Fort Worth, TX
Thanks for the updates AJB and Blake!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
At some point, the hectoring over option prices becomes tedious. It's like being asked at car shows what you paid for a car. Everyone loves that right?

Hey Mister, what do you do for a living?, how much did you pay for that car?, how can I get that much money? Boy are you LUCKY! Or in heavy Russian accent, "How much for the little girl?"

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
My window was January - March.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Welcome... glad to help clarify,,
'andy(ajb)

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Hey Mister, what do you do for a living?, how much did you pay for that car?, how can I get that much money? Boy are you LUCKY! Or in heavy Russian accent, "How much for the little girl?"

:lol:thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yes, I am getting the Dark Energy upgrade interior. I want a complete leather seat with no cloth insert. According to the concierge, I am not alone on this. That is why I believe they will offer the option in the future. Probably right after my car is built. I would wait if I knew that they were going to offer the option in the near future. I don't buy a $500,000 car every day.

I made the exact same request and pushed as hard as I could to get an all black leather interior but they wouldn't budge on my request. Frustrating because the all black leather interior is available and being made but only in the Heritage cars. They want all black leather seats exclusive to the #2 GT's but I don't see black leather seats as a unique feature. Still I'm so excited to be getting a new GT and the Dark Energy upgrade interior looks great. I just thought an all leather seat would wear better and look new longer. If the Alcanterra ever shows any signs of wear I'll pull the seats and replace it with black leather. All the best.

Chip

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Chip don't forget the seats are molded into the tub. Cushions will need to be pulled.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Chip don't forget the seats are molded into the tub. Cushions will need to be pulled.

Actually the seat bases are bolted to the tub..

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Actually the seat bases are bolted to the tub..

Didn't know that. Interesting.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Didn't know that. Interesting.
The passenger side is more interesting. It uses load sensing bolts to know if the seat is occupied for air bag deployment purposes..:biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow, Kitty, how do you know that?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Wow, Kitty, how do you know that?
While you're online searching for new mankinis I'm online reading Ford GT specs .. :facepalm:

Last edited:

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
It appears there is a holdup on the Titanium Exhaust. I was advised to drop the option or expect a build delay. I dropped it... maybe they will offer it aftermarket?

It's not available on the Heritage. Authenticity I would suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoke to my concierge earlier today on another matter and he confirmed again the Titanium Exhaust will cause a build delay if your car is close. My order cut off date was in December. Still no idea of when I will get the car, but it will be too soon for the exhaust.

Good news (not!) ... I saved $10k

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
wow so the TI exhaust is $10K is that header also?

Spoke to my concierge earlier today on another matter and he confirmed again the Titanium Exhaust will cause a build delay if your car is close. My order cut off date was in December. Still no idea of when I will get the car, but it will be too soon for the exhaust.

Good news (not!) ... I saved $10k

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
wow so the TI exhaust is $10K is that header also?

It's my understanding that the NFGT has a cast iron exhaust manifold with either exhaust.

Chip

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I was told from the cats back was Ti. The exhaust manifolds up to and including the cats are the same on all the cars.

It's my understanding that the NFGT has a cast iron exhaust manifold with either exhaust.

Chip

All the cars use the same exhaust manifolds and they are shown as cast Stainless Steel.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Will Ti sound different/louder?

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Will Ti sound different/louder?

Not sure about the sound but the Ti is lighter and has that nice gold tint. I suspect the real advantage is weight which is the holy grail for race cars. I think the gold tint may be the reason it's not available on the Heritage... not authentic. But, I'm just speculating....

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Not sure about the sound but the Ti is lighter and has that nice gold tint. I suspect the real advantage is weight which is the holy grail for race cars. I think the gold tint may be the reason it's not available on the Heritage... not authentic. But, I'm just speculating....

Ti exhaust is 22 lbs lighter and slightly louder according to my concierge.

Chip

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Ti exhaust is 22 lbs lighter and slightly louder according to my concierge.

Chip

22 lbs... that's $455 per pound! A pittance on a $500k car! I'm hoping they sell it in the aftermarket to those of us denied....

I once paid $25k for the Ti Exhaust for a D16 Ducati. The thing was completely hidden except for the tips... just like the GT.

Yes.... spending my children's inheritance. [emoji4]