vanity plates

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Yes, Ford has contracted with the State of Texas for use of the logo on vanity plates. There is a small charge in addition to the special plate. MyPlates.com runs the program for the state.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That would never happen up here. Vanity plates must support environmental, tribal, university or veteran groups. Not saying that is a bad thing, just no commercial interests.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
SL

SL

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The State of Texas is interested in Making Money (REVENUE) on anything, anyone at any time.

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Most of the good GT plates are long gone in Florida, especially with the number of Mustang GTs on the road. Got AKA GT40

Attachments

• AKA GT40.jpg
    AKA GT40.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 216

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Tried to get "F ENZO" last month in Houston. My application ( and money) was accepted, then two weeks later I got an e-mail telling me that Texas DMV had rejected the plate because of 'vulgarity'! Who knew we Texas folk were so sensitive?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Not polite, but we've all felt it.

5D3_2210.jpg

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Along that thread...

3VOM

For the unfortunates with front plates.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Not polite, but we've all felt it.

...at least a dozen times per outing.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Tried to get "F ENZO" last month in Houston. My application ( and money) was accepted, then two weeks later I got an e-mail telling me that Texas DMV had rejected the plate because of 'vulgarity'! Who knew we Texas folk were so sensitive?

Profanities? I always thought it stood for "Ferrari Enzo", you know, so that you've got the plate for when you eventually get the car... :wink :lol:rofl:biggrin

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
...at least a dozen times per outing.

I had MUVOVER on my F-350. Not so great. Made it a bit easy for people to report me for aggressive driving. Yes, I loose it on left lane campers. My pet peeve. Had to change it out after 2 calls in a 6 month period. :bored

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Vanity Plate

Ford GT wing splitter 009.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Man that wing is huge. I'm fairly certain the FAA will require anti-collision strobe lights on the tips.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I had MUVOVER on my F-350...Made it a bit easy for people to report me for aggressive driving. Yes, I loose it on left lane campers....Had to change it out after 2 calls in a 6 month period. :bored

No biggie. Unless a LEO sees you 'being agressive', nothing can legally come of a "phoned-in" report. 'Reason for that is anyone can phone in a bogus report on someone with whom they have a 'beef' just to cause 'em grief.

Personally, if I were answering these calls, the 1st question I'd ask the caller is, "What did YOU do to tick that driver off?" 'Bet I'd here a 'click' darn quick.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The Sheriff Contacted me. Both cases were where I aggressively passed a left lane camper on the right side. Close like. You know to let em know I was hacked off.

They told me to cool it. Got rid of the plates and never had a call again.

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Some have asked me if the GT was the "first" car off the assembly line....
Once a nice looking gal asked me what it meant.... She thought: "I FORGET." (Not A Blond Joke...)

Get some interesting comments on the Ferrari: Cute, That's Neat, Love It..... Then, there are the folks that ask: "What year is that Mustang?"

51onl2.jpg

The others in the collection with vanity plates are:

Vette62 (Still trying for 62Vette)
63Vette
65Vette
356 B ('63 Cabriolet)

DJ

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
qqqq the plate was all caps.

Mine is CAR BUF

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Try GT DZZZZ

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
That wing looks like serious business. Any details on it?

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
That wing looks like serious business. Any details on it?
It is a carbon fiber GT1 wing running at 3 degrees, I designed the brackets and mount which bolt in place of the rear bumper. I have a 1/2 " Gurney flap on it and use any where from 0 to 5 degrees of wing angle.
It requires a 7" front splitter with end blocks to achieve aerodynamic balance at speed. I had to up the rear and front spring rates considerably because the front splitter would ground out above 150. The car is equipped with flexible side skirts too which also enhances downforce because the diffuser works. The front splitter was fabricated by a drag hydroplane shop from carbon fiber using a plywood pattern I made.
I have quite a few track miles on the set up and am very happy with it, mild oversteer below 100 going to neutral and then slight understeer at higher speeds.