The Next GT School

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
I have been contacted by some interested parties regarding when the next GT School will be happening. I am looking at some dates in the beginning of either September or December. Are there any Forum members that would want to join us for the next GT School? The plan is for a two day even with the first day on the Streets of Willow Springs and the second day on The Big Track at Willow. You can sign up for either day or both. We will need a minimum of six participants per day. A $500.00 per day deposit will be required to hold your position in the School. The fees will be $2,000.00 per day with a "get together" dinner both nights before each days events included. There will be food available all day at the track, also included. There will be a student to instructor ratio of two to one. You will get LOTS of track time.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Last edited:

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I'm trying to think of who would be interested.......

Could it be me????- Damn right!:thumbsup

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
So ... what does the curriculum include?

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
GTJim,

The instruction is very personalized. Due to the various driving experiences of our students we provide specific training based on what you are looking for and what you and your vehicle's capabilities are. For instance, Rick (Shelby #18) has been to two of our previous GT Schools and has brought both his supercharged and his twin turbo GTX1's to them. His instruction would be very different when compared to a stock Ford GT driver with zero previous track time. Our head instructor is Neil Hannemann, the chief engineer of the Ford GT project and a four time World Challenge Driver's Champion. So much for "If you can't do, teach." All of our instructors are top notch competition drivers with many years experience.

In a nutshell, you will get all the track time and instruction you could possibly desire. You WILL leave a far better, faster and SAFER driver than when you arrived.

Richard Hille
The GT School
Hille Racing, Inc.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Rick,

Thanks for your enthusiasm. I will keep you up-to-date on dates to be sure you are available for this next GT School.

Richard Hille
The GT School

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Where is the GT school held?
Thanks

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
jaxgt,

We are currently holding the GT School at Willow Springs International Raceway, near Edwards Air Force Base in California. We hope to be able to take the GT School "on the road" next year with a possible loop around the United States if we find enough interest, and appropriate race track venues.

Richard Hille
The GT School

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Thanks. Living in the SE (Florida) makes it a little too far to ship my GT and attend.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
The Track Guys do a high performance driving school for two days for about $350.00 They move around the country to different tracks all year long. I've been to two of them and think they are fine. For $2000 a day maybe you get to drive a Bugati or something? Is it a drifting school too?

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
I'm interested, pls advise dates when available.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
BM ScCal,

I will contact you when I have some available dates. These are going to be during the week as the weekends are always booked LONG ago... Thanks for your interest.

Richard Hille
The GT School

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I am interested. Are two days required or just recommended? Could one come for one day?

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
PHXGT,

You can sign up for either or both days. If you do not have any significant racing/high performance driving experience I would recommend that you sign up for the first day or both days. If you sign up for just the second day you could be a bit overwhelmed running up to 150 mph just before braking for a significant left turn at the end of the front straight. (Or in the case of Shelby #18's Twin Turbo GTX1, 175 MPH.....)

The first day is on a somewhat lower speed track with concentration car control and cornering at the limit on a skidpad. This gives you an excellent background for higher speed training which is on the very high speed "Big Track" on the second day. By limiting classes to a maximum of eight students, with four instructors, you get all the track time and all the personalized instruction you could possibly want.

Richard Hille
The GT School

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Hi Rich,

I may be interested for both days depending on the dates selected; I had lots of fun & learned a lot in the last School driving event! :banana
Please keep me posted with the dates. thanks!

Gaby

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Gaby,

Thanks for your continued enthusiasm. I believe that we'll have three or more past students signing up again. I should have some date options to throw out by next week.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Happy Feet

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 9, 2009
Pasadena, Ca
I may be interested for both days depending on the dates selected as well keep me informed. Question about spending the night in that area. Can we bring are RV's and if so is there RV parking or is everyone bunking in a near by hotel?

Chuck

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Will there be a tire purchase option? I believe they had this option last time.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Happy Feet (Chuck) & dbackg,

We generally have all stayed at the same hotel in Lancaster, CA. I am always looking for a newer/nicer hotel and there is at least one that should open soon. I'll keep everyone up-to-date on those developments.

That said, you CAN bring an RV and stay at the track the evening(s) before the event(s). We DO have a buffet dinner, at the event hotel, both evenings before the two days schools.

Also - Yes I will be offering to registered students a package deal of Four original BBS factory six spoke cast aluminum Ford GT wheels mounted with Hoosier R6 DOT cheater slicks (two grooves and LOTS of sticky rubber) for $3,500.00 These tires really improve the track (and street) performance of the GT. Until this past March's two day GT School, Neil had consistently sold the Hoosiers right off my car to one of our students. I finally got a chance to really enjoy driving with the Hoosiers and taking many people for rides around The Streets of Willow and the "Big Track" at that school.

I am going to try and nail down some dates today if I can get some details resolved.

Richard Hille
The GT School

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
transportation?

Do you have any leads on transporting my FGT to CA from southeast?? And how do we guys here in southeast encourage you to come to this neck of the woods? The new Barber track outside Birmingham would be nice.

REDEEMED

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Answers and Potential Dates

REDEEMED,

I have always been told that Passport Transport does a good job with enclosed trailers.

I have established a couple of potential dates for the school. The choice will be driven by Student availability - First suggestion - August 31st and September 1st, second suggestion - December 7th and 8th. We would be arriving at the GT School hotel on the Sunday evening before the Monday Streets of Willow Class. Please let me know if either of these dates work for those interested in joining us. As before, although I don't expect this to be an issue, we will need a minimum of six students each day to make this school possible and I am sticking with a maximum of eight students for now. Those who wish to enter the GT School will need to mail me a $500.00 deposit made out to Hille Racing, Inc. to lock in your position. The mailing address is :

Hille Racing, Inc.
1496 Brandon Road
Santa Ynez, CA 93460

As to taking the The GT School on the road, we are seriously looking into that possibility, but there are numerous logistical issues that need to be addressed, all of which seem to add to the cost of running the school.

We'll see what we can work out. It may just be that we'll need to bump the student level up to ten or twelve and then have five or six instructors at the out-of-town venues.

Richard Hille
The GT School