vanity plates

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Did you go with the T&A Penske suspension?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Bruce, awesome!

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
They are Penke's from T&A but valved for much heavier springs, the car is lowered 2" all around too, so it doesn't see the street much anymore.

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Bruce, awesome!

Thank You,
I am way down on power from the TT guys but cornering power is pretty good.

tmctguer

GT Owner
Jan 11, 2010
dana point, CA
here's my GT's plate......an obvious reference to the sheer fun of driving my beast. license plate.jpg

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
:cool
attachment.php

You are on a persistent Train to Bangkok aren't you? :thumbsup

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
LMANS69 on my Hertiage with 1969 race decals on it

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You are on a persistent Train to Bangkok aren't you? :thumbsup

Yes I most definitely am. The best part is when someone else "Gets it"

102_1339_zpsefe1467a.jpg

102_1247_zps5af84699.jpg

102_1246_zps2f5d4d2c.jpg

I tried for 2112, Bytor, Snowdog and N2RUSH.....all taken

Sorry, Photography not the best. Just got home from Seattle in the Wife's Camaro so it's filthy.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Love the Z8

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thank you, Why are you not out on a date? It is Friday night! :wink

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
here's my GT's plate......an obvious reference to the sheer fun of driving my beast. View attachment 27316

Sorry, but what does it say? I'm not good at figuring out these coded license plates.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I think I was able to figure out one of your license tags (FREEWIL = Free Will), but I can't figure out the significance of the rest (CYGNSX1, SIGNALS, YYZ). Can you give a guy a break and tell me what they mean. I thought maybe SIGNALS was sarcasm telling other drivers to use their turn signal lights when changing lanes, etc. Was I close?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Long live Neil Peart!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I think I was able to figure out one of your license tags (FREEWIL = Free Will), but I can't figure out the significance of the rest (CYGNSX1, SIGNALS, YYZ). Can you give a guy a break and tell me what they mean. I thought maybe SIGNALS was sarcasm telling other drivers to use their turn signal lights when changing lanes, etc. Was I close?

Cygnus x-1 is a deep space X-ray source, thought to be a black hole. There is also some connection with an obsure canuck musical trio.:rofl

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Given that Rush, 2112, Freewill, Signals (Rush album), Cygnus-1 (rush tribute) and YYZ (Toronto airport) all have some Canadian connection, either Michael is the worlds biggest Rush fan, or he's a member of the trio :wink That's what I took from the plates anyway.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
:lol:lol

Yup Soundtrack to my life. I love a lot of music but the trio is far and away my favorite. How many 3 piece bands sound like 6-7 member groups?

Cygnus X-1 is a suspected black hole and side 1 to a great album "Hemispheres"

YYZ Fantastic and famous instrumental on Moving Pictures and the call letters for their Home town airport

Signals, Maybe my favorite album of all time. Alex teaches school on how to play a guitar solo on several tracks

Freewill, killer musicianship and lyrics from 79' album Permanent waves (another unreal guitar solo)

2112 Title of album and side 1. Story of oppressive Priests (government) who control every facet of life thus sucking the fun and joy out of it.

Lots of other possibilities in their works but we are limited to 7 letters/symbols. Plus you want to make them so people know what you are trying to spell out. Tried to come up with a way to have Red Barchetta on the Z8. Had a Fountain named Permanent waves and a Cigarette named Fly by Night.

Last edited:

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mine is 2006 GT

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

"CYGNSX1" is a good example of a vanity plate that references what can only be described as an obscure subject for most people. As a result, there's no way anyone but a 'select few' could make sense of it. In that regard, "CYGNSX1" a couple rungs up the complexity ladder from "The One"...the precise meaning of that being what only some people in the Ford community might instantly recognize. The same proposition applies when someone with, say, a 20-letter-long Greek name abbreviates that. Unless you know that the driver is Greek when you see his plate, it's not likely you're going to have a prayer decoding it.

OTOH, something like "YYZ" can be interpreted as a symbol for an airport (although you may not know which one, exactly) OR something like 'TOO WISE'.

An aside: There's one vanity plate I've shown to many people over the years that, to my utter astonishment, no one has been able to figure out! It's sooooooo darned obvious! The plate? "10SNE1" I'd wager most here will 'get it' instantly.

Edit: One 'plate I'll never forget was on a Benz 450SL that was driven by a blonde F-O-X. It read, "MEOW".

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have had more than a few people know what YYZ and CYGNUS X-1 are FWIW.

Still, point taken.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Aaaaaaaaah, but, they're in your 'musical' age group, right?