Thursday February 16th, 2017

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
There aren't adequate words to describe how incredible the car looks!

Question: in the video of DBK driving into Cars n Coffee there is something blue and yellow showing in the duct in the door under the numeral 2. Is that something added you added to keep Detroit sand and gravel from blasting the door?

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Question: in the video of DBK driving into Cars n Coffee there is something blue and yellow showing in the duct in the door under the numeral 2. Is that something added you added to keep Detroit sand and gravel from blasting the door?
The clear bra guy was on vacation this week. That area where air flows through comes out right along the CF rocker. I used xpel tracwrap (temporary clear bra primarily for track days) all over the inside of that area and then trimmed cardboard pieces to close the hole and blue taped them in place so pebbles wouldn't spray down the rocker. Once I parked, I removed one and Garen Nicoghosian (GT design staff) removed the other. I also put the tracwrap all over the wheel wheels and lower carbon edges, and then put a sign in the car. :lol

tracwrap.jpg

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Is it there yet? Is it there yet?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Jack, that looks like cardboard and blue painters tape to me.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Yes, it's today!

Ed

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
On the topic of clear bra, I would recommend put paint protection film on as much of the car as you can. There are so many areas where air flows through that it's just ripe to get whacked and chipped. And I shudder at the thought of the exposed carbon lowers getting wasted, which they definitely will if you don't clear film them. I would even think about double CF in the keel area. You'll rarely see it but it's such beautiful hardware I shudder to think of it getting pelted at high speed.

The tires are VERY sticky as well. Between the sticky tires and the crazy air movement, just do it immediately rather than waiting. I'd also clear film the carbon sills if you get an optional interior. It's a replaceable component but why bother, just clear bra it from the start.

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The space in the middle gets a new resident.

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Funny how in like every video as soon as the car drops into vMax mode you hear people go "ooooohhh ffuuuuuuck." :lol

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
If you're talking against the wall, you'd better plan on moving out at least a couple of those cars. Door openings are around 30" from side of car to extended tip of the door - somebody told me that.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Backup camera is excellent. Sync works great, Car Play works great .
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah Rex, not the giant empty space in the middle, the one along the wall :lol

PeteK

GT Owner
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, WA
I'd be afraid to drive that thing as much as I drive my '05. Somehow, I don't mind a few nicks and scratches on mine, but maybe because it already has a few.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
People who are ordering the cars know all the details as far as price and available options. that's all that matters. there are no secrets.. it's just a ninja society kind of thing.. :lol

was just wondering curious how much ford charge for tit exhaust vs McLaren options so assume ford wont let any one scan and post their sticker then is that why big secret? maybe some day I can join the ninja society on the 2nd round of GTs

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
alright just a few days away.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Supporting Vendor
Apr 20, 2006
MI
That was fun! First time an 05/06 and a 17+ have been on the road together and they look GREAT! Thank you Mr. Brooks for bringing the machine out! Maybe during the fall we'll switch, I'll bring the 06 and you bring the new one?

Lots of good photographers there so there should be some sweet photos when everyone has a chance to edit.

Thanks DBK, no problem on coming out as it was our pleasure. You made quite the entrance with the NFGT and it was quite the show to see the new car on the streets. Hopefully some of the video my boy took will turn out ok. Will be good to see more video of it moving on the road. A few pics from my view and some others before the drive.

Vmax mode!!! Only while engine is running.

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
was just wondering curious how much ford charge for tit exhaust vs McLaren options so assume ford wont let any one scan and post their sticker then is that why big secret? maybe some day I can join the ninja society on the 2nd round of GTs
Tit exhaust was definitely not on my options list. :lol

I don't really think Ford cares, but I don't think you're gonna find many people in a hurry to post their window stickers. Lots of info on there. And every sticker has the car as configured on it as the background. Nice touch.

At the end of the day, the car is $450k. My feeling is most cars will MSRP between ~$475k and ~$510k. Beyond that, I would just say for a car that is years away from being available, why the big interest?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The clear bra guy was on vacation this week. That area where air flows through comes out right along the CF rocker. I used xpel tracwrap (temporary clear bra primarily for track days) all over the inside of that area and then trimmed cardboard pieces to close the hole and blue taped them in place so pebbles wouldn't spray down the rocker. Once I parked, I removed one and Garen Nicoghosian (GT design staff) removed the other. I also put the tracwrap all over the wheel wheels and lower carbon edges, and then put a sign in the car. :lol

View attachment 45414
funny.. :biggrin

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Dream Garage!!! Awesome!

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
[video=youtube;NswfqpKe14s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NswfqpKe14s[/video]

JohnKeil

Dec 12, 2016
Long Island
Gongrats Dave!

I'll be in Detroit the following week! Maybe I'll see you ripping through town!

In case that doesn't happen, looking forward to seeing pics!

Last edited: