GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Was at my local dealership, and the Sales Manager was about to call me to say that Ford held a lottery for the 350R, and that they were not going to get one. Bummer!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2016 Shelby GT350 vs Dodge Hellcat vs Camaro Z28

The guy that does these has done it again. Note, in keeping with the G rated nature, there are a few swears so I won't post the video but a link to the video If you happen to be offended you opened the door :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nne3raZkUHw&list=UUr96aazrdE3yrBrJBeoTh-w

And don't tell me that "if you put firecrackers up an elephant's a** the elephant will run fast but it still can't stop or turn" isn't funny.

Definitely funny! HOWEVER...

I did find it interesting, while reading the new issue of Road and Track, that the Hellcat Challenger turned in a faster time on their track than some noteworthy competitors, such as a 2014 Porsche Cayman S, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2015 BMW M4, and 2012 Boss 302. AS HAS BEEN MENTIONED NUMEROUS TIMES, no serious trackster is going to buy a Hellcat for prowess at the track, and it certainly isn't going to compete with the GT350 around the curves, but hey- it must not be THAT lumbering of a car!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
This is the one I was referring to. Sounds just plain nasty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3IX0jK1lew

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Rumor is that the dual clutch multi-gear transmission will be put into it in a year or so. If you like manual shifting and do not track it, opt for the current car (GT 350); if you plan to track it and row the gears, get the current model (GT-350R); if you want to be fastest on the track, wait for the dual clutch model.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Are they? They are for sure not one piece, but I have had it in my head that a true 2 piece rotor would come apart and the hat could be reused, and the friction surface could be replaced. Perhaps I should be updating my thoughts, if indeed they are considered 2 piece.
Andy, I am not sure to which post your “Are they?” is directed, mine or Gary’s??

Gary is correct (as is your definition of a 2-piece brake rotor), the rotors (at least front) are two piece meaning you can disassemble the friction surface rotor on which the pads wear from the “hat” which is attached to the front spindle through the five wheel studs. The outer steel rotor can be removed from the hat and either resurfaced to remove warpage, gouging, etc. or replaced with a new ring while the original hat retained.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
CJ428
That car is awesome. You are very fortunate to acquire one. Congrats.

Bonehead
It's called Lightning Blue. New color for 2017 along with the Grabber Blue and Ruby Red. Discontinued for 2017 are Deep Impact Blue and Competition Orange.
Thanks, Rick

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Bummed about Competition Orange. That should have been an R exclusive color.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ Predicting future legends is an odd business. Generally, the predictor is dead before being proven right or wrong.

That said, let me know when you are ready to order one. We'll order two.

Last edited:

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Red calipers are standard on the GT350R.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Buy the GT350 and play with it till the GT350R gets reasonable. Start making memories now and dream later! These are wonderful cars. I drove mine at 170 mph in BBORR on Saturday and my wife took it grocery shopping on Monday. Hard to beat that!!!

Attachments

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That said, let me know when you are ready to order one. We'll order two.
You got it.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The pig is appropriate.
:lol

I can't find any sane deal on an R right now. I'm going to employ my FGT strategy and wait until the end of the production run.

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Bummed about Competition Orange. That should have been an R exclusive color.
It's not the best orange. I mean it's fine, and I think an orange R with a black roof would have been awesome, but we have a Lime Rock M3 here, and it makes Competition Orange look pretty milky.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The white doesn't look Wimbledon White. :(

Maybe it's just the photos? Yeah, some cheesy black plastic on the front. That can be dealt with. Will they go for MSRP?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Red calipers are standard on the GT350R.
Red is a popular color, isn't it, Frank? :lol

Fast, too....

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
[video=youtube;CMes-Ne3ocY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMes-Ne3ocY[/video]

[video=youtube;o6aO-i3V1Ow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6aO-i3V1Ow[/video]

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Yep, they should have started with the 60's palate. Grabber orange.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
flat plane Ranger :wink

Attachments