What parts make sense to buy and hold?

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I think the general consensus is anything FGT is worth sitting on if you can get it.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I have an investment grade stock muffler for sale to anyone willing to pick it up. Quite the opportunity.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
As stated in another thread, you can no longer order ANY Ford GT parts without a VIN, AND they have all your personal info in the computer for confirmation.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
As stated in another thread, you can no longer order ANY Ford GT parts without a VIN, AND they have all your personal info in the computer for confirmation.
Are you saying that only owners or ford dealers can stock up on parts?

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
That is correct. All FGT parts are special order and require a VIN to order.

That is correct - and they verify that you are the owner of the car with that VIN ....

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Horse Puckey. Ford GT parts are readily available for order through FordParts.com via a large number of dealers in the country. There are also several parts dealers on this forum glad to give you a hand.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
ill take that off your hands if the offer still stands....hope it wont take me as long to get it as the filters hahahaha

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
That is correct. All FGT parts are special order and require a VIN to order.

It's all FORD parts you need a VIN. Not just FGT..... Case in point, needed a window switch for the f-150, had to provide VIN before order accepted.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ and the purpose being to ensure you get the correct parts.

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
I purchased full set of wheels and front spoiler so far as back up parts from my local Ford dealer .Had to supply them with the car VIN. to complete the order. Plan on stocking several other parts over the next several months.

Dominic

TiggsGT

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2012
Bay Area, CA
^^^ and the purpose being to ensure you get the correct parts.

Last Ford GT part I ordered I gave them my VIN and they still got the incorrect part and had to reorder it. Supposedly from a warehouse in TN. No verification that I actually owned the car.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
ill take that off your hands if the offer still stands....hope it wont take me as long to get it as the filters hahahaha

All yours. Just let me know when you want to get it.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Thank you Ron.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I have a new set of door sills, some plastic fastners for the package tray above the battery, and a box of screws for the cassis cover panels - thats it!

fordgt6

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 19, 2009
East Lake Weir, FL
Do you have a part number for the plastic fasteners for the package tray?
I have sill plates, gauges, and complete set of new standard and option wheels plus 2 headlights

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
W708094-S300
1/4 Turn Clips

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Dearbornperformance, a vendor on this site carries them. I bought from him. He sells as 4 clips per set.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
As said before, another whole car!
Best,
Mark