The New Mustang GTD

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Compare to the typical OEM Mustang front and rear suspension. The GTD is a Mustang in name only.
Screenshot 2023-08-18 162644.png
Screenshot 2023-08-18 162527.png

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It's going to be interesting to see what the GTD unibody looks like after it's given the Multimatic treatment. The GTD is unlike any Mustang platform that's ever existed before.

Reactions: Special K

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Cant thank everyone enough for allowing Vickie and myself to attend. Thanks a ton DBK!!!!!

GTD.jpgGTD1.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Congratulations FordGTForum Family, thank you DBK and Chip,

and thank you Jim Farley and Ford Motor Company and Multimatic special teams for executing the dream.

I love that Ford shared all the dissected special components at the event.

Here are a few more photos of the magic that I hope everyone will enjoy.

GTDdebut-3878.jpgGTDdebut-3881.jpgGTDdebut-3884.jpgGTDdebut-3889.jpg

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Great images as always.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I was wondering, if I was lucky enough to be selected if it would make it in my driveway, ie does it have a front lift ... and this vid makes it look like it does:

Reactions: canibl

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I heard that it does indeed have front lift.

Reactions: Sinovac and extrap

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Randy - your pics are the best!

Kudos to Ford for having the balls to do this kind of program. It's one thing to build a race car and quite another to build a street-legal race car! All the safety requirements - door beams, bumper beams, airbags, etc add weight.... as does AC. Let's hope AC-delete is an option for the really hard-core guys who may really track this beast. Perhaps one of biggest challenges of this "street-legal" aspect is the required emissions components. Having to employ a supercharger to achieve the desired HP in an emissions-compliant way is (IMO) is the most concerning of the necessary evils but I'm sure the Ford & MM Engineers still have a few aces up their sleeve.

Reactions: Apollo

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Randy - your pics are the best!

Kudos to Ford for having the balls to do this kind of program. It's one thing to build a race car and quite another to build a street-legal race car! All the safety requirements - door beams, bumper beams, airbags, etc add weight.... as does AC. Let's hope AC-delete is an option for the really hard-core guys who may really track this beast. Perhaps one of biggest challenges of this "street-legal" aspect is the required emissions components. Having to employ a supercharger to achieve the desired HP in an emissions-compliant way is (IMO) is the most concerning of the necessary evils but I'm sure the Ford & MM Engineers still have a few aces up their sleeve.

Interesting observation.

Could it be due to Fords commitment
to build EV's in mass quantities
(Supposed zero emission vehicles) there is a trade off allowing them to build a forced induction/high horsepower vehicle now and then with lessened emissions requirements?
Build more of what government wants (not the people) for the most part, and we'll cut you some slack.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Acquiring and keeping my 05 and 19 GT I thought I would not desire or need another “supercar “.
Ford did it again! This car is beautiful, awesome, and not electric! I want one! Here we go again with the application process!!! I need a Xanax!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
If there is another Lemans trip, sign me up! Last one was an experience of a lifetime!!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Ford does it again. Congrats everyone!

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
Have an 05 FGT ( original owner), On the hunt for 2020+ FGT, and now this is in the plans... nicely done Ford

Reactions: canibl

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Could it be due to Fords commitment
to build EV's in mass quantities
(Supposed zero emission vehicles) there is a trade off allowing them to build a forced induction/high horsepower vehicle now and then with lessened emissions requirements?
Maybe you are confusing emissions with CAFE (corporate avg fuel economy) - but EACH vehicle much meet emissions standards. That said, making at 800HP NA engine that is also emissions compliant is a very tall order. Hence the use of forced induction. Likely many decisions in the back room between turbos and/or SC, but SC's do offer superior low-end (pull me around this corner) power and Ford likely has more experience using them than any other manufacturer. Yes, GM has been using them in (hobbyist) track-driven vettes for the last several years... but many of us know how challenging it has been to keep temps under control for anything longer than a few laps in 90F+ ambient temps.

Respecting DBK's creation of a dedicated forum, I think we can move continued discussion over there!

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
PM Ford is ready and super excited! Working on some cool ideas for this run. 😉View attachment 68394View attachment 68395
Is Kevin going to be doing deliveries again? Lol ;)
C'est le début....Will there be a Lemans trip this summer?

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
325 mm wide front tire is just bonkers..🙃

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
“Our idea behind this car was, let’s take a race car and not change anything for the street,” said Farley. “In fact, let’s add some stuff that’s outlawed in racing, for the street."

View attachment 68390
Ford rules ! Others drool!

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
just waiting on the announcement of applications :)

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
just waiting on the announcement of applications :)
Probably the least thing on their minds right now with the ongoing strike taking market share every day.