Stock Ford GT runs 11.26 @129 mph

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
That's the good news. Bad news is it finished last among 5 stock cars; however, these weren't ordinary cars.
The Carrera GT ran 11.15 @ 132.8
The Enzo ran 11.03 @ 133.4
The McLaren ran 10.77 @ 137.8
The Bugatti Veyron ran 10.37 @ 139.9
If you want to see the race, go to www.motortrend.com/roadtests/virtual and click on "Dream Drag Race"

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Virtual racing? :lol

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
I think that a "stock" Ford GT is good for a best of 11.80 in the quarter mile. I guess that we are going to find out for sure this Saturday and Sunday at the California Speedway drag strip in Fontana.

BTW, John Mihovetz tells me that he will be making some exhibition runs in his 6-second, 2000 HP Cougar Pro Car.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Accufab said:
I think that a "stock" Ford GT is good for a best of 11.80 in the quarter mile.

We've already had a couple 11.5's, 11.6's.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
fun! did you play with the little software gizmo to get a better look at the cars?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
err I am quite happy with my fun 160k american car, even being included in a shoot out where the next car is what $425, and the most expensive is 1.2m....., how many GT's can we have for the Vyron......

Oh well.....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
None of those cars (maybe the McLaren) are nearly as good looking as the GT. Of course, I'm totally biased, but I wouldn't trade my GT for any of them. That isn't to say I don't wish I had the scratch to afford them anyways :lol

In particular the Veyron. Ugliest of the group, but what an unbelievable machine. Daily driver plush, but it'll go 253 mph. UN-REAL. I read an article where a writer who had gone 208 in a McLaren said it wasn't even worth comparing the acceleration of the two cars...probably greater than the gap between an F1 and a GT.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Faster then a phone call ? :thumbsup IM GONNA HAVE RACERX HUNT YOU DOWN :frown GIVE ME A BUZZ CUZ GTJOEY

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
It's interesting that the GT was included with with the other 4 super expensive super cars, rather than a Lambo, Saleen, MB SLR or other fast exotic. I believe the "drag race" used the best ever recorded test time for these cars in stock form. 11.26 is pretty aggressive, but I'm not going to argue with it. Maybe it had a dyno tune or pulley. Who cares... Joe's GT and others would smoke the field.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
The Gt will probably go 11.30's with a good leave 1.8 or better short time would probably do it. I ran several 11.5 runs at 126.5 bone stock with short times in the high 1.9's. I think the GT is a very difficult car to leave in, the clutch is delicate and easy to glaze which makes it hard to leave in, as usually the best et's on street tires come from riding the clutch some when leaving and the Gt's clutch can't handle it. The car wasn't made for drag racing anyways, I agree with DBK its the best looking car out there and the only thing that is close is the Enzo. Plus those other cars probably won't run those times in the real world either!