What Will You Get In A 2008?

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
For those Getting a 08 what will you order? Coupe or Convert? Color? Wheels? Options? I want a Red Coupe with the H Wheels and all other available options.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just to throw it out there, HID's and Navigation are now available. In my mind, the HID's make the car significantly more attractive. No 35k+ car should be without them. I think there is a new silver as well.

*edit* I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. I've added too many sections for my own good :lol

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Black on black with HID's no navi.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Black on black with HID's no navi.

Coupe?

Ferrari Beater

Jan 29, 2007
Farmington Hills, MI
What is the price difference between the coupe and convertible?

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
What is the price difference between the coupe and convertible?

The Coupes have always been 2-3k more. Should be the same in '08.

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
For those Getting a 08 what will you order? Coupe or Convert? Color? Wheels? Options? I want a Red Coupe with the H Wheels and all other available options.

Ahhh yes. Can't wait. For me...Purple with white stripes, and Snakeskin Green with black stripes. Both coupes. Gonna go with that new wheel they have...The Razor. Will customize the interior as well with some of the 2 tone stuff. Probably the Beige on the purple car. And, my Performance friendly dealer will add the Headers, exhaust, cold air set-up, all from Moper......for a nifty fifty ponies. This is the wheel. And ALL the wonderful colors!!

Last edited:

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I'd like to put a deposit down on a coupe, maybe red w/ white stripes. Who's the best dealer in the SoCal area to go with as I have no experience dealing with any Dodge dealers. BTW, the Viper will replace my 996 GT3 which even though however direct and well built it is, just doesn't have the grunt that I look for.

H

HHGT

I'd like to put a deposit down on a coupe, maybe red w/ white stripes. Who's the best dealer in the SoCal area to go with as I have no experience dealing with any Dodge dealers. BTW, the Viper will replace my 996 GT3 which even though however direct and well built it is, just doesn't have the grunt that I look for.

Bruce, One of the owners (family owned) of the Clippinger Group is a real good friend. Let me know when you're ready.

Sam

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area

They have decided not to offer the Red/White combo, as there was an uproar from Viper owners who had the 1 of 50 Red/White '06 coupes. Pick another combo...plenty left!!!

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
They have decided not to offer the Red/White combo, as there was an uproar from Viper owners who had the 1 of 50 Red/White '06 coupes. Pick another combo...plenty left!!!

How about solid red or Red with black stripes?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I thought mine had HID's. They look like HID's when I am driving, the color is very white, and turn on like all my other cars with HID's. Does it not have them?
attachment.php

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
OK. I did some research, and the 2006 does come with HID's. Here is a window sticker I found on Ebay.
Check out the right side of the sticker.

3d8b_3.JPG

Now I feel better!:banana

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Bruce, One of the owners (family owned) of the Clippinger Group is a real good friend. Let me know when you're ready.

Sam

Sam,
I'll call you to make arrangements. I want to see if I can lock in a spot for delivery as early as possible, but don't want to pay over MSRP.
Thanks.
Bruce

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

I just bought an '07 Chrysler 300 SRT8 last week, and have had serious discussions about ordering an '08 Viper. I know that I will order a coupe for sure, as I have had only the coupes presently and in the past. The color choices are wide, and I am torn. I fell in love with the red car at the Detroit auto show, but found out that it is a one-off color. I'm thinking of going radical with the bright green or the orange assuming that it is the same green or orange found on the Charger. I thought it would be interesting to have no stripes, but a flat black portion on the engine cover (like the old Chargers, etc.). I need to see some of the colors in person, as its hard to guess on colors.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
OK. I did some research, and the 2006 does come with HID's. Here is a window sticker I found on Ebay.
Check out the right side of the sticker.

3d8b_3.JPG

Now I feel better!:banana

My 2006 FE Coupe has HID. A HUGE improvement over my 2006 GTS Coupe.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
My 2006 FE Coupe has HID. A HUGE improvement over my 2006 GTS Coupe.

I'm guessing you meant your 1996 GTS Coupe?

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I'm leaning towards ordering mine in red w/ no stripes, so that I can add the slanted stripes like on the Competition Coupe concept here.

Last edited:

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
I'm leaning towards ordering mine in red w/ no stripes, so that I can add the slanted stripes like on the Competition Coupe concept here.

That would look great. A front splitter like the one on the 675HP concept is supposed to be available as well.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
That would look great. A front splitter like the one on the 675HP concept is supposed to be available as well.

Almost all of the items shown on the 2008 Concept Coupe may be for sale through Mopar in the near future!