What have you done with your new Ford GT?

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Came out on I-10 and road was very poor in spots. Traffic in LA was terrible as was coming through Phoenix.

Going to come back a different route.

Back home now from our CA trip. Had a lot of fun and some great driving roads and some fun cars to follow/lead (2019 vs 1959).:cool:

1633711718_img_1912_mmthumb.jpg

After going out on I-10 decided to come back a different route. Cold temps and snow in higher elevations dictated our travel route back through CA. Decided on I-40 to Albuquerque.

While in AZ took a side trip on old Hwy 66 which turned out to be a nice 80+ mile drive.(y)
IMG_0196.jpg

Woke up to 45 degree temps in Albuquerque with rain and snow predicted just ahead so we ended up chasing the sun towards Roswell, NM :alien: and then diagonally down thru Texas to home.

Encountered high winds across eastern NM and western TX which included tumble weeds seemingly travelling faster than my GT and blowing dust in spots. Glad I had the rock guards on my car. Several tumble weed parts decided to hitch a ride on my car till the next gas stop!:oops:
IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0318.jpg

We shipped our bags out and back by FedEx and Susan had a single road clothes/makeup bag under her feet for the drive. A little cramped, but it did work. Empty shoe makes a great cup holder for the GT.

IMG_0162.jpg

My road clothes bag went in the trunk and each night it was like my clothes were just coming out of a hot (very hot) dryer!

In all we traveled 4,209 miles using 200 gals of gas and averaged 21 mi/gal of mainly highway driving. Car did great, but I did discover that I hate the use/position of the turn signal buttons. They just aren't in the right position for me to use quickly when changing lanes!

My GT is washed and getting prepped for the Rally 13/Scottsdale, but we will be having it trucked to the rally and back. Hard to beat our 2012 Ford F150 as the highway king!

20211014_165814.jpg

My GT is washed and getting prepped for the Rally 13/Scottsdale, but it will be trucked to the rally and back. Hard to beat our 2012 Ford F150 as the highway king!

Would I do a trip like this again with my '19 GT -- not sure. Been there and got the ticket! Our 2006 GT is the better long distance cruiser from my experience.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Back home now from our CA trip. Had a lot of fun and some great driving roads and some fun cars to follow/lead (2019 vs 1959).:cool:

Enjoyed the trip report! 🍻

Would I do a trip like this again with my '19 GT -- not sure. Been there and got the ticket!

Oh boy o_O

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Enjoyed the trip report! 🍻

Oh boy o_O
Meant got my pass stamped! No "Ticket" this trip, but came close. I did pass a Corvette coming back and while I was at the gas station pulling tumbleweeds from the car he went by. I left shortly after he went by and a few miles down the road the county sheriffs had him pulled over.

Reactions: THamonGT and extrap

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Magic, I will have a solution to the turn signal buttons in April. You will like this.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It is much easier to travel alone and have your luggage with you. I made the trip to Atlanta with no complaints. I forgot you had no cup holders.

Reactions: PeteK

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Ah, OK, phew (y) ... well, not for the Vette guy o_O

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
In all we traveled 4,209 miles using 200 gals of gas and averaged 21 mi/gal of mainly highway driving. Car did great, but I did discover that I hate the use/position of the turn signal buttons. They just aren't in the right position for me to use quickly when changing lanes!

I agree sometimes swipe wiper buttons and harder to find with eyes up. Looking for ward to what the good Doc has to offer.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Having a great time with a great group of people. Tour drives different directions each day and then back to Calistoga, CA. Guess which car has the most luggage room in the last pic!

Gary, curious minds must know, how did a Texas guy get invited to a Calistoga, CA group tour? Sounds like fun, but a long, long drive with a race car suspension.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

View attachment 64311

After going out on I-10 decided to come back a different route. Cold temps and snow in higher elevations dictated our travel route back through CA. Decided on I-40 to Albuquerque.

While in AZ took a side trip on old Hwy 66 which turned out to be a nice 80+ mile drive.(y)
View attachment 64304

Woke up to 45 degree temps in Albuquerque with rain and snow predicted just ahead so we ended up chasing the sun towards Roswell, NM :alien: and then diagonally down thru Texas to home.

Encountered high winds across eastern NM and western TX which included tumble weeds seemingly travelling faster than my GT and blowing dust in spots. Glad I had the rock guards on my car. Several tumble weed parts decided to hitch a ride on my car till the next gas stop!:oops:
View attachment 64305
View attachment 64306

We shipped our bags out and back by FedEx and Susan had a single road clothes/makeup bag under her feet for the drive. A little cramped, but it did work. Empty shoe makes a great cup holder for the GT.

View attachment 64307

My road clothes bag went in the trunk and each night it was like my clothes were just coming out of a hot (very hot) dryer!

My GT is washed and getting prepped for the Rally 13/Scottsdale, but we will be having it trucked to the rally and back. Hard to beat our 2012 Ford F150 as the highway king!

View attachment 64312

My GT is washed and getting prepped for the Rally 13/Scottsdale, but it will be trucked to the rally and back. Hard to beat our 2012 Ford F150 as the highway king!

Would I do a trip like this again with my '19 GT -- not sure. Been there and got the ticket! Our 2006 GT is the better long distance cruiser from my experience.
Epic adventure nonetheless!
My best to you and Susan!

Reactions: extrap

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Made a few more GT fans happy today at local show. 698F589A-7537-4C53-AFB1-13D2B379A4F5.jpeg

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Gary, curious minds must know, how did a Texas guy get invited to a Calistoga, CA group tour? Sounds like fun, but a long, long drive with a race car suspension.
This was a Classic Motorsports Magazine tour. Open to anyone and the first one they have done in CA. Was to have taken place in 2020, but postponed to 2021. Tim Studdard is the host and his staff put on a good trip with a mix of driving and seeing local interesting sites/museums. This trip our final group dinner was in a private "Wine Cave" at a local winery. Usually a private car museum stop is included for each tour. Participants are from all over the USA and includes all types of cars.

We have been on their Smoky Mountains tour and Orange Blossoms (FL) tour previously with our 06' GT and drove the 06' out and back for the Smoky Mtn. tour so I have a good long distance trip comparison between my two GTs.

Reactions: THamonGT

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
There’s a new Ford GT in Houston at Tint world in Webster and it’s pretty! Stay tuned more coming!
Wait!! I think someone stole my car, but it already has PPF on it!

Oh I guess my car has a twin!

Reactions: THamonGT

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Psycho, you'd better like your driving partner a whole lot for a drive that long in that car.
We are still married!! I need a co-pilot to keep me on the road and remind me when my turn signals are still on!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My dayC3196268-0635-47E9-A63F-797323FB31B4.jpeg5F7A36E3-8DB1-4047-BE5E-0E61D5E30288.jpeg53F14955-8FA8-46E1-A17C-CD4953E88B7A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nothing like a Father and Son afternoon with A 2017 Ford GT #H045 and New Friends from Columbus, Georgia and Friendswood, Texas. Lots of pictures and History!2F42D689-1601-4C25-99BC-F1D5E30172B6.jpegBD625E58-2DF6-44B5-8413-684D2BAEF60A.jpeg35D49666-BFA4-4889-9651-ACE5E0C75482.jpegAD11651D-D050-44FA-B1C1-185BB292BAA3.jpeg470785DB-B22B-41A2-BEFF-59608B6BF03E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Here’s a fun gift idea (that I gave to myself) 😎 You can take a pic of your GT and have it turned into a puzzle for $23.99 on Shutterfly.879F1F57-36E4-41C1-9038-EF99E844D361.jpeg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
A couple random questions:

1) What do you keep in the rear trunk of your NFGT? Will a non-aerosol bottle of spray wash survive in the heat of that compartment? Other suggestions for that area?

2) Any good place(s) for signatures on the NFGT? On the '05-'06 the obvious place was the engine strut braces...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Nothing. I even took out the sparco fitted bag, because it seemed so hot. I do have the transmission release lever in there.

1) What do you keep in the rear trunk of your NFGT? Will a non-aerosol bottle of spray wash survive in the heat of that compartment? Other suggestions for that area?

Reactions: SYCO GT

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
A couple random questions:

SPARCO BAG AND TOOL

2) Any good place(s) for signatures on the NFGT? On the '05-'06 the obvious place was the engine strut braces...
BACK OF MY NON MOUNTED FRONT VANITY PLATE. I HAD ALL THE TECHS AT MULTIMATIC SIGN IT.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I keep microfiber towels , meguires spray wash /wax, pair of thin cowhide gloves (to remove hot check oil cap) green slime tire plug kit . 9000 miles on ODO and no issue with heat.
Ajb (andy)