What have you done with your new Ford GT?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I am glad someone else opens up their car to kids. The Ferrari and Lamborghini guys don't even open the windows for people to see the inside.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I never understood that. I’ve never had a scratch or damage of any kind done by a kid I let sit in any of my cars. And even if I did, so what? It’s a car, not the Mona Lisa! If you’re lucky enough to be able to afford a car in this price range you should be generous enough to share it with those who can’t and especially with the kids to give them the incentive to work hard and set goals so that someday they can afford something like this.
We did have one boy who climbed over the console to make room for his sister. My wife almost passed out 😆 but there was still no harm done!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I always let the interested kids sit in my car. Gotta groom the next generation of “car guys”! And one of the things I did to help protect the interior was to have satin clear film put on the center console (after my radar detector slipped off the dash and put a nick in the console, grrrr). I also put the satin film on the driver door sill. I should have done the passenger side at the same time, but didn’t, and one of my relatives stepped on the polished top and put a deep scratch in it…. Idiot.

But yeah, it’s a car, and one of 4000, not one of a kind.

Reactions: canibl and DakotaGT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I am glad someone else opens up their car to kids. The Ferrari and Lamborghini guys don't even open the windows for people to see the inside.

I draw the line when the attendees ask if they can put a great dane in both the driver and passenger seat for a photo opp. ;)

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006

Not all Lamborghini owners are like that. My wife recently purchased a Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 late last year. Beautiful car. Giallo Midas pearl yellow with black/yellow interior. Super cool car. She's let lots of kids get inside to take pics and make them smile. But your right that a majority do this and I just don't know why. 😞

I'll never forget, earlier this year, after a Cars & Coffee, a bunch of us went to lunch and we parked in the restaurant lot waiting for the rest of the group to park. A mother and her young daughter (probably 13 or 14 maybe) were walking by from another store and the mother saw it and smiled and said her daughter loves yellow, it's her favorite color and she loves Lamborghinis. My wife asked the mom if her daughter would like to sit in it. The smile she gave when the young girl got in was awesome. It made her day. That's what this hobby is about. Sharing cars that others can't have (yet) or just can't ever have. That moment for her, knowing someone let her sit in a Lamborghini and the owner is a woman, may make an impression on this young girl that anything is possible and she can do and own anything she wants. 👍

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Your experience reminds me of one of my own. At a show last week in New Hope, PA a gentleman and his 14 year old son came up to me and asked if I had my GT at the same show about five years earlier. I said yes and the dad said, "Do you remember what you said to my young son back then when he sat in the car and asked how he could get one?" Yes, I remember, because I always give the same answer: "Do your homework!" The dad said they often repeat that story and use it as a motivator. Made my day.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
Your experience reminds me of one of my own. At a show last week in New Hope, PA a gentleman and his 14 year old son came up to me and asked if I had my GT at the same show about five years earlier. I said yes and the dad said, "Do you remember what you said to my young son back then when he sat in the car and asked how he could get one?" Yes, I remember, because I always give the same answer: "Do your homework!" The dad said they often repeat that story and use it as a motivator. Made my day.

That's outstanding! I'm so glad you did that. When I was working at the dealership, when we had our GT (the owner kept it for a short while) I let lots of people sit in it. If I could tell they liked it, I'd get the keys to let them get in. Young & old. Didn't matter.

And small world, I too was at the New Hope Auto Show. Went with 2 of my buddies from our Malvern Cars & Coffee group. Show was great and really enjoyed the day. The owner of the Diablo was the TOTAL opposite type of owner compared to my wife. He wouldn't let any kids sit in it. Shot them down all day. 😞

Do you live in Bucks County? I grew up in Chalfont and went to West in Doylestown. Live in Chester County now and a great Cars & Coffee scene out our way. If you need any places to go, let me know. The one spot is under the radar. 👍

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I'm in North Jersey but I try to make the New Hope every year. The Radnor Hunt Concours is coming up. See you there?

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
I'm in North Jersey but I try to make the New Hope every year. The Radnor Hunt Concours is coming up. See you there?

Yup, definitely gonna be buying tickets to Radnor and adding the extra $10 for parking in the Motorsports Park. That is one of the best parts of Radnor. That Park changes all day with so many cool cars. 👍

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Thursday afternoon at Peach State Aerodrome all these aircraft and several more landed during lunch.. Check out the rotary engine, cockpit and machineguns.
IMG_4421.jpg.IMG_4412.jpgIMG_4401.jpgIMG_4406.jpgIMG_4422.jpg IMG_3108.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, you look like a real "ace."

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Thursday afternoon at Peach State Aerodrome all these aircraft and several more landed during lunch.. Check out the rotary engine, cockpit and machineguns.

I love WW! aircraft & GTs. What a perfect combo! Don't listen to Dr Frank!

Ed

Reactions: Mike Mosing

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Went to childrens charity event at St Armonds Circle I Sarasota Saturday. Placed next to Andy’s 1969 Superperformance GT. Separated by one tree and 50 years of racing history!8108A626-6675-4707-A639-46E1A9AE8648.jpeg6FF534A4-B793-401E-BB4E-92E3B35DD4B7.jpeg

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Today I got a glimpse of heaven!
6FF9B4ED-6515-4C97-BC30-DAD0F540E5DE.jpeg0FFCBEDE-0EAA-486E-A7B6-9AD8273CE97E.pngA165A8CF-29CD-456B-98F6-818CC0AB62BD.jpegFFE2B323-9C4A-4246-8EF1-3B1FC40370EF.jpeg

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Aspens. Where?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Aspens. Where?
These were taken in Soldier Hollow, just outside of Park City, UT.

Reactions: KennethClay

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Just out for a ride 5C7A0852-2321-4D06-9954-FB5BFE968CBE.jpeg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Stopped by the new local McLaren dealership, which recently relocated from the Corona Del Mar area of Newport to a much larger traditional auto mall area.

Always appreciate the masterful blend of hard and soft lines that the Ford GT designers and engineers finessed so smoothly together. Contrasted with the generally softer shapes of McLaren and the hard edged lines of Lamborghini.

EdSimsMc720S-0003362.jpg

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Susan and I are heading out today on our first "long distance" trip in our 2019 GT. We are driving from Texas to California to participate in the Classic Motorsports Magazine Golden State Tour. We've FedEx'd our suitcases out to the hotel and will make due with a travel clothes bag that fits under her feet.

Wish us luck!

20210929_124858.jpg

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Good luck! That sounds like some fun! 🍻