texas mile

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I am all for it Big Dog. I believe the GT had the highest crush weight ever tested. Let me finish up the details with the SAI people and we'll see who wants to do SSC and show up as a gang.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Texas Mile - I won't be back.. been there done that and it was bad... the conditions are really really bad...

I now have a complete set of inner and belly body panels after that event due to the rock damage... one for racing and one for the street.

Big Bend Road race in West Texas is pretty cool and safe. Classes all the way up to 200 mph. I think it is close to a 40 mile course each way with the sherrif's department closing down all cross roads... big open spaces :biggrin

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Silver State

Dave, when you have some information, I will be happy to coordinate with the organizers of the Silver State. If we can get a waiver to the faster classes, all would be great.:banana:banana

Let me know what I can do to help.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Texas Mile - I won't be back.. been there done that and it was bad... the conditions are really really bad...

I now have a complete set of inner and belly body panels after that event due to the rock damage... one for racing and one for the street.

Big Bend Road race in West Texas is pretty cool and safe. Classes all the way up to 200 mph. I think it is close to a 40 mile course each way with the sherrif's department closing down all cross roads... big open spaces :biggrin

That surprises me. I've been to The Mile twice and have a total of 10 high speed passes there. I have no damage and my belly pans look like new. Of course there is always the possibility of rock damage so I recommend painters tape on your rocker panels and intake scoops, but that seems to be all that is needed.

Are you sure the pan damage wasn't done when your car spun off the track? The video shows lots of grass and dirt flying high in the air.

It could also be the extra 30 mph you had on me!:lol

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Are there any events like this in Calif. I see Motor Trend has been able to get runs in at Lemoore in Nor Cal. There are plenty of closed bases in Calif:

San Bernardino- Norton , Riverside- March, Victorville ( name escapes me), El Toro, ( but the conditions looked pretty bad). Any one know how long the runways are at the smaller Airports. Might be easier to rent for a few hours.

What was the entry fee at the Texas mile?

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
That surprises me. I've been to The Mile twice and have a total of 10 high speed passes there. I have no damage and my belly pans look like new. Of course there is always the possibility of rock damage so I recommend painters tape on your rocker panels and intake scoops, but that seems to be all that is needed.

Are you sure the pan damage wasn't done when your car spun off the track? The video shows lots of grass and dirt flying high in the air.

It could also be the extra 30 mph you had on me!:lol

TEXAS GT - well thats good cuz i don't need to trash my viper. but i guess thats why i always take my viper somewhere 1st before i take my GT. i did the 2006 and 2007 Silver State Classic in my viper and ran in the 150 mph class. there was no debris in the road at all unlike the Bonneville 100 where i hit 3 birds at 150 mph :eek

i will be doin the Silver State Classic in 2009 with my GT. if they let me go faster than the 150 mph class i would, but i think the transaxle would get way overheated even with a transaxle cooler. i would put in one step thicker synthetic gear oil for this event and have a transaxle cooler made that was double the size of the current ones on the market for this race. 90 miles at speeds greater than an average speed of 150 mph are extremely hard on gears and tires. been there done that :thumbsup

Last edited: