What have you learned about your NGT today??

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Shmee just told us of the pocket attached to the back of the seats.

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The car has a temp related rev limiter. When car is cold, and or cold outside (not sure what the parameters are), car will not rev over ~3000 (?) RPM. I always manually shift the car (vs auto) so its a quick moment of "oh my whats wrong?" as the car lays over, dash blinks red, until you upshift. Does not last long as the cars temp comes up pretty quickly.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
The car has a temp related rev limiter. When car is cold, and or cold outside (not sure what the parameters are), car will not rev over ~3000 (?) RPM. I always manually shift the car (vs auto) so its a quick moment of "oh my whats wrong?" as the car lays over, dash blinks red, until you upshift. Does not last long as the cars temp comes up pretty quickly.

Had this issue when they were filming for the Caffeine and octane segment. After everything was done they came back and said they wanted some more footage of the car revving up from behind. Car was smarter than me and would not rev past 3000. Good for the engine but not so much for TV!:oops:

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
I learned that my car will be produced between January 2022 and July 2022.
Ball park 3 years from now!!!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I learned that my car will be produced between January 2022 and July 2022.
Ball park 3 years from now!!!

Same here Eduardo! Congrats. 3 years out but I'm still taking notes on this thread to learn about all of the interesting aspects of this car.

Reactions: JWZ

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I learned that the underside of the car is as beautiful as the top. Also, the large center underbody panel is very thin.
5A2B5E93-F12C-411A-9301-108B5BC95F78.jpegA584F482-479D-432E-A66A-5AE205558DD0.jpegC91869A5-7AE2-4956-A39B-7582C90586B9.jpeg144DDC0F-0FD4-458A-96AF-4CE2BF556371.jpeg3F27103A-0CBA-4026-B56B-E2931B31282B.jpeg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I learned that the underside of the car is as beautiful as the top. Also, the large center underbody panel is very thin.
View attachment 55651View attachment 55652View attachment 55653View attachment 55654View attachment 55655
very nice Paul I just wrapped all the under bellies on my car, I will post a thread about it soon. it was a lot of work but well worth it and they look fantastic, nice and glossy looking and super slick as to ward off any dirt and grime.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
If you think they're tough now, just wait until you misspell something.
I arrest my case :)

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I had my first oil change today, turned 1000 miles! At the dealership I was told by a service tech that the four quarter panels are fiberglass, not carbon fiber. True or False? He said he discovered that when he had to remove the front fenders and lots of other parts to get at a split O-ring on an AC fitting that was leaking.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
quarter panels?

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
That is a very good feature, I cringe when I hear some moron at a track day or even C&C reving the crap out of a cold engine. Very common occurrence with F cars and Lambo's akin to beating a puppy.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Great analogy!!! And I agree. Just a surprise when it happens, when your not expecting it.

akin to beating a puppy.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Soroush. in a hurry when I was typing. Front and rear fenders. Are they CF or fiberglass?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Soroush. in a hurry when I was typing. Front and rear fenders. Are they CF or fiberglass?

carbon fiber,

unless you ordered the special fiberglass version :)

Reactions: GTJack and Ed Sims

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Learned today, the key does not stay in the "key tray" under higher g load situations. Flew into my left ankle twice today.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
My eagle-eyed buddy Xcentric noticed that when the car is in reverse, only the outer back-up lights are illuminated. Are the inner lights Euro use only?

8019529D-916C-4509-A67E-B93DB7DFC04C.jpeg

With a little over 100 miles on the car now in the hot Florida weather, I can vouch for the A/C’s effectiveness. It works great. The car isn’t uncomfortable at all and makes great noises with the engine both off and running. The clicks and whirs are very cool. These noises really drive home the point that this is a very modern machine.

Sitting in the car with the key fob, everything off, a mechanical noise is heard from the engine compartment, presumably the throttle bodies, when the accelerator pedal is pressed. Again, very cool.

Last edited:

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I know, to most of you nothing new (yawn) and definitely not rocket science, but I now know how to keep the rear wing deployed when not in track mode. Life sure is good😁

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I leave my wing in the "auto" mode. I enjoy the startling clunk, that sounds like something has hit the side of the car, when the wing goes up at 72mph, and down at 4xmph.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I leave my wing in the "auto" mode. I enjoy the startling clunk, that sounds like something has hit the side of the car, when the wing goes up at 72mph, and down at 4xmph.
It is a good indication, if the wing is up you are speeding!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I had my first oil change today, turned 1000 miles! At the dealership I was told by a service tech that the four quarter panels are fiberglass, not carbon fiber. True or False? He said he discovered that when he had to remove the front fenders and lots of other parts to get at a split O-ring on an AC fitting that was leaking.
I think you should find a new tech. There are no quarter panels on the NGT & he can't tell the difference from fiberglass & CF. Also everyone knows that the entire body is CF along with almost everything else.

Ed

Reactions: 93extxdps