What is the price position for my 2005 GT

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How about renting the ocean front home a few times a year & keeping the GT? Just an idea to think about.

Ed

BillyGT

GT Owner
Jul 3, 2009
The house will be a permanent home with dock and boat on a Creek in the Chesapeake bay.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
...and a GT in the driveway. Now that would be perfect!

BillyGT

GT Owner
Jul 3, 2009
Got a offer for $165k because of standard rims and calipers. Unreal. Minimum value for private sale has got to be $185-190k. I have upgrades and the car has no issues. Any thoughts?

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Billy you have a PM.

Best, Bret.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
People are always trying to steal the car. Keep it and ask the high bucks for it, you will get it.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Got a offer for $165k because of standard rims and calipers. Unreal. Minimum value for private sale has got to be $185-190k. I have upgrades and the car has no issues. Any thoughts?

You're absolutely correct. $165 is absurd. Do not accept that.

People are always trying to steal the car. Keep it and ask the high bucks for it, you will get it.

Spot on.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I've already offered you much more than that. Not sure why you are even wasting your time with whomever offered that....

BillyGT

GT Owner
Jul 3, 2009
I have new offers. So will see what happens.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Good to hear that even the cars with relatively higher mileage are fetching good dough

You do however have the best color

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007

I bet I know who made that low ball offer. Then I bet the same person offered to consign it.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I bet I know who made that low ball offer. Then I bet the same person offered to consign it.

Who might that be?

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I don't think it would be proper to list that persons name.

BillyGT

GT Owner
Jul 3, 2009
The offer came from a private buyer who has since recontacted me. Offers from dealers have been very good I just would like to sell direct if possible.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
The offer came from a private buyer who has since recontacted me. Offers from dealers have been very good I just would like to sell direct if possible.
Just out of curiousity, if a dealer offered more money than a "direct" purchaser. why would you care who you sold it to. Yes, the expectation is that the dealer is going to resell it for more money, but to me, high offer, cash on the barrel, takes the car.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I could understand the desire to have control over where the car goes, IE a buyer that will love the car and respect it the way one would want it to be. This is making a huge assumption that the delta over cash from a dealer was not great.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Personally I'd MUCH rather sell to a dealer. Selling direct is a serious PITA.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

Unless you are lucky, which I have been twice (once to a fellow forum member), it is usually been a PITA for me too

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas

this ^

not worth the hassle dealing direct with a individual.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
I'm just glad there are guys willing to sell to individuals vs dealers, thanks !:wink