missed my chance when they were regularly priced starting with a "1"

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You got Foxbody issues!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Guilty

You got Foxbody issues!

Tomcat

GT Owner
I have a 1st generation NSX (with a Comptech supercharger) and it is reliable, comfortable and a solid performer!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
One of these cars is the most beautiful car in the world... the other is a 2019 ford GT :)

lzrAfrD.jpg

Reactions: FGT899 and 2112

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My Next car will be a 2020-2021 Ford Shelby 500 Mustang!

Reactions: 2112 and digman1

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
The only other car I want to join my FGT is an NGT, and this seems to be the most likely way it's gonna happen :unsure: 😧
models1.jpg

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
I think we need a little more information to properly assist. How do you drive? Where do you drive? What do like best about owning these types of cars? There are so many important factors. Personally, I like cars with clear and unique personalities. I only drive by myself on empty country roads. No track and no C&C’s. It’s all about my relationship with the car. On that basis, were I you, the choice would be relatively simple: Ferrari F12. It’s the furthest from what you have now. It’s a Jekyll/Hyde grand tourer with a fast revving, violently powerful, modern masterpiece of a NA V12 engine. It’s comfortable, exotic, and gorgeous. It’s a blanking Ferrari. Best of all, it’s an automotive bargain at sub-$200,000US. It gives you everything you don’t have right now.

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
I would get a black 1983-84 VW Rabbit GTI with blue interior. It was my first "cool" car (at least to me). I thrashed that car for >300,000 miles in my youth. Many (4-5?) sets of front CV joints, 2 or 3 exhaust systems. Still miss that car.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
I have a 67 GT350, but I would like to replace it with a 4 speed version, mine is auto....I also want a 66 GT350.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
One of these cars is the most beautiful car in the world... the other is a 2019 ford GT :)

lzrAfrD.jpg
We think alike.
QSS

Attachments

• 20190416_171143.jpg
    20190416_171143.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 0
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I have a 1st generation NSX (with a Comptech supercharger) and it is reliable, comfortable and a solid performer!
I almost hear nothing bad about first gen NSX's. I've always loved these cars.

QSS

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I bought another Foxbody yesterday, so Im not very good at diversification.

If I were going to "mix it up" I would lean to Porsche, likely a GT3. Not a new one, Im partial to the ~2008 GT3RS. One thing for sure, vehicle MUST have 3 pedals.

BTW I LOVE Spykers, but their values have more than doubled since I started noticing their pricing. One on BaT, this week, was in the 300's (~1200 mile example). Missed my chance when they were regularly priced starting with a "1"
I agree, a 3 pedal car was one of my top priorities when I bought my 06 FGT. That's why a feel a Porshce might be a good choice. Lot's of 3 pedal options with Porsche.

I think I might have missed the boat on Spykers. Prices have gone crazy in the past couple of years. They are incredibly unique and beautiful vehicles and that's why I'd love to have one.

QSS

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I think we need a little more information to properly assist. How do you drive? Where do you drive? What do like best about owning these types of cars? There are so many important factors. Personally, I like cars with clear and unique personalities. I only drive by myself on empty country roads. No track and no C&C’s. It’s all about my relationship with the car. On that basis, were I you, the choice would be relatively simple: Ferrari F12. It’s the furthest from what you have now. It’s a Jekyll/Hyde grand tourer with a fast revving, violently powerful, modern masterpiece of a NA V12 engine. It’s comfortable, exotic, and gorgeous. It’s a blanking Ferrari. Best of all, it’s an automotive bargain at sub-$200,000US. It gives you everything you don’t have right now.
I'm a pretty mellow driver, even in my FGT. Most of my driving is in and around the Rocky Mountains and typically on highways or back roads. Virtually no city driving unless I'm forced to drive into the city to visit a fellow enthusiast.

I saw a 812 Superfast on Thursday last week. It was red of course. An amazing looking car and it had me thinking about Ferrari's so your recommendation of the F12 might be right.

Problem these days is that there are so many amazing vehicle to choose from and I just don't have Jay Leno bucks or a warehouse so I have to be somewhat selective in what I chose next.

QSS

Reactions: Cadster

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
For newer cars, I like the Aston Martin Vantage and Jaguar F-Type as long as they are loaded with the performance goodies and engines.

Reactions: 06VistaBlueGT

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have no plans on buying any other cars. I am thrilled and happy with what I have!

Reactions: Sinovac and extrap

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I would get a black 1983-84 VW Rabbit GTI with blue interior. It was my first "cool" car (at least to me). I thrashed that car for >300,000 miles in my youth. Many (4-5?) sets of front CV joints, 2 or 3 exhaust systems. Still miss that car.

One of my favorites, too. I had that exact same car, bought it new, then I put on a Callaway turbo kit. What a fun sleeper.

Wish I had bid on the nice silver NSX that sold on BaT a couple months ago. So I guess I'm kinda looking for that car's twin.

gti.jpg

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
I almost hear nothing bad about first gen NSX's. I've always loved these cars.

QSS
It is extremely reliable and with the supercharger a fantastic performer. And my wife finds it one of the most comfortable / accommodating cars we own. We did a destination wedding getaway weekend: multiple clothes change, wedding gifts Etc... all in the NSX