texas mile

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
they announced the dates for the Texas mile its March 29th-30th.You can go to www.texasmile.com to registar .whos game, im in:cheers

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I'll at least come to watch. Someone told me that the track had rocks and gravel on it that will ding your paint. Last year I think the Texas Cobra cruise conflicted with this. I'll check on it. A certain aggie blew my doors off with his whippled car.

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
texas cobra cruise

where is this at and when ..Might swap around

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
It is in and around Austin. Last year about 25-30 cobra replicas, daytona replicas and two Ford GTs cruised around the hill country. 427Aggie is in the club. I'll pm him to see if they have dates yet.

Here is a link to story and photos from last year. The restaurant with the Lake View is the Oasis.

http://www.kitcarmag.com/eventcoverage/0707kc_texas_cobra_club_meet/index.html

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Bring tape. Lots of it. I had two friends run last year who said they wouldn't be going back because of the volume of rocks on the surface.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Seems like they would be able to use a street sweeper or something to remove these rocks..... :confused

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Seems like they would be able to use a street sweeper or something to remove these rocks..... :confused

I guess that would cost the Organizers money. DOH!!

How about jacking the entry fee $5 to hire the sweeper?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i will be racing my viper there this year. i think i can hit 190 mph in the mile. i hope to see some of you out there :cheers

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
thanks for the heads up.I may go down and inspect track in couple of weeks will advise..

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Matt (427Aggie) got back with me about the cobra meet. It is March 27-30. I guess I'll try for the Texas Mile in the fall. If you haven't done it yet click the link on my last post and check out the pictures. This is pretty much the run we did last month around Lake Travis. I'm ready to do it again.

This is also the route many car mags use when they come down here for road tests. We are running Lime Creek road this weekend.

This road was quoted in Muscel Mustangs a few years back. It has ten pairs of 90 degree turns and big elevation changes.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If you want to go fast, consider the Silver State Classic too. Sustained speeds, not just in it then out in a straight line. I think the Vegas area one is around September 18t. I know lgaruti always does it and his 90 mile average is somewhere around 155-165mph. :eek

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
lime creek road

It is in and around Austin. Last year about 25-30 cobra replicas, daytona replicas and two Ford GTs cruised around the hill country. 427Aggie is in the club. I'll pm him to see if they have dates yet.

Here is a link to story and photos from last year. The restaurant with the Lake View is the Oasis.

http://www.kitcarmag.com/eventcoverage/0707kc_texas_cobra_club_meet/index.html

Ive ridden my harley down this road several times ..Keep me up to speed on whats happening and I will swing out that way(Im in h-town) The weather has been really shitty since I got back from Florida last week...

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
If you want to go fast, consider the Silver State Classic too. Sustained speeds, not just in it then out in a straight line. I think the Vegas area one is around September 18t. I know lgaruti always does it and his 90 mile average is somewhere around 155-165mph. :eek

Does it look like Rally III will be close to the 18th so we can do both?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes. I don't want to make the outright guarantee, but I'm planning on doing SSC, hanging out preparing for the week, and then running RIII. That would be a hell of a week.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Yes. I don't want to make the outright guarantee, but I'm planning on doing SSC, hanging out preparing for the week, and then running RIII. That would be a hell of a week.

SSSSSSWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:banana:banana:banana

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX

That is killing two birds with one stone. What would the organizers think if 100+ GTs showed?

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande

Mexicans.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That is killing two birds with one stone. What would the organizers think if 100+ GTs showed?

"Shit". :lol

Just a guess. Honestly, I doubt that many people have the stomach for that kind of risk, but I'm down.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'd be very interested if they didn't put too many restrictions on us. Rollcages, driver controlled fire systems, etc.

JimF

GT Owner
Dec 19, 2006
Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe
Silver State Classic

I do not believe the Silver State Classic is a dangerous event and encourage everyone to consider it if they can make the time. I ran the Silver State Classic last fall in the Red GT in the 150 mph class with a top speed allowed of 165 mph with no problems at all and did not feel challenged at all.

The course is not difficult. Most of the turns are big sweepers that are 180 plus turns. There is only one, two mile stretch (the Narrows) that is tricky at all. I ran it at 120 mph and did not even need to leave my lane. I believe our GT's could take the Narrows at 150 mph (not that I will do it that fast next time, but I will take it at 135):wink The road is in great shape and clean. The cars start one minute apart (2.5 miles at 150) so there is generally no passing required as all the cars are running with cars in the same speed class.

The speed classes start at 95 mph and step up in 5 mph steps to 150 mph. Guys can enter whatever speed class they are comfortable with. Normally, the 150 mph class requres a roll bar but, due to our cars reputation for strength, the GT's are accepted in the 150 mph class.:biggrin

Dave, we need to work on the organizers to allow our cars into the 180 mph class without requiring the roll cage. Perhaps we can give them some engineering data (similar to what was provided to the Texas Mile) to convince them to give our cars a waiver. I would like to run in the 180 class this spring. Any thoughts?