What are the chances?

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Reading all the anxiety in the allocation process, what are the chances or the odds?
What will be the percentage of new GTs going to present 05-06 owners?
How many current GT owners have multiple GTs!
How many 05-06 GTs were made, and how many have been totaled?
How many current owners are interested in purchasing 2016 GT? (there was a poll)
I guess the important question is how many new GTs are being sold through the application process and how many will be made!
If 1000 are being made, all through application process, and majority to 05-06 owners, maybe odds are not so bad??!! (of course this is based on one per applicant!)
We can only hope!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Won't know until the application comes out; however, me being a lovely man, I think I'm assured.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Reading all the anxiety in the allocation process, what are the chances or the odds?
What will be the percentage of new GTs going to present 05-06 owners?
How many current GT owners have multiple GTs!
How many 05-06 GTs were made, and how many have been totaled?
How many current owners are interested in purchasing 2016 GT? (there was a poll)
I guess the important question is how many new GTs are being sold through the application process and how many will be made!
If 1000 are being made, all through application process, and majority to 05-06 owners, maybe odds are not so bad??!! (of course this is based on one per applicant!)
We can only hope!!

I am confident that Ford will do their best to get the cars into the hands of loyal enthusiasts that want the car because they love the car, the heritage, the performance, etc and those that will use it as intended.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I am confident that Ford will do their best to get the cars into the hands of loyal enthusiasts that want the car because they love the car, the heritage, the performance, etc and those that will use it as intended.

:willy we are true blue oval!

Ed

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Dave,
Thanks, It was truly amazing being in Detroit and being among the first to hear those exact words from Raj!
For those of us fortunate enough to get an allocation, congradulations!!
The custom ordering process sounds amazing!!

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
There is no doubt I would love the chance to own one of the New GT's. My concerns is, "use as it is intended", because no doubt what I use my car for is probably not anything that Ford would have ever thought of but I see it as a chance to promote what a great product Ford made back in '05 and '06 and show how well the car was built to be able to accomplish many of the goals we had set for ourselves while still maintaining as much of the factory parts as possible. Just give me a chance Ford, I will not disappoint.....

Mark Heidaker.
2006 Ford GT with a top speed of 278mph in 1 Mile!!!! and not stopping here....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I just meant use it as a car, not a bubbled investment portfolio component. I've never met anyone from Ford upset at seeing a GT go fast!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
How much does this improve my chances?

ed0cf96902c55eaf9700b4681854762e.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Gary, can you show a little more, say, from around the neck and throat?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ I haven't tried that form of self-gratification, but it is comforting to have a doctor friend who will be able to tell me how I died.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Gary, can you show a little more, say, from around the neck and throat?

:rofl

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
I'm not going to kill myself over odds. I'm a loyal original owner. The GT40 was my favorite Hot Wheels as a kid, and I lingered I don't know how many hours staring at a big orange and black AutoLite poster of a blurred GT40 at the Shell station in my home town as a kid. I've been car crazy my entire life. When other kids were reading comic books, I was reading Hot Rod. I can't believe just how blessed I am to own a FordGT, and one day I will own a GT40. With any luck I'll also own a new FordGT. If it was meant to be, it will be. If not, the world will keep turning and I'll still be smiling.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Probably not a good idea to pray for something like this... But I really do hope I have a chance at owning one of the new GT's

Last edited:

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
I would think the "active" Rally GT owners should have a good chance to be on the short list. Rally guys are the true enthusiasts, as shown by their actions. Dave B.has done a great and tireless job of giving us all the opportunity to enjoy our GTs on tours, on tracks and on show. I am waiting like many of you, with excitement, for the process to begin! Go Ford GT. Win at LeMans!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I just meant use it as a car, not a bubbled investment portfolio component. I've never met anyone from Ford upset at seeing a GT go fast!

Maybe there should be some Ford exclusions also like excluding anyone who totaled the 05-06 GT, so the car has a higher probability of staying on the road. :facepalm: :devil:

Last edited:

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
How far back do we go for loyalty points? Do generations count? Lets see my dad owned a 1957 Ford Fairlane, a 1962 Ford Falcon, a 1968 Ford LTD, a 1973 Ford LTD, a 1983 Ford LTD, a 1995 Lincoln Town Car.
I own a 1968 Ford Shelby Eleanor - the last Super Snake completed by Unique performance before the company folded, a 1962 Lincoln Continental Convertible, a 2006 Ford GT, a 2016 Ford F250 Diesel, and previously a 2007 Ford F250 Diesel. Is that loyalty?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
How far back do we go for loyalty points? Do generations count? Lets see my dad owned a 1957 Ford Fairlane, a 1962 Ford Falcon, a 1968 Ford LTD, a 1973 Ford LTD, a 1983 Ford LTD, a 1995 Lincoln Town Car.
I own a 1968 Ford Shelby Eleanor - the last Super Snake completed by Unique performance before the company folded, a 1962 Lincoln Continental Convertible, a 2006 Ford GT, a 2016 Ford F250 Diesel, and previously a 2007 Ford F250 Diesel. Is that loyalty?

Good thinking.. On my applictaion I will list my mom had one of the first Mustangs back in 64
or 65.. don't remember what year... I was to young but I got a photo !! That should add to my points total !!.. :biggrin

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
You guys are really funny with all this -

Should I post a picture of my father in his Model "T" (not GT) - haha

This thread borders on ridiculous...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I have GT40 slot cars older than you guys. StormCat, you'd better hope I leave you mine in my will.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Probably not a good idea to pray for something like this...

Why not?! Matthew 7:7 says 'go for it'!

You're covered! :biggrin