Top Gear - Ford GT Review 4/2/17

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
OK so now I have been in a car when it goes up and down, its wild how fast it is.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I love the car & color. The roads are the ones I drive on all the time so that made it even cooler. Now, if i could figure out how to get the NGT to pass a 92db track day at Laguna I'd be happy. Open sound track days are like every other year.

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Ed, alternatively, come to Sears Point/Sonoma!! I know.., you visit Monterey often.

Ed
I love the car & color. The roads are the ones I drive on all the time so that made it even cooler. Now, if i could figure out how to get the NGT to pass a 92db track day at Laguna I'd be happy. Open sound track days are like every other year.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sears Point & Thunderhill is 103db which I'm confident the NGT will make ok. However, Laguna is my favorite so I am going to try it when I get the new car. If you skip the morning on a foggy day there is a better chance of making sound there.

Ed

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
I like Laguna too, but I like Sears Point more.
I bet not too long after you get your NGT, you won't pass 103db.....;)

Ed

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Sears Point & Thunderhill is 103db which I'm confident the NGT will make ok. However, Laguna is my favorite so I am going to try it when I get the new car. If you skip the morning on a foggy day there is a better chance of making sound there.

Ed

Just get a waiver, works for Ferrari! ;-)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Ed

What is the DB rating on the NFGT?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It depends on weather. Under full throttle going uphill at laguna with clear 70° weather it could be 95db+

Cool, foggy conditions it could be 100db+

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ed's problem is that he can't pass a winery in Sonoma.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ha ha!

Ed

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Y5lHBW3.gif

the stuff dreams are made of...

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Not impressed with the review. Matt L is really not the right one to do a review of this kind. Lots of great pics and sound but absolutely nothing regarding factual performance.

Agreed.

PS: the Elite is a '75 model! ;-)