Watched my car depreciate today.....

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Yep, passed the 10,000 mark. I suspect that alone cost me 8% or more. Ask me if I give a sh$T. Too much fun.

I was actually taking a long drive with my son trying to figure out a left side thumping noise. It was driving me nuts. Did a search here and was thinking the worse. My son reached under the seat and located a rolling flashlight. At that point, I drew on my technical skills as there are no known TSBs on flashlights.

I told my son to carefully hand me said flashlight and I threw it out the window. Ever since, no further noise. Calls to GT Guys averted.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Mine clicked 10k a couple weeks ago. I could care less what it's worth when it's time to sell. :)

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
The GT Guys had to determine a very similar noise in one of the GT's that came to the Wisconsin Tech day. It had 2 items. The first was the tow ring under the seat and the other was a piece of a valve stem still in the tire.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
My son reached under the seat and located a rolling flashlight. At that point, I drew on my technical skills as there are no known TSBs on flashlights.

I told my son to carefully hand me said flashlight and I threw it out the window. Ever since, no further noise. Calls to GT Guys averted.

:rofl

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Why 8%? Is this a known factor?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Yep, passed the 10,000 mark. I suspect that alone cost me 8% or more. Ask me if I give a sh$T. Too much fun.

I was actually taking a long drive with my son trying to figure out a left side thumping noise. It was driving me nuts. Did a search here and was thinking the worse. My son reached under the seat and located a rolling flashlight. At that point, I drew on my technical skills as there are no known TSBs on flashlights.

I have passed 12,000 mi on my GT and am not looking back. Car drives as well or better today than day 0.

Fear not embarrassment about the flashlight incident. I spent some time yesterday wondering why I could not get the seat in my 458 to go as far back as normal. Figured the motor must be partially out or I grew 2 inches or something. After 2 days, I finally realized a large book had slipped behind the seat, preventing it from going back all the way. At least it is better than growing 2 inches. My wife is still making fun of me !

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Reminds me of a story a while back about a Forum member who had a "pulley & tune" done, and was dissappointed with the results. He didn't think he saw any improvement over stock. He thought WOT response just wasn't what it should have been. After a couple go-arounds, he discovered a pair of reading glasses (from the mechanic who did the pulley and tune) that were getting crushed under the accelerator pedal. Once the glasses were removed - all was well! Sh!t happens!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I turned over 12,000 miles in September, got the car in July of 10 with 4,000 miles, best 8,000 miles I ever did on any car that I've ever owned. The smile per mile is far in excess of the depreciation factor. I'm not just talking about my smiles, but the smiles I see on everyone's face when they see me drive the car. Yes, many people buy "exotic cars" to look at them, and they enjoy that experience, me, I enjoy pressing on the go pedal, and listening to the sweet sounds of the exhaust, and I blip it just to hear it sing!!!! Go ahead, laugh at those of us who enjoy driving it, I will not "save" mine for the next owner!!!

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I am at 10400 and not looking back! Enjoy them guys! I love my Ford.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Some where I saw or was told to figure $4/mile. Worth every penny.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
13,000 here, and EACH is priceless. A couple of them where at 210 mph. Can't say that about any other car I've owned. Going on my sixth year now in this monogamous relationship with my GT :)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
As I have said before.The only investment in a car is your enjoyment.
The guy who dies with the most mileage wins! (He also has had the most fun)

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Just hit 15K, am about to do the first 'real' service. Someone should develop a tool that pulls all those frakkin' underpan screws simultaneously!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just hit 15K, am about to do the first 'real' service. Someone should develop a tool that pulls all those frakkin' underpan screws simultaneously!

That would be a big tool. :lol

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
That would be a big tool. :lol

Yes, that would be a big DBK....... I mean tool......

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Black GT......I bought my Black n/s from Shelby 12 months ago with 10,400 miles ! Put it to sleep for the winter in Nov with 11,600. Will try for 13,00 next Nov !!

I am at 10400 and not looking back! Enjoy them guys! I love my Ford.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Black GT......I bought my Black n/s from Shelby 12 months ago with 10,400 miles ! Put it to sleep for the winter in Nov with 11,600. Will try for 13,00 next Nov !!
Why not drive it more?

scotttroilo

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
Scottsdale AZ
Just hit 14,500 myself. Most fun I've ever had on four wheels. Or two wheels for that matter. My appreciation for that vehicle far outways it's depreciaton.

Happy New Year to all.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Our driving season here was cut short by a prolonged spring resulting in sand and gravel on the roads till mid June. An early snow in the fall required more sand (they may as well have left it on the roads right thru summer!) .....so .... a 4 month season. Hopefully 2011 will be waaaay better !

H

HHGT

Some where I saw or was told to figure $4/mile. Worth every penny.

With that formula, Jeff's car at 88K miles is worthless. Jeff, send me your car, I'll take it off your hands.:lol