Suggestions as near the end of factory warranty ?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Gentleman,
As one of my 2 gals approaches the end of her factory warranty, I wonder if any of you have suggestions of things one should consider having looked at extra closely, or replaced preventitively (if possible).

Thanks in advance

H

HHGT

Good Question...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I just had my pitted steering wheel button replaced under warranty.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Look back through Stunts old posts/threads. I think he just scheduled and appointment with the dealer and they went over the car right before the warranty ended. I am pretty sure he got a new seat under warranty via the service techs suggestion due to some signs of premature wear and a coupe of other small things done if I remember right. :cheers

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I agree with Skyrex. Take it in an let the dealer go over it. Mine just ended - dealer found several things to replace. I cold have lived with them, but hey. Example - clam shell struts, footwell kick panels, axle bolts (if not done), etc.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
My dealer has looked over it, but I wonder if there is something that others have seen need replacement that we should pay extra attention to. thanks

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Whats the door trim ring problem????

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Whats the door trim ring problem????

The silver trim ring (in the cockpit, around the door handle and arm rest) falls off. The factory used double sided tape on some 2005's if memory serves.

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Check your power steering pump. Several have leaks. My two cars had the same problem.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
HALF SHAFT BOLTS,TRIM RING REPLACEMENT ON 05 IF YOU HAVE ONE ,AS 06 HAD THE UPDATE TRIM RINGS WITH THE CLIP.Early blower motors had a high whine pitch on the vent controls, other than that enjoy...gtjoey 1314/0004/sonic blue/? again?:biggrin

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Don't forget the oil pressure sending unit

MartinHerman

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2009
Hunt Valley, MD
do you have a before and after photo?