The Final Countdown

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
No just a resident.
Ah, I thought maybe you were the 2nd new NGT owner I know of.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
A special BMW yellow today. It's almost impossible to capture this color!

JP1.jpg
JP2.jpg

JP3.jpg

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
The photographer has talent. Love the pics!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
You really can't see the blue highlights unless close up. Thanks for the pics Dave. OR, is this some Jedi mind trick using blue lighting?
Blue and silver….yup America’s team 😂

Reactions: steved57

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2022
Suburban Detroit
A special BMW yellow today. It's almost impossible to capture this color!

View attachment 67689
View attachment 67690

View attachment 67691
Thank you to the entire Ford GT Product Development Team, Multimatic, dbk and Milliken Ford for making this car and our delivery an amazing experience! I'm absolutely humbled to be an owner of such an amazing work of technical and aesthetic art!
Can't wait to get "Austin" PPF'd and on the road to share with enthusiasts and the public.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
Thank you to the entire Ford GT Product Development Team, Multimatic, dbk and Milliken Ford for making this car and our delivery an amazing experience! I'm absolutely humbled to be an owner of such an amazing work of technical and aesthetic art!
Can't wait to get "Austin" PPF'd and on the road to share with enthusiasts and the public.

Thank you for sharing the car on Instagram. Will you have an account that some of us can follow? And out of curiosity, when you got the sample back from MM, did you have an Austin Yellow BMW to compare the sample to (to see how spot on it is). Just curious how that process went. Thanks so much and enjoy it with good health. 👍

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I love that color. Almost gold like! Beautiful.

Ed

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2022
Suburban Detroit
Thank you for sharing the car on Instagram. Will you have an account that some of us can follow? And out of curiosity, when you got the sample back from MM, did you have an Austin Yellow BMW to compare the sample to (to see how spot on it is). Just curious how that process went. Thanks so much and enjoy it with good health. 👍
This car may just be the impetus that has me create an Insta account!
Regarding the Austin Yellow journey, I first bought an aerosol touch up kit that I painted small test metal panels used in the industry to test the color prior to submitting my color request to MM.
The first submission was not correct and had me a bit nervous because I needed to finalize my order quickly. I had a few more submissions created and was able to compare those to the samples I sprayed as well as official samples in an automotive refinishing book. I've yet to compare the final sample to an AY car on the road, but would suggest that the color is within allowable OEM color variance for panel matching in the production plant.
The original AY color looks great, but seeing it on the NFGT... I'm still in awe. The color really comes to life in sun light!

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2022
Suburban Detroit
I love that color. Almost gold like! Beautiful.

Ed
Thank you! I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I personally find it striking. It's hard for me to take my eyes off of it.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Big congrats on a beautifully specked NGT. Love the color. Amazing. Enjoy it in good health and don't forget the eggs!!! ;)

Reactions: 006

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Wow. This must be one of my top favorite Specks ever. Bravo. Love it.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
This car may just be the impetus that has me create an Insta account!
Regarding the Austin Yellow journey, I first bought an aerosol touch up kit that I painted small test metal panels used in the industry to test the color prior to submitting my color request to MM.
The first submission was not correct and had me a bit nervous because I needed to finalize my order quickly. I had a few more submissions created and was able to compare those to the samples I sprayed as well as official samples in an automotive refinishing book. I've yet to compare the final sample to an AY car on the road, but would suggest that the color is within allowable OEM color variance for panel matching in the production plant.
The original AY color looks great, but seeing it on the NFGT... I'm still in awe. The color really comes to life in sun light!

Very very cool. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to see the color on a beautiful sunny day. I'm sure it's going to look INCREDIBLE!!

Hootie Kovach

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2023
Eastern Pa.
Love that color on that car…. Good job

Hootie Kovach

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2023
Eastern Pa.
Just a latest update on the final builds, deliveries.
Through my contacts, as of Friday, March 10, 2023 there are only 4 cars remaining at the plant in Multimatic, Canada. Three are ready to go, shipping out for delivery on Monday, 3/13/2023. The last one is in for final inspection this week and should be leaving the end on the week or early part of next.
Not much of anything to see anymore in terms of the production area.
The end is SOOooo near. Just thought inquiring minds would like to know.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
All good things come to an end. Sad to see though. It will likely be a very long time before we see another car like this with a blue oval on the front.

PilotMarky

Ford GT Team Alumni
Dec 11, 2018
BTW, are the later cars coming with Sync 4 or 4A? Or are we all on Sync 3?
Our 2022 is still the same Sync 3.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thanks.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Gorgeous color!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Couldn’t sleep last night, so instead of counting sheep, I counted how many different editions were released for the new GT:
Base
66 Heritage
Lightweight
67 Heritage
Carbon
Mk II
68 Heritage
69 Heritage
Ken Miles
Liquid Carbon
Studio Collection
‘64 Prototype
Alan Mann
Holman Moody
GTLM
MK IV

This excludes 1 off liveries like the 3 red white and blue GTs, and Raj’s. I didn’t realize there were so many. Did I miss any?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
That's pretty cool. Easy to get a unique one. Just think how that compares to the 05/6 when there were ... 2 ... regular and Heritage :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Special K