VERY Hard Decision...But the GT Must Go

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Guys - I can't believe this day has come. But I've decided to sell the JOYRIDE Ford GT. I need to focus my efforts, and capital, on launching JOYRIDE.com. And although I will be back in this awesome community some day, I'm not sure if JOYRIDE will be on the side of the GT or not. JOYRIDE needs to rotate out its promotional vehicles...and we've got a TON of GT content. In part - thanks to DBK and this brotherhood.

I just wanted to say that I've had an incredible time, with having owned two Ford GT's now, been to three Rally's and many, many other GT related events. I intend to stay up on the forum for as long as you guys will have me. And hope to one day put the "Owner" back under my avatar. My dream is to some day own 3-4 of them and hopefully they won't be $500K a piece by then.

More importantly, I feel I've created some long lasting friendships within this community, and I know those will continue - because you guys rock (well most of you anyway :biggrin). So make sure I still get the invites to the dinners and BBQ's please. Or maybe I'll host another one so I can see a GT in my driveway again! :ack

Also...keep an eye out for what we're creating at JOYRIDE.com please. I'm confident you all will be hearing more and more about it in the very near future.

Last edited:

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Damn Shane! Sounds like its just a temporary situation. After meeting you and briefly hearing about your love of cars I'm confident you'll have a few GT's along with a bunch of other cool items in your garage very soon.

Keep us posted on JOYRIDE.com please.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Shane, Shane..Come Back!

If it wasn't for your "Battle of the SuperCars" party, I might not have a GT in my garage. After meeting you and the other fellow GTs, I knew it was now or never. Thanks for opening up this chapter for me. Stay in touch. Marc

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Don't worry Team Jeff. You can always come to a future Rally as one of my pit crew! LOL

Ed

PS I still owe you dinner when I see you in November.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
You'll be back, they always come back. I'll keep the people here thinking about your car (one way or another).

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
@Chris A - You rock. Very cool and hope we can hang in the future. And yes, I'm hoping somewhat temporary.
@MJSFRX - Always glad to turn people onto the GT. It is and will be an amazing car.
@Fubar - I will be back. And I can't wait to see the pics.

GTRob

Feb 18, 2009
If she had a Whipple and we could work something out, I wouldn't mind helping you out and continuing using it as a promo vehicle for JOYrIde.com in the sense of keeping the logos on it, taking it to some locate cruises days and car shows and my daily driver, only on sunny days, in the summer months.

Good luck with the sale and future success!:cheers

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Does not sound like you are going anywhere which is good. Just a temporary respite from the car. Remember the hunt is maybe he best part so you have that to look forward to.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Best of luck with the sale and your new endeavour. :cheers

.......and even though I got a new one I still miss my original one.......

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
@GT Rob - that would be awesome. Wish we could work something out. Appreciate the thought.
@Skyrex - Yep. I think I'm going to miss this "gal". I know her well and she's never let me down. And she's damn sexy.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
You'll be back, they always come back. I'll keep the people here thinking about your car (one way or another).

Oh ya - you'll be back like a bad rash!

Ed

laniakea

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 11, 2009
Shane - Good Luck I joined your new website and look forward to its launch this fall!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Wish you the very best of luck in your endeavor .
Best regards,Ron

GTRob

Feb 18, 2009
@GT Rob - that would be awesome. Wish we could work something out. Appreciate the thought.

Shane,
See what you can get (hopeful close to full asking) and then drop me an email and we can talk. Not in a big rush because unfortunately the snow is coming (love driving in it especially with rear wheel drive, but hate the cold) so I wouldn't be able to enjoy the car until next year.