Watch Your Inbox

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Thank you! And yes, I most certainly did... two coneys in fact, and the Reds kept up their end of the bargain, struck out 11 evil Pirates so that everyone at the park got a free LaRosa's pizza too!
Haha that’s awesome!

rnkma4

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2014
Santa Clarita
Right? I wasn't expecting that. I have to say in my case it hurts on so many different levels, and Im sorting through each and every one.

First- I could barely afford a mustang in 05-06, but got a GT500 in 07. I went to a Shelby event, a Bullrun event and I was suddenly running a successful well known charity event, a regional director for a decade with Shelby, hung out at Le Mans with H3 and Aaron Shelby and many of you here...so I thought with all the work Ive done for Ford and Shelby, and all the people I have become friends with at the oval and Shelby, I'd have a really great shot.

Second- Since I missed out in 05-06, I have since done far better for myself and now in my 40s I finally just got to the point I could even afford this, but I didn;t apply the first go around because I couldn't swing 500k just two years ago, and if I got picked and declined, I figured that would bar me from future consideration. I guess that was amistake.

Third- My cousin owns Vintage Air here in San Antonio- I knew about this project back in 2014-2015, and had a long time to hope for it.

Fourth- I have a LOT of friends that got the Congrats letter. A LOT. Im happy for them, but I feel like my hard work and time towing the line for Ford is just time I was undervalued.

Fifth- Buying Raptors, Shelbys, hell- even a damn SHO at one point, dealerships holding on to these performance vehicles and making what should be a really great experience and fun way to spend my money is always a kick in the ass- and its almost like I gotta kiss ass just to buy a damn mustang or f-150...and I know a lot of that has to do with living in San Antonio where people come up from the south to buy a new vehicle and pay just whatever is on the windshield. I had a 50th anniversary sold out from under me from Jordan Ford, and many other local dealers are the same way- its a friggin chore to buy a Ford worth having...and I thought this might be the one experience I actually get to enjoy...

Sixth- and this is the worst- Hackett has cut the program. This WILL be the last year of the run and there will be no more allocations. Its not been announced, but I found out about a great many cuts at Barrett Jackson this year that are also upcoming- and its not just the GT....

I guess it has me second guessing why I even applied- I have so many great cars and trucks from Ford, and its almost a taint to them all now....I just walk around with a bad taste in my mouth.....just generally pissed.

The whole thing sucks.

You should see the response I sent back to Ford Concierge....if I had an opportunity to build a bridge, my emotions decided to just burn it instead.....and Im really an easy going non temper kind of guy.

I really don't know how Im going to move forward with my Ford relationship and loyalty. I mean- Im not spending 7 figures on this car, or any other for that matter, so I'll never sit my pudgy butt in one.

What difference does it make- Jamie Allison, Raj Nair, Mike Berardi, Robert Parker, Mark Fields, Steve Ling- all the great passionate guys at Ford I got to have the privilege of building a personal relationship with are all gone now, and its just us watching Ford cut program after program...

I know most of you guys have a relationship too, and this is probably the worst post I could start off with here as an introduction- but it wasn't the way I thought it would go. I wanted to be a part of this group so badly...
There were a lot of deserving people who did not receive an allocation, I feel I'm one of them, however, if the worst thing to happen to me this week was I didn't get the right to spend up to $600K on a car, I think I'll survive. I'll drive my 05 this weekend and feel much better

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
How long did it take to hear back after the forms were sent. I can send it all back electronically but do they need the notary’s seal stamped on there??

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I scanned all in by email and heard next day.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I had it notarized by Thurs morn and sent it in.Had an e-mail back within a few hours.Yes I would assume they need seal on it.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
[/QUOTE]
I honestly don't know the answer to how it was handled. But I do know there was attrition. It's inevitable with this level of wait time. People will invariably get bored, busy, broke, you name it. Unfortunately, some people simply won't be with us anymore for their date with the Concierge.

I also think there will be attrition when some people realize it's not a guaranteed slam-dunk no-brainer (short-term) investment. The minute the "guaranteed million dollar car" bubble is pierced (which it will be, quickly), some people that were more ambivalent about the whole thing will bail on their allocations IMO. There are several dealers with cars who make no bones about it - their cars are getting moved as soon as possible.
When will the 2 year date arrive for first delivery?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes you must have it notarized. Even if you are out of town. I was in Texas and had to do it there instead of Illinois.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I’ll do it ASAP on Monday.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The Notarized form signed is what Ford holds your A.. to the fire and called A LEGAL Document!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
In Louisiana a seal is not required, just the notary’s signature and lic. number. I scanned and emailed in and had a response in a few hours. I asked if they wanted the originals emailed, but didn’t get a response back on that requirement.

oceanside gt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
So true. I thought it might get better. But not so.
So sorry Marc. 😔 Your video was so cool. I had high hopes that you'd be awarded an allocation. Hang in there and take good care.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
So sorry Marc. 😔 Your video was so cool. I had high hopes that you'd be awarded an allocation. Hang in there and take good care.
Same to you, I thought you too had a good chance. I guess it just wasn’t in the cards for us. Still bummed but blessed in many other ways.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats to all of you newly selected !! It will be worth the wait and my condolences to those who didn't get selected .. And for what it's worth the old 05/06 car still kick butt !!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Congrats to all of you newly selected !! It will be worth the wait and my condolences to those who didn't get selected .. And for what it's worth the old 05/06 car still kick butt !!

Can you tell us about how you compared them both recently?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Let's say there is no replacement for displacement.

Fordari

Nov 21, 2017
Metro Detroit/Bay Area
Has anybody else not yet received an email back from Ford? I keep checking all of my spam and inbox folders but nothing has come up yet. I’m assuming I’ll here back before Friday April 5th.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Every e-mail has been sent. At this point, if it's not in your spam folder you should contact the concierge team via the e-mail you received originally and ask them to re-send/verify your application.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Tom's Garage

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2016
california
Has anybody else not yet received an email back from Ford? I keep checking all of my spam and inbox folders but nothing has come up yet. I’m assuming I’ll here back before Friday April 5th.

I haven't gotten a email yet also!

Reactions: Fordari

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If you guy's haven't gotten an e-mail, beyond the checking spam thing, I would forward your original application submission confirmation e-mail to the Concierge as well.

Reactions: Fordari and Ed Sims

Fordari

Nov 21, 2017
Metro Detroit/Bay Area
If you guy's haven't gotten an e-mail, beyond the checking spam thing, I would forward your original application submission confirmation e-mail to the Concierge as well.
Thank you! Will do!