Tires

Steve Schneider

GT Owner
Dec 16, 2010
Hello gentlemen

I have a 917 mile GT that I have decided to drive and enjoy more, besides Torries pulley tune, I want to replace the original tires, please confirm the Bridgestone Scuderia REO50A rear 345/35ZR19 will fit?

I have asked my local Ford dealer and tire retailers both seem concerned about the 19 inch soft rim and 345 width with possibly damaging it, is there a better machine both shops have new machines

The best deal so far for all 4 tires is from Tire Rack US but they do not wrap or protect the tires due to courier shipping requirements, has anyone ordered from them, thinking tires may get scuffed up or marked, since they are not white letter maybe they will be OK?

Thank you
Steve
Toronto

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Hello gentlemen

I have a 917 mile GT that I have decided to drive and enjoy more, besides Torries pulley tune, I want to replace the original tires, please confirm the Bridgestone Scuderia REO50A rear 345/35ZR19 will fit?

I have asked my local Ford dealer and tire retailers both seem concerned about the 19 inch soft rim and 345 width with possibly damaging it, is there a better machine both shops have new machines

The best deal so far for all 4 tires is from Tire Rack US but they do not wrap or protect the tires due to courier shipping requirements, has anyone ordered from them, thinking tires may get scuffed up or marked, since they are not white letter maybe they will be OK?

Thank you
Steve
Toronto

They will fit, you will love them, and don't worry, they're wrapped by tire rack and they'll come perfect.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
They will fit, you will love them, and don't worry, they're wrapped by tire rack and they'll come perfect.

I agree tires way better than the old Goodyears. And they look cooler

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Steve. Put them on and lets go for a ride.

andreikoc

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2013
Tires Spec

Bridgestones ford GT.jpg

andreikoc

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2013
Need to be sure to specuify Porsche for the fronts. Did pulley and tires at same time. Thought tires were the better of the two!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
They not only arrive in perfect condition they are shipped from many locations---very quickly. Got mine in 2 days in perfect condition. No problem0.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The n1 has a stiffer inner side wall vs the regular 050A. This is a Porsche rear tire, so with the weight of the engine and negative camber, Porsche specified this. There are actually 5 versions of this tire in this size. Standard, 2 Porsche, a Mercedes, and a run flat.

Were those prices tire rack?

andreikoc

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2013
Yes but not current (is anything).

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Same tires I bought...still haven't had time to take the car to get them put on. Maybe tomorrow. Sure would like to drive it Sunday.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
The n1 has a stiffer inner side wall vs the regular 050A. This is a Porsche rear tire, so with the weight of the engine and negative camber, Porsche specified this. There are actually 5 versions of this tire in this size. Standard, 2 Porsche, a Mercedes, and a run flat.

Were those prices tire rack?

So Andy, of the 5 versions of this tire, specifically which configuration should FGT owners order for the front and which configuration should be ordered for the rear. IYO.
I just want to make sure I understand your recommendations.
Thanks!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ +1 ...and, they still offer the N0 at the same price as the N1. Which is preferred and why?

According to Tire Rack, "The N-0 marking is assigned to the first (Porsche) approved version of a tire design. As that design is refined externally or internally, the later significant evolutions will result in a new generation of the tire to be branded with N-1, N-2, N-3, etc., in succession. When a completely new tire design is approved, it receives the N-0 branding and the succession begins again."

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Make sure to check dates. I recently got some ancient ones and had to sent them back.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This was bugging me as to why as well, hence my research literally earlier this week.

It is my understanding, from a call to Bridgestone's 800 number, and a very helpful person that answered the phone, that the N0 and N1 are the same tire. The N0 is the OEM tire that is supplied to Porsche, and N1 is the direct replacement sold through the aftermarket. Again these are a Porsche specification sent to Bridgestone, for a rear tire for a 911 with the 18" wheel package.

So in conversations with the gods of GT suspension, and handling (mark and scott), the N1 will help the car ever so slightly upon turn in which is good on these cars. Im buying the N1.

FWIW, the other 2 versions are the "MO" Mercedes version only has a 97Y speed rating, so it would not match the rear. No one wants the "MOE", which is the runflat, and the additional weight associated with that.

Good news, the rear is easy, there are no choices, the 345 does not have any other options, just the one tire.

I was confused as heck last week, and put some time in to figure this out. Hope this helps.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I believe the N1 matches the tread pattern of the rear tire. The N0 does not. Mine match perfectly. If you walk into a Firestone/Bridgestone tire store, the desk people usually can't help you very much and are irritating. TireRack does a great job at a great price.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks very much Andy for doing the research for all of us.
Uh, and also thanks Frank!!
I'll go to tirerack

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Thanks very much Andy for doing the research for all of us.
Uh, and also thanks Frank!!
I'll go to tirerack

You also need to be aware yourself, sometimes Tire Rack can be a real pain to work with when resolving issues with faulty tires. I bought a full set of Bridgestone tires for my MB S550. Had two incidents where the sidewalls gave out, one about 100 miles away from the Salt Lake City Rally when traveling to it. Had a tire drop shipped from Tire Rack there. Had a second instance later of similar nature and another drop shipped to another location near my home in WI. I just figured i must have hit something which caused the problem. Last winter the shop I had put my winter set on noticed cracks in both the the Bridgestones not yet replaced.

I stared the conversation with a service rep that handles these types of issues, I guess. It was an extremely frustrating ordeal to get the two remaining tires back to them and to get some consideration. I was the one that had to keep calling. I'm not sure she ever returned a call, it was always me following up. In the end I finally said screw it, bought a replacement set of Good Years from a local shop that I knew would take care of me if there were problems.

If you don't have problems than they are a great buy. The gent I've used to purchase a number of tires, including the replacement Goodyears for my GT that most on the forum find substandard to others, has been great to work with. Ethan always responded quickly and if he didn't know something he'd find out and get back to me. A pleasure to deal with ... when buying.

Unfortunately, when issues arose Ethan wasn't the one who I needed to deal with. The lady I did deal with seemed to view my problems as a pain in her butt, and was not forthcoming or very pleasant to work with for that matter. At the very end, when she was out of the office another gent worked to help me. I will get a few hundred bucks back for two tires with 5/32 left, what Tirerack said was 1/2 the tread left. Even though the two previous tires were replaced with the same failure they didn't do anything for me. Although they said this was a Bridgestone decision, Tirerack didn't offer to go beyond and didn't appear willing to use what I expect to be their considerable leverage for me.

Part of this was something I should've been aware of, that being the manufacture date. Never dawned on me to look. In this case all four that failed were 2007, the two,replacements that I had no problems with were 2010.

I've also learned that Bridgestone has one of the worse reputations for service and a helping response in the industry. Heard this from a gent a Tirerack as well as others.

Bottom line, if no manufacturer problems arise with the product you purchase, it's a good deal. If there is a problem, my experience is that they won't go out do their way to help and its a real pain to even get them to follow up. I look for service after I purchase as well as when I purchase.

You'll probably be ok. For me I'll probably pay a little more to be taken care of as I take care of my customers, clients, tenants, etc.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Does any one use Discount Tire?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

I have in the past, but not for the GT. I tried once to get rear tires from them in the LA area, and they told me they would get them in 2 days - I ordered them, but when the 2 days were up, they said it would be 1-2 weeks as they had to be shipped from the midwest. I canceled the order, drove home, then to Reno the following day and picked them up at the TireRack warehouse where they were in stock.

On the other hand, when in the hill country of Texas after Rally IV, I picked up a screw in one of the rear tires. I went to Discount Tire in Kerrville, and they repaired it for free, as I had recently bought some trailer tires from Discount for my boat trailer. They do provide good service.

Last edited:

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN

I have. Bought both Hoosiers and Bridgestone's there. Take any price you find and they will match or beat (including the effect of sales tax). They also will flip the Hoosier's for you when it's time and balance tires later for free, etc. Always had good service from them. BUT, it's like anywhere else, it's down to the attitude of the people at any particular store - your results may vary and likely will. Tire Rack is awesome, but they don't have a tire machine down the street from me.