The real most important first mod....

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Have to get a radar detector in place. 12 volt plug is on right side of center console. Doesn't work aesthetically. Opened up upper light console. Four press in fittings (be careful they will try to fall out into the least accessible cracks of the seat when trim is pulled off). Plug into map light...blk on left of plug is ground and I hooked the inside -middle wire to +12 supply. It may be the outside wire-will report soon.First picture shows the FIA roll bar along top of windshield (after just pulling the trim straight out). Photo 2 shows the press in clip just to the right of the light (they do no stay in place when you pull trim out) and #3 shows the ZHE connector (black to the left is ground and middle wire may be 12v on when car is running). A friend insisted on helping me detailing the nfgt ,then I had to do Ol blue with the same treatment. Looks good.

Attachments

• upper3.jpg
    upper3.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 974
  • upper1.jpg
    upper1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 938
  • upper2.jpg
    upper2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 971
  • 2 gts.jpg
    2 gts.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 1,013

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
You just voided your warranty. (LOL)

Howard

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Ol blue still looks good and especially next to the NFGT.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I really think the old blue would look fantastic on the NFGT. Way to go Barry.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What detector and why not direct wire into fuse box?

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
What detector and why not direct wire into fuse box?
map light is right by rear view mirror so no wires hanging anywhere. Turns itself off too like the old GT mirror power tap. Trying passport 360, may switch it out to Valentine.

This one month, June, I had my 100,0000 miles service and a 600 mile break in service!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I just realized your were working on the new one...

Thanks

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
great post! what does the finished product look like?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
This one month, June, I had my 100,0000 miles service and a 600 mile break in service!

140k service due soon. Are you #2 to 100K? Loving your new Blue!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks for sharing . My first mod will be clear Plex on the windshield. I'm not driving the car without it..:biggrin

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Two outside wires on the ZHE connector, not the middle which is powered only when map light is on. Detector turned off within ten minutes.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for sharing . My first mod will be clear Plex on the windshield. I'm not driving the car without it..:biggrin

Made it a thousand miles without any chips. Now filmed, all over (windshield and 40% body). Was not fun watching pebbles bounce off windshield. One or two, maybe three rock chips thru ppf but nothing that 's not hidden with a little bit of permanent marker at 2600 miles. But que sera....

Last edited:

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I quit fooling with these radar detectors and put Waze on my cell phone. You get GPS and people report police positions interactively. You always know where they are. Waze is a free AP and works worldwide. I used it in Italy, Spain and France too.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Only problem with waze is that it isn't real time. Certainly useful but revenue collectors can be in a wide area between when someone marks them and the time you get there.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Best combo: V-1 detector & Waze on your phone!

Ed

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Second mod: Alcantera made my palms sweat, so instead of making the steering wheel alcantera smooth in a few years, trying a liquid blue deerskin wrap. Will see how it goes. Notice my odometer, I'm ready for my 10,000 mile service in 1.5 miles.

Attachments

• wheelwrap.jpg
    wheelwrap.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
10k miles. Very cool. Good use of that car.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Fuzzy dice next?

Ed

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Or a bobblehead.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Second mod: Alcantera made my palms sweat, so instead of making the steering wheel alcantera smooth in a few years, trying a liquid blue deerskin wrap. Will see how it goes. Notice my odometer, I'm ready for my 10,000 mile service in 1.5 miles.

Awesome Barry!! I'm at 1800 fun miles! !