"Speed Yellow" 06' Ford GT vs. Std Colors

MartinHerman

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2009
Hunt Valley, MD
Hello, does the Speed Yellow color vs one of the standard 4 colors make a difference in the car value?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
There were 6 original colors on the '05 Ford GT's:

Mark IV Red, optional White Racing Stripes
Centennial White, optional Blue Racing Stripes
Midnight Blue, optional White Racing Stripes
Speed Yellow, optional Black Racing Stripes
Mark II Black, optional Silver Racing Stripes
QuickSilver, optional Black Racing Stripes

In '06, the QuickSilver color was dropped, and the following two colors added:

Tungsten, optional Silver Racing Stripes
Epic Orange on Heritage Blue, an optional pale blue and orange color scheme in the '68/'69 Le Mans winning Gulf team color pattern

The optional Racing Stripes were priced at $5,350, while the Heritage Livery color scheme was priced as an optional $13,200.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Quicksilver and Yellow are the lowest production colors, but yellow was produced in both '05 and '06. There are old posts here with exact numbers. Rare color combo may amount to a slight difference in price, but it is generally agreed that RED is the best color to have.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Quicksilver and Yellow are the lowest production colors, but yellow was produced in both '05 and '06. There are old posts here with exact numbers. Rare color combo may amount to a slight difference in price, but it is generally agreed that RED is the best color to have.

Price is determined by supply vs. demand. The demand for red cars is one of the highest but they are also are also the color with the greatest production numbers.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Yellow is definitely rare. I've seen very few. To some degree I think that is also because it is a less desireable color for many. I would recommend buying a color that moves you, on a very thorougly inspected car by someone knowledgeable about GTs, and not worrying about the rarity/value issue. My problem is there are too many colors that move me on these gals.

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

Obviously:cheers

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
jaxgt, well said!!!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Yellow is definitely rare. I've seen very few. To some degree I think that is also because it is a less desireable color for many. I would recommend buying a color that moves you, on a very thorougly inspected car by someone knowledgeable about GTs, and not worrying about the rarity/value issue. My problem is there are too many colors that move me on these gals.

Exactly.....Buy the color YOU like. To heck with everything else. I have a yellow and a red. Looking for number 3. My personal fav is RED on any sports car.:thumbsup

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"Buy the color YOU like. To heck with everything else"
Ah, but Nardo, that is the problem. I really wanted a blue no stripe. Now that I have it, I think I want a black NS too. And maybe a silver NS, and a tungsten NS. And that white '05 NS I saw on Ebay today....:thumbsup

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
"Buy the color YOU like. To heck with everything else"
Ah, but Nardo, that is the problem. I really wanted a blue no stripe. Now that I have it, I think I want a black NS too. And maybe a silver NS, and a tungsten NS. And that white '05 NS I saw on Ebay today....:thumbsup

And your point is?......Stimulate the freakin' economy and buy 'em all!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas

Red may be the best color to have but even Frank will tell you that Speed Yellow is the fastest :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

:banana :banana :cheers

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Red may be the best color to have but even Frank will tell you that Speed Yellow is the fastest :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

I would be forced to agree with your remark Ray but I add the following caveat:

Red with Whipple and Yellow with Twin Turbo!:thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Boost junkies... I'm jealous.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I think I have the "granddaddy" of yellows:cheers

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion

Oh ................ yes you do :thumbsup

That was never in dispute.

--

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The Word.

Chris,

The granddaddy of production cars yes. But the granddaddy of all yellows must certanly be this car. When it was first shown, chances of it going into production were slim to none. The assembled auto enthusiasts gathered there shouted "BUILD IT". And then the seas parted, the heavens opened up, and the automotive gods smiled upon mankind and gave birth to the son of the almighty GT40. And in a lightning bolt quick 24 months, 4038 examples were put into the hands of the faithful, the fortunate custodians of this rebirth of the brightest shining moment in Ford Racing history. And then, as quickly as it appeared, production ceased and the GT receded into history once again. And the sky turned dark, and storm clouds gathered...........

Chip

Attachments

• prototype.JPG
    prototype.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 138

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Actually cars with the most yellow are the rarest of all (no top or side stripes) and yellow body. Total production was 2 or 3 .

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
............. Speed Yellow is the fastest :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Ray, Chip, Chris, Keith,

Does a Yellow/Black striped hood as wall art in the living room count as fast? :biggrin

Mrs. Spirit is starting to have a fit will all the GT parts in the house. :frown :bang

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Chris,
And the sky turned dark, and storm clouds gathered...........

Chip

Chip.....You obviously haven't gotten your stimulus check yet!:biggrin

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Clearly I need one of each color. I don't think that there's any question about it. I'm sure many of you share my dilema.

One day...