The Next GT School

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
The December dates work best for me; I will be in Hawaii in August.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
There is one other advantage to the December dates.... It will be considerably cooler at the track, for both the cars and the drivers.

Ok, os that's One Vote for December.

Richard Hille
The GT School

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I like December better also.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Happy Holidays

In December I would be interested as well.

Chip

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
I have a sand car and my whole family as well as a large group of us goto Glamis in late December. I need to no if it will be early December?

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
December for me also. Payment sent. Plus some for you know what.:thumbsup

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Happy Feet,

We are talking about December 7th and 8th (Monday and Tuesday). We'll have a group buffet dinner on Sunday night at the School hotel (to be announced). And, if you were not aware, our chief driving instructor is Neil Hannemann, the chief engineer of The Ford GT project and a four time World Challenge Driver's Champion. You just can't find talent like that!

To all the rest of you, thank you for your support. You will have a terrific time.

It is looking very much like December is going to work best for all concerned.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Last edited:

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I came in late to the thread and the August dates work better for me :(

Any chance they would do both? I am interested in doing both days and will try and make the december dates work if I can...

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
PeakCompletions,

If I had the minimum of at least six students both days, we would be happy to do both dates. If you know anyone with a GT that would like to do the Aug/Sept GT School please contact them and we'll see if we can set up both events.

Richard Hille
The GT School

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Sounds good... let me start working on that :biggrin

How many are confirmed for the Dec dates?

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I would sign up for the August/September date - both days!

Last edited:

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
So that's 2 people :biggrin

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
PeakCompletions wrote

"How many are confirmed for the Dec dates?"

Assuming that those responding are planning on both days unless specifically stated, right now I show 6 for December 7th and 5 for December 8th, with one deposit already received. Which indicates that the December dates are pretty much a lock.

And as you just mentioned we now have 2 for both days at the August/Sept. GT School. Lets see what developes and we may just be able to do both. :wink

Richard Hille
The GT School

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Just talked to Donny Mac here on the forum and he wants to book 2 spots for both days.. one for him and one for his son...

So that makes 4 :biggrin .....

Sure I can scratch up another couple :cheers

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Peak Completions,

You're doing a great job! It looks like we have a good shot at doing both GT Schools. I guess I need to order some tires for MY GT.... :thumbsup

All my previous students are aware of the requirements, but I will need to restate them here for the new students:

1. All of the cars will have to be equipped with five or six point racing harnesses for both driver and passenger. (Guys, we ARE traveling at some impressive speeds and I need you and your instructors to be safe. While driving Shelby #18's Twin Turbo GTX1 on the Big Track at the last Gt School I saw an indicated 175 mph on the front straight!!!)

2. All students (and instructors) will need a Snell approved racing helmet, preferably Snell SA2000 or newer. I will allow relatively new Snell approved Motorcycle helmets (MA2000 or newer).

3. Any driver that is not responding to a warning about dangerous driving will be ejected from the school and there are no refunds for being thrown out for dangerous driving. (This has not yet happened)

4. The GT School is specifically designed to improve YOUR personal driving skills. It will make you a safer, faster and more skilled driver, but in order for that to happen it will require you to listen to your instructors. Every student will spend some time with our Chief Instructor, Neil Hannemann.

5. The reason we bought these Ford GTs is to admire them and have FUN with them. The GT School is ALL ABOUT THE FUN PART!!

Richard Hille
The GT School

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
December GT School almost sold out!!

Well gang,

The response has been really excellent. If everyone sends in their deposits we will have only one Streets of Willow position open (The first day of the School Dec. 7th) and two Big Track positions open (second day Dec. 8th).

The positions will be based on - first deposits received get the positions.

We now have four positions open for the August 31st - September 1st GT School and will need to fill at least two of those to have that school happen.

Remember, there are only a maximum of eight students per day. If you are serious about this please mail your $500.00 deposit to:

Hille Racing, Inc.
1496 Brandon Road
Santa Ynez, CA 93460

Thank you for your support,

Richard Hille
The GT School

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Sure I can scratch up another couple :cheers

Load up all your cars. :biggrin

I find the drivers. :thumbsup

Then were a done deal. :cheers:cheers:cheers

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
HAHAHAHA I'm sure you could bud :biggrin

Deposit for August Dates will be sent this week Richard.

Thanks!

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
I'd certainly be interested if you take the show on the road, especially if there is a stop in the midwest.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
GTJim,

Taking the GT School on the road is something we are considering for next year. The difficulties are significant, but we are trying to address them. If we do take the school on the road it will probably be a slightly different format just due to the logistics issues. We keep everyone up-to-date on progress.

Richard Hille
The GT School