!! What if you got no reply !!

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
guys hello as you know im from kuwait and i with m another 3 gt owners didnt get any form of reply rejection or congrats

anyone knows whats the issue if there is one ? anyone from ford can answer us here or has a hint of whats going to happen ?

we all got a confirmation by the way of our applications getting submitted

plz reply guys

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Check your spam folder.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
They found out you own a chevy..

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Then sell the corvette asap

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
My best guess is that you are in Kuwait and Kuwait is not listed as a Participating Territory for eligibility. Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are included but not Kuwait.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Every applicant was due a reply. "Nothing" is not a valid response. If he were not eleigible they would have said so. It's somewhere. I'd suggest hiring the Drake Detective Agency to find it. Or check the usual email places first.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Every applicant was due a reply. "Nothing" is not a valid response. If he were not eleigible they would have said so. It's somewhere. I'd suggest hiring the Drake Detective Agency to find it. Or check the usual email places first.

Agreed, even if Ford is not able to, nor equipped to deliver a new FGT to that region of the world, a response is necessary. I also have a friend with multiple GT's (all purchased new) and a collection of 40+ cars who has yet to hear anything in spite of applying the first day of the process, then editing and checking frequently. Not sure how he was missed. :facepalm:

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Agreed, even if Ford is not able to, nor equipped to deliver a new FGT to that region of the world, a response is necessary. I also have a friend with multiple GT's (all purchased new) and a collection of 40+ cars who has yet to hear anything in spite of applying the first day of the process, then editing and checking frequently. Not sure how he was missed. :facepalm:

The one thing that gave me confidence in the process was when I completed the application, it said online that it was completed successfully AND I almost instantly got a email confirming the same. That told me that if nothing else they had the right address, it worked and some part of the internet was unlikely to eat it for no reason. If when they put their application in they didn't get an email....hhmmm, problems...

I bet Ford are currently inundated with questions, statements and down right threats at the moment (the classic 'Do you know who I am???!!!' cropping up a lot no doubt). There's still time for things to unwind in the right way, but I can understand the concern fully!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
:agree: For those that didn't get a reply, my guess is there was an issue with the application process. Thought I had read somewhere that over 18,000 applications were started but only 6500 were "completed". Also recall almost instantly upon hitting "submit" receiving a "congrats, you have successfully completed the application". And if you later did any editing you had to re-save each section of the app then "re-submit" it, if not I believe it became incomplete. Wasn't a difficult process but you did have to stay focused.

Last edited:

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Steve, you may be correct. Below is initial portion of mail I received shortly after submitting my app. 

GTAPPSUP@ford.com
"To
jw@xxxxxxx.or
May 2 at 4:31 PM
JW,
You have successfully submitted your application."

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yes I was thinking that maybe the people that didn't get the yes/maybe/no email didn't actually f8 is the application. I edited mine several times and always got an email saying my application was received. So those that did t get an email this time check your email history to se if you got the confirmation on wubmission.

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
Haha guys i DONT HAVE ANY CHEVY. Infact i got my gt and a 2014 shelby gt500 and an f150 along with the family excursion hahaha no chevy here

And i did get an email confirming me submitting the application , also my other friends in UAE AND SAUDI and QATAR gtowners Still didnt receive a yes or no , its really suspicious thing. , its either our delears are not worthy , or they r saving sumthing for our region or its just the applications were neglected

I wish someone from ford replied to us. I sent emails inquiring. No relplies. If anyone got a hotline number for complains or anything to reach them plz its gonna help alot

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
I received a thank you for submission and confirmation from ford. Why Did I not receive a letter of denial, deferred, or acceptance....

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
I received a thank you for submission and confirmation from ford. Why Did I not receive a letter of denial, deferred, or acceptance....

thats exactly what happened , and the guys here are ignoring us :( hahahaha what a shame

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
No one is ignoring you, just how much information about your particular situation do you believe we have?:confused

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Trying to get an answer to this.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
fordgtkwt - I have confirmed the Middle East market notifications have not gone out yet. They will shortly and I'll see I can get some kind of an ETA for you from someone at Ford.

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
fordgtkwt - I have confirmed the Middle East market notifications have not gone out yet. They will shortly and I'll see I can get some kind of an ETA for you from someone at Ford.

Thanx bro. Really appreciate whatever your doing , but my guesses are they r either reviewing the contracts thts making the delays or its the dealerships we have

Ill just wait and see and thanx once again. All the love and respect

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Wish you luck fordgtkwt!

Ed

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

If we were deferred, are we able to still move and update our application addresses to Middle East and participate?

I kid, I kid...

Good luck to those of you in the running!!!