US Fidelis Extended Warranty

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
A while ago JBG had found US Fidelis and signed up for extended warranty. I did the same - covered both cars. They said "no problem", that was until I got the cancellation letter that stated the underwriters would not cover the GT.

OK. So canned both policies. But wait, they said they could do extended mechanical coverage. So I'll bite. $2600.00 for 5 year 100,000 mile coverage. Only limit is that coverage stated in 60 days and/or (seems to be and) 1500 miles. You also needed to install an engine and transmission additive that they send you (naturally I protested this at the onset, but figurered I would get the policy and read it). The flyer for the additive gives some of the same information as the warranty coverage. Obviously a tie between the two (not like they gave STP or another main brand).

Well, I read it. The "aggregate limit of liability" for the engine is $3000.00, $2,000.00 for the transmission, $500.00 for electrical, and $500.00 for a/c. If we had a transfer case they cover that for $1,500.00. Look at those numbers compared to the cost of the GT engine and transaxle. Doesn't go far, does it?

So, for a mere $2,545.00 I can get $3,000.00 worth of coverage. :bs

Needless to say, I am on the way to cancellation. We'll see how that goes since they never refunded my initial premuim (30 day return ok) for the first warranty.

Last edited:

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
that company is under investigation in a BUNCH of states, saw a story on the Today Show.

cudacharlie

Dec 21, 2005
SoCal
Yep. Saw something about it on consumerist.com ....

http://consumerist.com/5234396/car-warranty-racket-exposed-on-today-show

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
My coverage didn't last long. Within a couple weeks of providing a deposit, the policy was cancelled because of an aftermarket air filter :thumbsdow I never got to the additives. Can't see them being around when I hit 5 years or 100K.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Terminated.

18 minutes on hold to get transferred.

38 minutes on hold to cancel. That took 2 mintues. They would not send me an email to confirm the cancellation.

And they still looked to sell me another policy, but nothing else was offered in my state.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
All together now: "IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE..."

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Thanks for the heads up. I wondered about this coverage.

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
I haven't seen the ad on TV for awhile. Did Rusty Wallace cancel his endorsement? I can't imagine someone wanting their name associated with an outfit being investigated by 40 States.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
To this day I do not know why so many people are interested in purchasing an extended warranty for these cars. 99% of extended warranties are limited at a LOW AMOUNT. If it was to the CONSUMERS BENEFIT, the warranty company would not sell them. I agree that in a very small number of cases one may benefit from one of these warranties, but those cases are very rare. Now, FACTORY extended warranties are a whole different story. These warranties can be very good, but they are the ONLY ones that I would ever consider purchasing, but unfortunatly they are not available.

Aug 25, 2006
These are akin to PT Barnum's wonderful offerings

Pass go and do not collect $200 ....... fricken run

Shadowman

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Shelby is absolutely correct IMO.

It surprises me that our seeming astute membership continues to spend time and effort to seek out these policies which provide little if any benefit from less than stellar companies.

I just don't get it.....

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Shelby is absolutely correct IMO.

It surprises me that our seeming astute membership continues to spend time and effort to seek out these policies which provide little if any benefit from less than stellar companies.

I just don't get it.....

Hope springs eternal that some companies still deliver 'VALUE', much like I can safely assume, our astute membership continue to deliver in their daily endeavors.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I haven't seen the ad on TV for awhile. Did Rusty Wallace cancel his endorsement? I can't imagine someone wanting their name associated with an outfit being investigated by 40 States.

I went home for lunch today with my Son and we were watching Science Channel. There was a long 1 min. commercial with Rusty and his Son. So the answer is, he is still doing the endorsement. I guess as a Nationwide NASCAR Owner, you will take the sponsorhip, no matter how crummy the product.

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
To this day I do not know why so many people are interested in purchasing an extended warranty for these cars. 99% of extended warranties are limited at a LOW AMOUNT. If it was to the CONSUMERS BENEFIT, the warranty company would not sell them. I agree that in a very small number of cases one may benefit from one of these warranties, but those cases are very rare. Now, FACTORY extended warranties are a whole different story. These warranties can be very good, but they are the ONLY ones that I would ever consider purchasing, but unfortunatly they are not available.

disagree, but you do have to be carefull what you buy. Saying that if there is a "benefit to the consumer they wouldn't sell it" can be said about any insurance related product. The coverage is for individual loss not group loss. Obviously insurance products exist to serve a market regardless of the type of protection. Problem is 99% of consumers don't read anything they sign which in the case of a service contract makes a big difference.

FYI, there are extended warranties out there that can be a better choice than what is availible from the factory.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
sat, can you give us some for-instances?

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Yea, I'm interested in these examples as well.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yesterday I saw a commercial that was the MIRROR IMAGE of a 'Fedilus spot, but which NEVER MENTIONED that name - or any company name. It just gave an "800" number. (And, of course, the "fine print" flashed at the bottom of the screen was too small to read in the .187 seconds it was on there...so 'was impossible to tell if a name was disclosed within it.) But, it sure looked and sounded exactly like a USF spot.

'Point being: I'm wondering if all the law suits/bad media/bad 'net coverage has now forced 'em into doing that.

MG 42

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2006

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Interesting article "six vehicles, including a 2005 Ford GT racer with a supercharged V8 engine and valued at $107,420".

A guy who found religion in jail, still makes me suspicious.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Interesting article "six vehicles, including a 2005 Ford GT racer with a supercharged V8 engine and valued at $107,420".

A guy who found religion in jail, still makes me suspicious.

I wonder if hes got an extended warrenty for it:biggrin