to mod my gt or not that is the Q

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
have been looking at my car in my shop happy with power and the look never leave my toys untouched keep looking at it and the things i would like to do will the mods hurt the resale ? most of them could always be put back to stock

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
IMO mods will hurt resale, but they enchance the enjoyment of the car.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Obviously it depends on the "mods". Dropping the car, reversible and either way, won't hurt value. Same with short shift, exhaust, pulley/tune, clear bra. Now repainting, twin turbo are also reversible, but they probably would have the potential to hurt the value. IMHO, it's your car, do to it what will bring you the most enjoyment, most importantly, drive it!!!!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Obviously it depends on the "mods". Dropping the car, reversible and either way, won't hurt value. Same with short shift, exhaust, pulley/tune, clear bra. Now repainting, twin turbo are also reversible, but they probably would have the potential to hurt the value. IMHO, it's your car, do to it what will bring you the most enjoyment, most importantly, drive it!!!!
+1
Exactly!
Best,
Mark

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
I agree. If your purpose is to collect the car and hope it appreciates, then leave it stock, don't drive it much and keep it maintained. If you want to enjoy it, modify it to your tastes and don't worry too much about a small drop in value!

JMO
ben

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
Mopar, mud the car and enjoy it , don't look back , I think a lot of cars out there have muds and some point , a lot of people put them back to stock before they sell it , just something to consider , if u want to look or check out my mods I am not far from u

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Mod away....

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Resale? wtf?

I'm trying to think of which mods would hurt value. An oddball repaint. TT or Whipple (implying more drivetrain stress). I don't think a pulley and tune or any exhaust mod would hurt value. Bumper delete? I don't think so, especially if you keep all the original parts. Lambo doors? I can't imagine you'd recover your cost and you'd narrow the pool of potential buyers. Aftermarket wheels? I think that would hurt value if you don't have a set of OEM wheels.

I think the biggest hit to value is miles. But if you're really concerned about resale, then you are giving your own smiles/mile a very low value.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
The best mods are all reversible. Mod away and enjoy! I did blower upgrades, lowering, wheels, shifter and some other neat things, all which make driving her a whole lot more fun!

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
I think the GTX1 was the ultimate non returnable Mod, not sure but I don't think it hurt resale value.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I think the GTX1 was the ultimate non returnable Mod, not sure but I don't think it hurt resale value.

'Apples and ox carts there...'innit'. :facepalm:

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Lot's of cool things you could and should do ....and some maybe not so good. Most of the really important ones are easily reversible.
The pulley & tune, with an exhaust change and lowering the car a notch really makes it interesting.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Do the mods for sure, Im a collector too. But..... the Heffner pulley and tune with exhaust woke my car up by 50%. Its awesome to drive, every single time... Eric

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Resale? wtf?

I think the biggest hit to value is miles. But if you're really concerned about resale, then you are giving your own smiles/mile a very low value.

EP would agree 100%! :lol

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
Mopar, mud the car and enjoy it , don't look back , I think a lot of cars out there have muds and some point , a lot of people put them back to stock before they sell it , just something to consider , if u want to look or check out my mods I am not far from u

i would like to check some things out so if you have some time it would be nice to check your mods out

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich

clear bra exh and pulley and tune what are the up and downs to a clear bra ?

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
No down side to clear bra.Th best product out there is EXPEL EXTREME.You can barely see it on your car.A must on all the leading edges the complete lower rockers behind the rear wheel arches etc.Pulley and tune is great .But you must have Torrie tune your car or bring to dyno and have tuned to your motor. Its the best bang in performance for your dollar. This is all my 02 for the record.Oreder the Project 21 products since they are doing another run.
No drilling for the Stillen mud flaps.Highly recommended !