Torque specifications on Supercharger snout?

DMS427

Ford Gt Owner
Jan 5, 2008
Michigan
In the process of swapping pulleys on the factory supercharger and was wondering if anyone had the recommended torque specs for the front nose portion of the supercharger? The part held on by the 6 allen head bolts? Also...if anyone might know the torque specs of the bolts that attach the supercharger to the intake...it would be greatly appreciated .
By the way, any recommendations on where to buy a complete shop manual for these cars?

Thank you,

David

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Look for old posts here with exact info. Found on E-bay many times as well. You need to deal with Helm, the print house for Ford.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I got a CD manual from Helm. I like the CD format since it is easier to find stuff and when I do I print out the pages. For me the book manuals get dirty real fast and the pages start to fall out. Also the CD manual include things like emissions, wiring etc. that are separate in book form.

Aug 25, 2006
In the process of swapping pulleys on the factory supercharger and was wondering if anyone had the recommended torque specs for the front nose portion of the supercharger? The part held on by the 6 allen head bolts? Also...if anyone might know the torque specs of the bolts that attach the supercharger to the intake...it would be greatly appreciated .
By the way, any recommendations on where to buy a complete shop manual for these cars?

Thank you,

David

David

As mentioned there is access to service manuals however none of those that I have show the disassembling of the supercharger but rather the simply removal of the assembly.

Having replace the pulley on a few and sealed the front case on others I can share that I use TA-16 as the sealant for the snout to the case and then I draw the snout up to the case and then in a star pattern I slowly tighten the bolts little by little until tight.

I can only speculate on the actual torque however I remain available to answer any questions that you have along the way.

Takes care

Shadowman

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Supercharger Snout Torque Specifications

On my KB-HCD instructions, it says to torque them to 18 ft/lbs.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...if anyone might know the torque specs of the bolts that attach the supercharger to the intake...it would be greatly appreciated ...

...however none of those that I have show the disassembling of the supercharger...I can only speculate on the actual torque....
Takes care

Shadowman

25 nM (or 18.5 lb-ft)

I attached the instructions for pulling the snout (from the FRPP Power Upgrade Kit) - I'm sure these instructions are valid for any pulley change, except for the shim sizes to maintain the proper belt tension.

The instructions also give the phone number for Helm, Inc (for other manuals), or you can check it out online at www.helminc.com

Last edited:

DMS427

Ford Gt Owner
Jan 5, 2008
Michigan
It is little mystery as to why "Shadowman" is so well repected on this forum. Bill your willingness to help out others with their GT's is well above the call of duty.

You have consistently demonstrated yourself to be an invaluable resource for fellow members and you do so without ever asking for anything in return. Your repeated acts of generosity only reinforces my opinion and others that you are truly a "class act" and clearly a rarity in today's fast paced world. I only hope that you don't feel like your being taken advantage of if from time to time we seek your counsel regarding our beloved GT's!

Thanks for all your help.

David

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
It is little mystery as to why "Shadowman" is so well repected on this forum. Bill your willingness to help out others with their GT's is well above the call of duty.

You have consistently demonstrated yourself to be an invaluable resource for fellow members and you do so without ever asking for anything in return. Your repeated acts of generosity only reinforces my opinion and others that you are truly a "class act" and clearly a rarity in today's fast paced world. I only hope that you don't feel like your being taken advantage of if from time to time we seek your counsel regarding our beloved GT's!

David

Thank you

It is a give and take that make for a great Forum and in this threads case; I am taking a bit more than I left behind.

I truly appreciate the torque values as shared and am putting them away for another day.

All the best

Shadowman

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Agreed....

Bill's wisdom and willingness to help is second to none!

Without question a Forum treasure!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
jm.jpg
提供注册香港公司服务

hey look its the HK Company, happy people.... moderators?

Aug 25, 2006
Agreed....

Bill's wisdom and willingness to help is second to none!

Without question a Forum treasure!

Thank you

You and the many folks that I have the opportunity to meet through this Forum are far too kind; as I chat on the phone, shake a few hands, type threads and replies I always smile because I always feel as though I am the beneficiary of this relationship.

Takes care and “Thank You” again

Shadowman

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma

David

+1:thumbsup:cheers