What are the chances?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Except it makes you sound illiterate. I would have gone with something else. Sorry, did I just say that out loud? :biggrin

Just teasing.

LOL

Ed

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Except it makes you sound illiterate. I would have gone with something else. Sorry, did I just say that out loud? :biggrin

Just teasing.

Actually it "sounds" the same to be correct. :rofl Since we're talking about spelling, did you notice that awesome is also misspelled? To Awsum is actually a little private joke and play on words. While building my 427 Shelby Cobra, friends kept stopping by the shop and kept saying, "Man, that's awesome." So, one friend (now deceased) suggested my license plate should read "Awsum 1." So, when I got the FGT they said what's this one going to be, Awsum 2 and I stated how about Too Awsum? But, FL said that's too many letters so it ended up being TO AWSUM. So now you have the rest of the story.

Yeah, I know teasing is a South Dakota thing. Sort of like Freezing the Balls Off a Brass Monkey. LOL

Last edited:

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I think i'm an enthusiast

Unfortunately I haven't been able to make to the Ralleys but I think I qualify as an enthusiast.

As to my chances, I am hoping. That's all I can say.

Attachments

• Ford collection.jpg
    Ford collection.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Oh boy. Somebody just received a celebrity endorsement. :wink:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456002820.704536.jpg

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Actually it "sounds" the same to be correct. :rofl Since we're talking about spelling, did you notice that awesome is also misspelled? To Awsum is actually a little private joke and play on words. While building my 427 Shelby Cobra, friends kept stopping by the shop and kept saying, "Man, that's awesome." So, one friend (now deceased) suggested my license plate should read "Awsum 1." So, when I got the FGT they said what's this one going to be, Awsum 2 and I stated how about Too Awsum? But, FL said that's too many letters so it ended up being TO AWSUM. So now you have the rest of the story.

Yeah, I know teasing is a South Dakota thing. Sort of like Freezing the Balls Off a Brass Monkey. LOL

Yes of course, we see twists on spelling all of the time with vanity plates. But for some reason, when I see "to awsum" my brain flinches for a second due to the whole incorrect to/two/too thing! But I totally hear you. Just messing with you. :cheers

So, when are you going to visit your sister up here? My invitation to come over to the garage for a beer is always open.

Clint

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Yeah, I know teasing is a South Dakota thing. Sort of like Freezing the Balls Off a Brass Monkey. LOL

I was going to give what I thought was the history behind that expression - but now find out that what I thought is false - (from Wikipedia)

View attachment 41339

I learn something every day

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I'm really not sure what to use this information for...except to share it at a bar.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
So then what is the correct etymology?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Unfortunately I haven't been able to make to the Ralleys but I think I qualify as an enthusiast.

As to my chances, I am hoping. That's all I can say.

wow ! Nice collection !!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Oh boy. Somebody just received a celebrity endorsement. :wink:
View attachment 41338

Nice Picture but he drives a Honda !! :biggrin

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
wow ! Nice collection !!

Thanks, Stormcat.

Do you ever run any tracks up here in the Northeast?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks, Stormcat.

Do you ever run any tracks up here in the Northeast?

VIR is as far north I've been on the East Coast .. I plan to visit Roketman some day and hope to do some stuff up that way one of these years !!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Likely heading to VIR this summer with HOD.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
So, when are you going to visit your sister up here? My invitation to come over to the garage for a beer is always open.

Clint

Clint, I'll be in Huron 30 Sept - 1 Oct for a class reunion. Don't know the exact dates of my visit yet. I'd love to stop by and say hello, so I'll let you know once the total dates of my trip are firm. Hopefully it's not same dates as Rally 11.

Thanks for that Ralphie. I only knew the explanation about the brass ball holder. Guess I won't be able to use that trivia anymore except to say it's an urban legend.