Steep decline in FGT Values

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
This thread has generated 5,000 views and seven pages of comments. There is obviously some interest in the topic, even if it may not be everyone's, or a majority, or even a teensy minority.

Why would anyone call to shut down a thread just because they are not interested in it? Yet somehow interested enough to both look and post?

This thread violates no forum decorum rules, so why not just let it live or die on its own?

Positive contributions to the forum would be welcome. Calls to shut down threads are unwelcome.

I'm glad we don't have opinion moderators.

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
If this gets to 10 pages I'm lighting a match to mine .

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
While our rating algorithm uses Hagerty’s extensive valuation database and detailed market data—we go deep and include the number of recent insurance quotes and auction sell-through rates

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I sell more GTs than anyone and have never been contacted or shared information with Hagerty. Case closed!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
If this gets to 10 pages I'm lighting a match to mine .

........but you've been back several times with comments.

Shakespeare said something like, "one doth protest too much"!

Just sayin'

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
.. ouch

Ed

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
........but you've been back several times with comments.

Shakespeare said something like, "one doth protest too much"!

Just sayin'

Ah, from Shakespeare to " just sayin". Not sure how one post to say this is a redundant annual event, to another that must obviously have been a poor attempt at humor , amounts to " several".

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
Hey Guys. I purchased this summer. Probably at the peak of the market. And then I put more money into it with Rich. I met many of you at lunch at the Oasis in Austin, as I live there. Do I car about value? Sure I do. I sold two other cars in order to get the GT. Do I lose sleep about it? Not a wink. Cars are about enjoyment, not investment, at least for me. Mine have turned into an investment, but I purchase for passion, not for additions to my portfolio. And yes, mine sits in the garage a lot. I travel every week and have 3 kids in middle/high school. So most on this thread own a GT. We all do different things with them, because everyone is different. Mine is garage art, cars-and-coffee transportation and hill country cruiser. That's why I bought it and enjoy it as much as the guys that daily drive or track. If you are worried about the value of your Ford GT, you probably should not have purchased in the first place.....Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
This thread has generated 5,000 views and seven pages of comments. There is obviously some interest in the topic, even if it may not be everyone's, or a majority, or even a teensy minority.

Why would anyone call to shut down a thread just because they are not interested in it? Yet somehow interested enough to both look and post?

This thread violates no forum decorum rules, so why not just let it live or die on its own?

Positive contributions to the forum would be welcome. Calls to shut down threads are unwelcome.

I'm glad we don't have opinion moderators.

Gary my friend- I don't think anyone really wants threads shut down. I just think we were all trying to make a point of the redundancy of the topic, year after year. jmo

ALLRYZE

GT Owner
Mar 10, 2012
ATLANTA
Does anyone have a relative idea..... a long shot guess....or hard numbers..... on how many 05'-06' GT's still remain on MSO? I've attempted to search them out online and it seems they are getting far and few between but then, another one pops up for sale.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Wouldn't it be fun if a bunch of us put our cars up on ebay at the price they are worth to us? For me it would have to be enough to buy one of those pristine low mileage GTs someone has been saving, and pocket another hundred grand or so. Then again I have become rather attached to "Roxanne". I suppose I could buy a mutual fund and hang the certificate in my man-cave garage, sit in my rocker and look at that. Whee! (Sarcasm)

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Just sold a low mileage for a higher mileage GT. Have been driving it a few times every week. Including a 400 mile road trip. Don't care about mileage now. Delta was a GT350R.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Some owners care what their FGT is worth, some don't.

Some owners drive their FGT occasionally, some drive them rarely or not at all, and a few drive the wheels off them.

Many owners mod their FGT, others prefer theirs bone stock.

What I never understand is why some care so much about what others do with and to their cars. I mean, I get that many forum members are curious or have an interest in collective community behavior. I just don't get why some are so opinionated or offended when others behave differently than they do. Insecurity maybe, I dunno.

No matter, the big question here is will we make 10 pages on this thread?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Gary my friend- I don't think anyone really wants threads shut down. I just think we were all trying to make a point of the redundancy of the topic, year after year. jmo
Scott, I don't know how else to interpret "Can we close this thread?"

We have new owners joining all the time.

I appreciate and encourage their enthusiasm. And I don't expect them to master the search function. Especially since the value topic is not a constant like the 1st vs. 3rd gear topic, or the Goodyear vs. Bridgestone topic, or the gauges topic, or....on and on.

Have to consider how remarkable it is that a single two-year model forum is still alive and well after 11 years.

Is there anything about the GT that hasn't been said many times?

No. Yet, we still like talking about it.

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
No matter, the big question here is will we make 10 pages on this thread?

Absolutely!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Does anyone have a relative idea..... a long shot guess....or hard numbers..... on how many 05'-06' GT's still remain on MSO? I've attempted to search them out online and it seems they are getting far and few between but then, another one pops up for sale.

I have a couple still on MSO

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ

2 in my family are still on MSO: 2005 red, 2006 heritage.

With the amount of <10 mile/"wrapper" GT's popping up for sale over the past couple of years, I'd guess around 50% of them are on the MSO, with the majority still on MSO being 2006 MY's. -Lots- of wrapper cars out there too, not for sale but just doing what they do best....sitting....

Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Lots- of wrapper cars out there too, not for sale but just doing what they do best....sitting....

Anyone that's put 5 miles on a GT knows that "sitting" is not what they do best.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Scott, I don't know how else to interpret "Can we close this thread?"

We have new owners joining all the time.

I appreciate and encourage their enthusiasm. And I don't expect them to master the search function. Especially since the value topic is not a constant like the 1st vs. 3rd gear topic, or the Goodyear vs. Bridgestone topic, or the gauges topic, or....on and on.

Have to consider how remarkable it is that a single two-year model forum is still alive and well after 11 years.

Is there anything about the GT that hasn't been said many times?

No. Yet, we still like talking about it.

+1 good points Gary

Last edited:

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
There is a blue MSO car on Ebay.