vin# 1FAFP90S05Y40011

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Was this a test mule or production car ,what colour was it and is there any known history to this chassis # The front fender had JOB 2 scribed on the underside and the vin #
:cheers
Neil nz05gt

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Heres what I have on VIN #00011.

It is a production car, built for a man named Finney. I think he was (is?) on the Ford board of directors. Color was Blue. Build date was on or about 7/23/04.

Hope this helps :thumbsup

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Thanks,but interesting as the front fender I have with this vin# printed on it is red has been touched up in the front right area then has been crashed afterwards as it is damaged on the left front and right rear of the fender.
also the 9th digit of the vin has an 0 not 1 to 9 or X was there 2 # 40011 chassis.
food for thought!
Neil

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Neil,

There seems to be a digit missing from your VIN. All VINs are 17 digits. Could there be a number missing from the end or maybe before the 11? It should look like (last 8) 5Y400011 or 5Y400111. 5 being model year, Y being a GT, then actual VIN number. :thumbsup

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
I see that but there are only 16 digits,just double checked, could it be preproduction .
also it is 20 mm shorter overall than the original one on my gt.
Neil

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Maybe just the last digit is not showing up? There aren't enough zeros in that number for it to be unit # 0011, and, especially if they VIN number appears 20mm short, implies that perhaps the last digit didn't register?

2005 car #0117 was a red Ford Test Car - and the "check digit" is "0". It made the rounds in Dearborn with various engineers, and spent a long weekend at GingerMan Raceway. There is certainly a possibility it may have had a fender replaced at some time.

regards,

Jeff

Gerry

Oct 13, 2006
Dearborn, Michigan
VIN Number Decoder

The 11th digit in the 17 digit VIN number designates the assembly plant of manufacture. "Y" = Wixom. So, all Lincolns have a "Y" for the 11th digit as well as the GT.
9th digit = Check Digit.
10th digit = model year.
12 through 17 = Production Sequence Number (6 numbers)

You should also find the VIN number on the Vehicle Certification Label.

Last edited:

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Here's the VIN plate from the number 2 car (2004) that was at Saleen. Preproduction have the standard format.

Somewhere I thought I heard the "40" before the 4 digit vehicle number was for the car being a GT-40, but I am not sure if that is true.

Attachments

• VIN.jpg
    VIN.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 247

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
Maybe just the last digit is not showing up? There aren't enough zeros in that number for it to be unit # 0011, and, especially if they VIN number appears 20mm short, implies that perhaps the last digit didn't register?

2005 car #0117 was a red Ford Test Car - and the "check digit" is "0". It made the rounds in Dearborn with various engineers, and spent a long weekend at GingerMan Raceway. There is certainly a possibility it may have had a fender replaced at some time.

regards,

Jeff

Thanks, this makes sense as the vin # is a ford sticker on the inner fender it my have a number missing the interesting thing is this fender is shorter by 20 mm also the wheel arch is taller ,this fender actually fits inside my original fender
Neil

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Thanks, this makes sense as the vin # is a ford sticker on the inner fender it my have a number missing the interesting thing is this fender is shorter by 20 mm also the wheel arch is taller ,this fender actually fits inside my original fender
Neil

Does it say made in China. :lol

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
NO it was supplied by ford as second hand for our race GT as well as the first tryout door made
Neil