What is the price position for my 2005 GT

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
90% of the time Ford GTs go to good homes when bought from reputable dealers.
I would definitely give first choice to dealers and members on this board and be done with it.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Why don't you want to sell to Shelby if his bid is good.
I agree with RPM, of course, he plans to make money, but that what he does for a living.
Everybody deserves to make a living.
His rep is beyond reproach, and it's cash in your pocket.
Mark

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Why don't you want to sell to Shelby if his bid is good.
I agree with RPM, of course, he plans to make money, but that what he does for a living.
Everybody deserves to make a living.
His rep is beyond reproach, and it's cash in your pocket.
Mark

Guess your not a guy looking for a GT (OK, that was a little snarky)

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Certainly, you get what you "pay" for; using a dealer like Shelby is a no brainer for me. The small margin he will make on the transaction is worth it to me as a convenience fee. Heaven knows I can make more money using my time in my profession than I can spending the equivalent amount of time and energy in dealing with the hassle of a private car sale. Let the expert do his job, and be prepared to pay for it. I demand the same of my clients...

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Its ok guys. I have no beef with the guy wanting to sell his car to a private. He may very well get more money and that is understandable. Some guys just like to do the Private Party sell thing and sometimes it nets them a little more. I do appreciate everyone recommending me. It is good to be appreciated! :)
Best of luck to seller and / or Buyer. Sounds like a great car!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I wouldn't bother even trying to sell private - been there, done that. Way too many tire-kicking whiners out there to be bothered with and they all wanna see the service records of the car, for a car i might sell for 20k. I take a bit less and sell the car to the wholesaler/ dealer and go look to make the money elsewhere. My time's worth far more. I'll eat the 5-10% of margin and make it someone else's issue.

I also wouldn't buy a car for 200k from a private seller, unless I knew the seller well, and the car's history. It's for that reason that guys like Shelby and Marv get a premium when they sell the cars. People know about their rep's and trust them. I bought two cars from Shelby, sight unseen, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything else he has that I want, sight unseen There's a lot to be said for that, and personally I will pay the additional few points to ensure total satisfaction.

Quite recently, in Ontario, Canada, a guy put his car up for sale on kijiji.ca. The prospective buyer came to the guys's home, had him come with him for a test drive, then murdered him. He was never seen again. This is no bullshit.

Here - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/tim-bosma-s-widow-says-i-am-broken-1.1324918

The End.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I wouldn't bother even trying to sell private - been there, done that. Way too many tire-kicking whiners out there to be bothered with and they all wanna see the service records of the car, for a car i might sell for 20k. I take a bit less and sell the car to the wholesaler/ dealer and go look to make the money elsewhere. My time's worth far more. I'll eat the 5-10% of margin and make it someone else's issue.

I also wouldn't buy a car for 200k from a private seller, unless I knew the seller well, and the car's history. It's for that reason that guys like Shelby and Marv get a premium when they sell the cars. People know about their rep's and trust them. I bought two cars from Shelby, sight unseen, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything else he has that I want, sight unseen There's a lot to be said for that, and personally I will pay the additional few points to ensure total satisfaction.

Quite recently, in Ontario, Canada, a guy put his car up for sale on kijiji.ca. The prospective buyer came to the guys's home, had him come with him for a test drive, then murdered him. He was never seen again. This is no bullshit.

Here - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/tim-bosma-s-widow-says-i-am-broken-1.1324918

The End.
:agree:

I never sold a car in my life. Don't want the hassles or risks associated with selling a car. My cousin sold one and had a lot of tire kickers and a memorable test drive. He was selling 330ci and while sitting in the back seat the prospective buyer was driving with his girlfriend in the front passenger seat. With the top down they are going 100+ down the highway! Of course any liability from a collision would be the owner's!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
:agree:

I never sold a car in my life.
So, you just buy them and stockpile them? You must have a huge lot for all those cars ya bought!! LOL

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
So, you just buy them and stockpile them? You must have a huge lot for all those cars ya bought!! LOL
I usually drive them into the ground and donate them. Sometimes I give them away when they still have some good life in them. Definitely my FGT is in a different class, I don't see myself donated it, but who knows. It would be a good tax write off.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
I am a charitable cause should you ever decide to donate it!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I am a charitable cause should you ever decide to donate it!
Do you have a valid non-profit US Fed Tax ID number?

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
I'll get one if you're gonna donate your GT!!! I swear!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...I bought two cars from Shelby, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything else he has that I want, sight unseen....

He's got a lot more cars for sale - better buy them before someone else does - lol :lol

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
When I'm ready Ralphie, just not in a mood today, not yet...and that means yet another lift in the garage, which I haven't even finished building yet - LOL. Right now, I'm in the process of finishing my Z06 build, which is looking like around 900 RWHP. It's been away for almost 4 months - so when she comes back this week, it's gonna be like having and driving a brand new car anyway - :)