Vehicle lift for NGT and 2006 GT

fordgt6

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 19, 2009
East Lake Weir, FL
Can anyone recommend a home garage lift for my GTs. Want it mostly inspections and oil chanes.
Thanks
Bob

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
A lot of folk here have Bendpak's

I have a couple from Quality. They are 4 posts with the rolling jack. My primary criteria for selection was a local provider, that I like. If you see an experienced team assemble one, its super fast and efficient. I know for sure I could do it, but I did not want to. They received it off the 18 wheeler, they handled the HEAVY pieces, brought it to our location, and set it up etc etc etc.

My point is, see if you can find local support, then see what they carry.

Lastly, dont sweat approach angles, I solved that with a set of race ramps, that I use with our trailer also.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Your biggest decision is whether 2-post or 4-post. Lots of previous discussions in other threads that you can search and read.

If yer just gonna pull the bottom panels off to inspect and change oil, a 4-post probably is easier to deal with, and on occasion if you want to lift the car to take off the wheels and work on brakes, get a scissors jack cradle that goes between the rails. Most 4-post lifts also have a wheel option that allows you to roll the whole lift around your shop, even with the car on it.

If you think you will be taking the wheels off frequently, then a 2-post will serve you better. But it has to be bolted to the floor in one place.

I had a 2-post in my last shop, and that’s probably what I’m gonna put it my new shop.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
2 Post, symetric or asymetric? A lot of weight hanging off the back on an asymetric.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I just ordered an Advantage lift yesterday. I came close to buying a back yard buddy since it was made in the USA, but they have since been bought by advantage and no longer make anything over 7000lbs in the USA. Mine is the 9000 xlt and it’s comparable to the bend pak, but came with ramps, casters, sliding jack tray and 4 drip pans as standard.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
I have 2 Bendpak HD-9’s with optional longer aluminum ramps and 2 drip trays.
298665A5-37D6-4F16-900C-A5A0E6185583.jpeg

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
4 post is best for the average guy to work on your car and storage. Center jacks are a must for working on the car, 1 will work but I recommend 2. I could be wrong but I think Bendpak requires an air supply for the safety stop. There are lots of size choices just get the biggest one that will fit in your garage.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
BendPak does require air for the locks.
If you're buying a lift, you probably have air already!
Best,
Mark

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
Check into a 1 post lift built by Tuxedo

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I bought an Atlas 4 post (recommended by Rich Brooks) but I will say it's almost too narrow for the New GT so if what you buy offers a wide one you might think about that - Atlas offers the wide but at the time did not have or know I would get the New GT

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I have ATLAS 408-SL and is wide enough to fit the new/old GT with a spotter and does not require compressed air to unlock. There is even a wider option called ATLAS 9000....I would get the 9000 or HD9 Bendak if buying now

Last edited:
Reactions: steved57

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
So I have the Atlas XH-PRO8000 and the New GT fits but it's pretty close fit and I think they offer it in a wide version

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
84C639AC-0B49-4961-8AFF-2827991B44F3.jpeg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
You did it after all (I remember a pix of your garage a ways back, and I commented you had the height for a triple)! Cool!

What are the details?

Reactions: maxemus

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I have the Revolution RFP9 (220v) model four post lift installed at my house. No air needed for locks. I can interchange parking my 19' or my 06' top/bottom without need for any help spotting to get the cars onto the ramp. This is a Rotary lift product and I'm using a Rotary Lift 2 post lift and another Revolution 4post lift at my workshop also.

Reactions: Nafod

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I have the Revolution RFP9 (220v) model four post lift installed at my house. No air needed for locks. I can interchange parking my 19' or my 06' top/bottom without need for any help spotting to get the cars onto the ramp. This is a Rotary lift product and I'm using a Rotary Lift 2 post lift and another Revolution 4post lift at my workshop also.

Is your 2 post Rotary the 7k Asymmetric ?

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
SPOA10-TRIO-RA Asymmetric. I tried this week to put my 06 GT on the 2 post lift for the first time to change tires and couldn't get the arms to reach the lifting points so I need to do some measuring and see if I can get it to work for the 06 or not. The 2 post has worked for every other car I've tried it with.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I took lift point measurements for my 06 Ford GT while I had it back home on my 4 post lift and then put together Sketchup models together using .dwg from Rotary website. Bottom line is my Rotary SPOA10-TRIO-RA Asymmetric 2 post won't work on my 06 GT. Lift points are too far apart (front to back = 89") to position the arms whether the car is front to back or reversed on the lift.

The Rotary SPO10-TRIO-RA Symmetric 2 post lift does look like it would at least allow the arms to reach the factory lift points. Not sure of balance on the lift though.

06 FordGT  Rotary SPO10 Trio Asymetric Lift Points.jpg06 FordGT  Rotary SPO10 Trio Asymetric Lift Points position2.jpg06 FordGT  Rotary SPO10 Trio Symetric Lift Points.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Thank you for the info on the Rotary/ Revolution. I almost had the asymmetric installed. Rotary's plant is close to our place back east. Was going to set up a tour.. maybe take the car there to tryout their lifts.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
You did it after all (I remember a pix of your garage a ways back, and I commented you had the height for a triple)! Cool!

What are the details?
It’s an Italian made lift by a company called Omer. They’re pretty sweet.

Reactions: Specracer