Supercar Shootout, Bradenton Dec. 12-14

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
Stso

The street tire class is for OEM tires. Pilot Sport Cups come in the 08ACR so the 08ACR is not eligible unless they switch tires. There are 6 other classes and basically you can have any tires or equipment that you like. In the street tire class Underground Racing has been generous and donated a $2,000 cash payout.

Friday is dyno day at Heffners shop. He will be open from 8-5 and we need to schedule appointments so it is fair to everyone. The cost will be $75 for up to 3 pulls. Your car must be race ready. Due to the volume of people using the dyno there will be no time for cooldowns between pulls or adjustments. This is a great opportunity for those who have never dyoned their car to see what the true numbers at the rear wheels.

Jamie you do need to register soon since I have to pay a certain amount per car prior to the race. Here is a flyer I made up and if you have any more questions or need info on the hotel I would be happy to help you.

NewFlyer-1.jpg

Last edited:

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
The street tire class is for OEM tires. Pilot Sport Cups come in the 08ACR so the 08ACR is not eligible unless they switch tires. There are 6 other classes and basically you can have any tires or equipment that you like. In the street tire class Underground Racing has been generous and donated a $2,000 cash payout.

Friday is dyno day at Heffners shop. He will be open from 8-5 and we need to schedule appointments so it is fair to everyone. The cost will be $75 for up to 3 pulls. Your car must be race ready. Due to the volume of people using the dyno there will be no time for cooldowns between pulls or adjustments. This is a great opportunity for those who have never dyoned their car to see what the true numbers at the rear wheels.

Jamie you do need to register soon since I have to pay a certain amount per car prior to the race. Here is a flyer I made up and if you have any more questions or need info on the hotel I would be happy to help you.

Well the tires that the 08 ACR leaves the factory with are OEM correct?
I am not sure I follow, every car leaves the factory with different tires so the tires they leave the factory with are OEM, I plan on bringing my 08 ACR and I don't want to have to by tires for the car.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
There are certain rules for their street tire shoot out... to say OEM only rules is not correct as there are other restrictions on OEM equipment which are not allowed in an attempt to "make it fair" :willy

I would not buy tires either.

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
John has registered his Heritage for the race. 800rwhp with an upgraded whipple

075.jpg

078.jpg

This week we had a 01 Diablo with twin superchargers register. Looks like we have an interesting cast of cars and characters for this years race

Tomorrow is dyno day at Heffners. See you all there:thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
you guys have a good time and post some pics as soon as you can.

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
Update besides having the magazine 24/7 covering the event they will host all the pictures on their site for us.

I also hired a video production company that a friend of mine uses. They have done some car videos but most of their business is TV commercials so I figure let's go all out. Their work is top notch. Professional editing etc. I want someone who can capture the flavor of this event. There will also be a mic provided for the well voiced or drunk at the 2 dinners. If you would like to say a few words here is your chance. Maybe you might make the final cut and have 15 seconds of fame on YouTube. We could even suggest some music for the video as long as NoMan does not vote for Julie Andrews.

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
This magazine is going to do a full page on the event. John has worked for me before and he is excellent. He also has the Hard Rock Cafe and The Tampa Bay Bucs as clients so he comes with great references and hot models in tow.

Check out the “Ultimate Entertainment Guide”, 24/Seven Magazine. This Entertainment based magazine covers just about everything that involves people getting out and having a good time. Sports, Music, Events, Cars and Trucks too. The website hosts thousands of Hi Resolution pictures for everyone to see. All taken by Professional Photographers.

www.24sevenmagazine.com

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ritchie,
enough pimping of this event, we all know about it.
also see you modified the poster, versus the ones on other sites, and for that I thank you.
from here on out, our owners who plan to attend the event or want to report it can post on this thread...
thanks,

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Anyone have the results so far?

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Bradenton Dec 13

Took trip from Ft Myers to Bradenton this morning to see the Ford GTs compete. There were 4 GT at the event. I have attached pictures of the four. The only one that competed was a white GT with blue stripes owned by Forum member Fuelman. Attached 2 pictures of Fuelman's GT, one of Fuelman by his GT and one of him going down the track in the Street tire class. Unfortuately, he did not win his class. The third picture submitted is a 2005 red GT without stripes. It was turbo charged and from what I could determine from the tags it is owned by GT Forum vendor BJ Motors. It was on display and not raced The third picture is of a Silver with Black Stripes with twin Turbos from Texas. It had numerous upgrades in addition to the twin turbos. It was on display along with red one. The last one was a Heritage pictured with the owner. I believe he intended to compete but broke a rear end piece during time trials before I arrived. It had a Whipple supercharger and other upgrades. It came from West Palm Beach Florida. The majority of cars competing were Vipers. There were also a few Lambos. I left after first class completed their runs. The street tire class was won by a Lambo Diablo.

Attachments

• IMG_4362.jpg
    IMG_4362.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_4410.jpg
    IMG_4410.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_4335.jpg
    IMG_4335.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_4344.jpg
    IMG_4344.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_4366.jpg
    IMG_4366.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 245

Fuelman

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Orlando, Fl
It was great meeting you UFO74, thank you for posting the pic. I ran two classes, Street Tire Shootout and Fast Street. I took second place in the final round in Fast Street, but lost to a Viper GTS with heads, cam and MT ET street drag tires and skinnies. The classs was 11.0-11.99. My GT on street tires normally runs 11.1 - 11.3s, I think the heat from round robins in competition affected my last run, I went 11.4 and the Viper, which is set up like a drag car, went 11.014. Good guy and good driver. Made a rookie mistake in the Street Tire Shootout, during my burnout the tires just hooked they did not spin. I got greedy and decided to load it up a bit and go for a 10sec pass. I had the other car covered, it was an 11.8 Mercedes, light went green, clutch up and the tires blew off, I stayed in it and almost ran down the Merc, but needed another 100 feet. It was a great time, need more Ford GTs next event...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Good stuff John, glad you had a good time. What's done to your car these days?

Fuelman

GT Owner
May 15, 2006
Orlando, Fl
Hi DBK, I have not changed much, just put the next step pulley from Whipple, tune, and exhaust. The car has gone 11.00 @ 134 mph. I just have not found that magic launch technique to get the 10 second pass. The car makes enough power though... How are things up in Detroit? I may be up there 2nd or 3rd weekend of Jan for a Viper Club President's meeting. I am trying to get them to change it to Florida, where it is 82 F today, but no luck do far..

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Detroit is a bucket of fun right now :lol

If you're up here the 2nd weekend there's a crazy party on the 12th. Designer's from around the world...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
For my taste that is the best looking GT I have ever seen.

It looks... wow... I think time to put it into a Hip Hop vid.. : ))

Only thing I would suggest, humbly, is to put the Stillen Splitter and the Diffusirs on it, and delete the bumper with either Kit. Then, it's definitely Purrfekkkt !:thumbsup

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
Thanks to everyone who came out we had a great weekend. Here is a link to to 24/7. They are hosting our pictures and if anyone should need anything from the event drop me a line.

http://www.24seven.smugmug.com/gallery/6822048_9eSFU#435963128_nJtLt

Jamie I look forward to seeing you at the next event