The Bronco Thread

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Gary - what day did you make your reservation?

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I don't speak for Ford but I have been following the Bronco soap opera in entirely too much detail. It's OK if you want to believe what your dealer told you - happens all of the time. I can only assure you that no allocation commitments have been made and if someone tells you differently you are being LIED to. Second, if anyone told you that Granger's allocation is 21 - they have also LIED to you.

You can confirm/verify everything that I have said on Bronco forum..... but you have to wade through a lot.

Here's the post from the OWNER of Granger Ford from back in October that explains the $2000 under invoice deal and why it was offered.

Bronco Forum
I called Granger and spoke to Carl and explained my situation. He said their initial allocation was very small but it has been increased significantly since then. Real answers in late April or May. BTW, is it a certainty that the auto tranny new Bronco can be towed wheels down. I previously owned a couple FJ Crusiers and they couldn't

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Gary - what day did you make your reservation?
Tried on the 13th, got thru on the 14th.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Tried on the 13th, got thru on the 14th.

Yeah, same as me. In theory you should be in decent shape to get a Bronco in 2021 - the biggest risk is supply constraints on one or more of the options you may choose.

I called Granger and spoke to Carl and explained my situation. He said their initial allocation was very small but it has been increased significantly since then.

Not sure who Carl is. The Bronco team at Granger is comprised of the following individuals. Zach (Owner), Albert, Brandon, Amanda, & Jaime

As I said - there has been NO allocations made so the statement that "their initial allocation was very small but it has been increased significantly since then" is non-sensical. The only thing that ALL dealerships have received is an ESTIMATED allocation that is based on Ford's seemingly high (75%) reservation to order conversion rate. As I said previously, numerous dealerships have said that their estimated allocation was roughly 30% of the reservation that they held. If reservation to order conversion rate is lower than Ford's estimate, then everyone's estimated allocation will go up. This reservation to order conversion starts today with the order banks open and will continue through end of April..... at which time the conversion rate will be known and allocations can finally be made and communicated.

Interestingly, Ford has made clear that no dealership will receive an allocation that is greater than their number of converted orders ((for model year 2021.) This means NO retail sales for this calendar year. (What the dealership is supposed to do with orders which are made but not consummated when delivered is unclear.)

The post linked below attempts to clarify the situation - ironically another post by the owner of Granger.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/when-will-i-get-my-bronco-granger-ford.11166/

Gary, I am not trying to be argumentative with you. To the contrary, my intent was to point out that there are deals out there. Ford is giving reservation holders like yourself until the end of January to move their reservation to another dealership. The timestamp of your reservation is held even when you elect to move it - and it is the main factor in determining when you will get your Bronco. You cannot move your reservation more than once, and you cannot move it after Jan 31.

In your case (like many others), you can stay with your current dealership at whatever pricing you have agreed and hopefully with no compulsory add-ons. Likely. this is the most convenient option. The other option is to move your reservation to Granger where the pricing is Invoice less $1000 and another $300 discount if you have an x-plan PIN. NO compulsory add-ons. Of course, while this option is likely a better price point, you have the inconvenience of either picking the Bronco up at Granger or arranging to have it shipped.

This is the basis of your decision criteria - choose what works best for you. Just don't let a dealership get away with BS'g you with things that are not true.

Reactions: Gary

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Okay, ill ask the dumb question: what is an X-plan PIN?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Google "Ford X-Plan". The PIN is simply your ID number which is tied back to your name.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Google "Ford X-Plan". The PIN is simply your ID number which is tied back to your name.

That is for Employees and family members, correct?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
One lucky guy already got a 2021 Bronco:

"Florida car dealer mistakenly sells man a Ford Bronco display model, demands its return"

https://www.abcactionnews.com/money...-ford-bronco-display-model-demands-its-return

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Yeah, same as me. In theory you should be in decent shape to get a Bronco in 2021 - the biggest risk is supply constraints on one or more of the options you may choose.

Not sure who Carl is. The Bronco team at Granger is comprised of the following individuals. Zach (Owner), Albert, Brandon, Amanda, & Jaime

As I said - there has been NO allocations made so the statement that "their initial allocation was very small but it has been increased significantly since then" is non-sensical. The only thing that ALL dealerships have received is an ESTIMATED allocation that is based on Ford's seemingly high (75%) reservation to order conversion rate. As I said previously, numerous dealerships have said that their estimated allocation was roughly 30% of the reservation that they held. If reservation to order conversion rate is lower than Ford's estimate, then everyone's estimated allocation will go up. This reservation to order conversion starts today with the order banks open and will continue through end of April..... at which time the conversion rate will be known and allocations can finally be made and communicated.

Interestingly, Ford has made clear that no dealership will receive an allocation that is greater than their number of converted orders ((for model year 2021.) This means NO retail sales for this calendar year. (What the dealership is supposed to do with orders which are made but not consummated when delivered is unclear.)

The post linked below attempts to clarify the situation - ironically another post by the owner of Granger.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/when-will-i-get-my-bronco-granger-ford.11166/

Gary, I am not trying to be argumentative with you. To the contrary, my intent was to point out that there are deals out there. Ford is giving reservation holders like yourself until the end of January to move their reservation to another dealership. The timestamp of your reservation is held even when you elect to move it - and it is the main factor in determining when you will get your Bronco. You cannot move your reservation more than once, and you cannot move it after Jan 31.

In your case (like many others), you can stay with your current dealership at whatever pricing you have agreed and hopefully with no compulsory add-ons. Likely. this is the most convenient option. The other option is to move your reservation to Granger where the pricing is Invoice less $1000 and another $300 discount if you have an x-plan PIN. NO compulsory add-ons. Of course, while this option is likely a better price point, you have the inconvenience of either picking the Bronco up at Granger or arranging to have it shipped.

This is the basis of your decision criteria - choose what works best for you. Just don't let a dealership get away with BS'g you with things that are not true.
Albert not Carl

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
One lucky guy already got a 2021 Bronco:

Fun story.... but that's a Bronco Sport.... a "Bronco" in namesake only and definitely not near the demand as "The Bronco". :)

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Albert not Carl

Yeah, Albert's "the man" when it comes to Broncos! Best of luck to you to get one!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
You can get an X plan pin through the Mustang club of America. The annual membership is $25, so it can save you a couple of bucks.

Reactions: 68Rcodeman and 2112

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
You can get an X plan pin through the Mustang club of America. The annual membership is $25, so it can save you a couple of bucks.
Bronco is not eligible for X-Plan Benefits for the 21MY.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Too funny. Your dealer rep is an idiot. There's no doubt that Granger is almost universally disliked by other dealers and so there is a tendency to spread FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt.) What your dealer told you about Granger is wrong. No dealer has ANY allocation yet. What Ford communicated to dealers was an initial estimate of what their allocations may be. Almost all dealers received an estimated allocation that was approximately 1/3 the number of reservations they are holding.... which puts Granger at approximately 300 assuming their number of reservations is 1,000.

Ford has publicly conveyed their formula for determining allocations. From memory, the weighting is something like;
50% based on number of reservations
25% based on competitive (read Wrangler) sales in dealership's region
25% based on dealership's previous Ford volume in sales

Using this formula (and based on 1,000 held reservations), the worst-case allocation scenario would be something less that 300 - but certainly more than 150.

When this formula was announced at the end of September, 2020..... Granger did something completely unexpected. (You can read/verify this as Granger did it very publicly - which is another reason they are disliked in the dealer ranks.) For the entire month of October, ALL bronco reservations received by Granger were 2,000 UNDER invoice. The idea here is that orders in October were likely not going to be fulfilled until 2022. For some, this timing was better but overall it drove the number of reservations they were receiving WAY UP. This was the only component of the formula above that they could control in real time.

In summary, about what your dealership has told you....

1. NO allocations have been made. (Allocations will be made AFTER the order window closes at the end of March.)
2. Your dealer told you that their allocation ESTIMATE is 44.... which would mean that they likely are holding ~130 reservations
3. For a variety of reasons, Granger has not publicly stated the number of reservations they are holding.... but it is speculated that this number may be between 2,000 to 3,000.
4. Like virtually ALL dealership, Granger's ESTIMATED allocation is ~30% of all reservations, something that Granger HAS confirmed.

One of the largest factors in determining when anyone will get their Bronco is going to be based on production constraints for certain options/configurations. Ford has publicly stated that the following options *could* become constrained.

2.7L Engine Option
Sasquatch Package
Painted Modular Top
Black Interior option on FE models
Both of you are wrong. Dealers have been given their estimated 21MY allocation however, they could earn additional allocation.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Now please, I’m going to say this preemptively: do not argue with B. West about this topic.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I checked with my dealer and fortunately I’m #2 in line behind the owner on their allocation list. My dealer is slated to receive 41 units this year.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Now please, I’m going to say this preemptively: do not argue with B. West about this topic.

Can't argue when he confirms exactly what I said - dealers have only an ESTIMATED allocation and yes, depending on dealer's performance in reservation to order conversion, the actual allocation could be higher than estimated.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Yeah, Albert's "the man" when it comes to Broncos! Best of luck to you to get one!
Should know something definite in March.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Both of you are wrong. Dealers have been given their estimated 21MY allocation however, they could earn additional allocation.
That is exactly what my dealer told me.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I have a hunch some lawyers will be involved before all this plays out.