What are the chances

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
I recall that the top speed of the McLaren F1 was higher than their race prepped Le Mans F1 car mainly because of active aero on the street car, and possibly the preferred gearing on the race car. Maybe that's not unusual for race-prepped super cars. What are the chances the same will be true of the GT? I don't think I've seen top speed predictions yet.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I would say good chance. The imsa and le mans cars are restricted to almost a least common denominator so classes compete on equal ground. Street cars won't be so restricted. But the street car has some pretty good competiton.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The race cars run 500 HP and a high down force = high drag set up which is fixed. The IMSA guide puts them at 180 MPH. The street car will have more HP and will be more aero friendly. I would put my money on the street car having a higher top speed. ..

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The road car top speed is much higher than the IMSA car.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
What are the restrictions on the LeMans class cars in the FGT class? Also, which cars is the FGT going to compelte against other than Corvette and Porsche?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
11 cars in GTLM at Daytona, other brands are BMW Ferrari.

Rules are endless and adjusted BOP (balance of power)

What are the restrictions on the LeMans class cars in the FGT class? Also, which cars is the FGT going to compelte against other than Corvette and Porsche?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
My Road car top speed prediction is 218 - 220 MPH. Not sure if there will be a tire limiting factor . so that would be my unrestricted MPH guess,,

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
11 cars in GTLM at Daytona, other brands are BMW Ferrari.

Rules are endless and adjusted BOP (balance of power)

The bop adjustments are on the imsa web site. A friend is a pit verifier and expects gt will get more boost next time

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The GTs at Daytona ran engine restrictors & ballast. They are too fast & too light compared to the other cars.

Ed