Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Understatement Dave.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Very interesting that they felt there was such a difference between the base and the R model, especially preferring the R for daily driving.

I also saw on FB where Randy Pobst who drove the Shelbys last week said he preferred the GT350R over a Cayman GT4. I was very surprised to hear that.

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
^where did he say that? Couldn't find a post or comment.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Probably the difference in weight of the cf wheels. And perhaps magnaride if the base car was not equipped with it.

Very interesting that they felt there was such a difference between the base and the R model, especially preferring the R for daily driving.t.

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
His personal Facebook page
Someone asked "GT350R or GT4?"
Randy replied "R. GT4 understeers too much, and stability control cannot be fully switched off. Good idea for many. I am annoyed."

^where did he say that? Couldn't find a post or comment.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Has anybody actually received a 2016 GT350 or "R" version? I'd like to hear about it and what the ADM's are right now. I've been quoted $10K over on the standard and $20K over for the "R".

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
They still haven't been released yet. Hopefully they'll be out in a couple weeks.

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
Has anybody actually received a 2016 GT350 or "R" version? I'd like to hear about it and what the ADM's are right now. I've been quoted $10K over on the standard and $20K over for the "R".

I am getting quoted the same numbers, I am looking for an R, but it looks like I will need to wait 6 months until the ADM goes away.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
They still haven't been released yet. Hopefully they'll be out in a couple weeks.

I thought you'd be the first in line to get your "Angry Panda", so if it's a couple more weeks, I guess there aren't any actually available yet. Thanks for your reply.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I am getting quoted the same numbers, I am looking for an R, but it looks like I will need to wait 6 months until the ADM goes away.

Welcome to "my world".

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
Welcome to "my world".

I think we are lucky to have such "high class problems" :wink

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Hope I can get an R at list before the end of next April - I'd love to take it to Big Bend and run the 140/165 class

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I have been in contact with Brandon Ford in Tampa, Fl. I believe they are the biggest Mustang retailer in the country. They have an allocation of 6 "R" models and want $20K over MSRP. I was told that three of the six have been paid for in full already. I can't imagine people paying in full for a car not even built much less on the way. Is it true they won't build the "R" from November thru February because of the summer time tires? Sounds like a McDonalds hot coffee spill paranoia.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Sounds like a McDonalds hot coffee spill paranoia.

What does this come from, some joke? Doesn't make sense to me. Sorry, curious minds must know.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
What does this come from, some joke? Doesn't make sense to me. Sorry, curious minds must know.

Alluding to liability. For example, coffee is hot, so don't spill it on your lap (Google the McDonalds case...although IMO McDonalds coffee is...or was...indeed way too hot). Summer tires (and especially road legal track tires) don't stick in winter. Standing a step ladder on a pile of frozen horseshit is not a good idea when you are up there and the horseshit thaws. Etc. Etc.

Last edited:

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't believe in frivolous lawsuits but there is more to this story than meets the eye. I was one who used to joke about this too, until I took a law class. As Paul Harvey used to say, "... and that's the rest of the story."

https://www.ttla.com/index.cfm?pg=McDonaldsCoffeeCaseFacts

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
So if you buy a car that's only sold in the summer does that mean you won't ever drive it in the winter? Or do the tires wear out so fast that by winter you'll have to buy tires & then it's your responsibility? I bet they make & sell them all year round.

Ed