Suggestions for servicing in Dubai

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
Hi all,

I’m a Canadian and have lived in the States for a good portion of my life but I am currently living in Dubai. I purchased a GT with 700miles just before I left the States and she is on her way over here to the UAE.

I have no idea where I should take my car for servicing, obviously you guys don’t live over here but I was hoping you may have some suggestions on the type of places I should look for.

You don’t see GT’s over here very often, I think there is one guy listed on the registry besides me, other then that I have personally only seen one which was about a year and a half ago.

My guess is the average Ford dealer would be a bad place to go. They have a lot of very nice cars here so there are obviously places to go. I have seen some shops which sell a wide range of costume exotic cars, I figure they may be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the help,

T_R_S

H

HHGT

Hi all,

I’m a Canadian and have lived in the States for a good portion of my life but I am currently living in Dubai. I purchased a GT with 700miles just before I left the States and she is on her way over here to the UAE.

I have no idea where I should take my car for servicing, obviously you guys don’t live over here but I was hoping you may have some suggestions on the type of places I should look for.

You don’t see GT’s over here very often, I think there is one guy listed on the registry besides me, other then that I have personally only seen one which was about a year and a half ago.

My guess is the average Ford dealer would be a bad place to go. They have a lot of very nice cars here so there are obviously places to go. I have seen some shops which sell a wide range of costume exotic cars, I figure they may be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the help,

T_R_S

PM me your info and I will provide you with a POC.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Contact Shadowman, also ask on www.ferrarichat.com
The FGT is a very simple machine. You should have no issues, be sure to buy a shop manual.

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
Alright, thanks guys.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Dubai

I believe Shadowman has worked on Dubai & SA cars. Whether he travels there or has the cars shipped to him I'm not sure. PM him.

Ed

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
Great, thanks Ed.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Or tell bring the GT guys to you:thumbsup

And oh by the way the UEA looks like a beautiful place (on TV)

YoungCEO

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 9, 2008
Whittier,Ca
I have to ask what takes you to Dubai?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Must be business, right?

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008

That's an easy one, it's the money laundering capital of the world...

No, we just have one of our head offices over here. It is a waste water treatment company and we do a lot of work for the U.S. Military so Dubai is a good central, safe location plus our office, warehouse and fab shop are all in the Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone which is also a big draw for us.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
What is the price of a gallon of gas in Dubai???

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
Hmm, I don't pay too much attention, maybe just over a buck US a gallon.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
@ $1/gallon you're in the right place, especially if you have a heavy right foot!

Onlooker: "What kind of mileage does your car get?"
Answer: "At a buck a gallon, who cares!"