"Speed Yellow" 06' Ford GT vs. Std Colors

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Any FGT in any color or combination is a special car. Based on the fact that they retain the bloodline, looks, increased performance and that "special" intangible "something" that only a few cars throughout history have managed to have as part of its DNA. They are special cars, they have an aura about them and you know it the minute you see one. They personify that American spirit of "can do when we set our minds to it" as all knowedgable car guys know the GT40 (and the Cobras too) proved we can beat the worlds best with simple good ol' american muscle, ingenuity and grit.

They're limited production and the fact that based on natural attrition even fewer examples remain today, I believe less then 3000 in the country certainly make then rare and a special sighting when you see one out the road. Even more of a special sighting then when you see the more frequent Ferrari, Porsche Turbo, Lambo etc...

The FGT is a special car in any color and they are all gorgeous. Down the road I don't think much will separate them in value by color as they will all be collectibles with Heritages I believe always bringing a premium for those who want them. But all colors have a connection to GT40 race heritage. Black to the Mark II LeMans winner; Red to the Gurney Mark IV LeMans winner and the famous Scuderia Flipenetti GT40s, White to the first prototypes. We see all colors of GT40s on race tracks in the old photos when the GT40s and Cobras ruled the race tracks of the world and struck fear into the hearts of the competition.

One thing though......its agreed RED is the fastest!:wink:cheers

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thank you Waxer for setting things straight again.

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
I'm surprised no one has painted their car Sonic Blue. Who cares if it's a repaint? The one living example is BEAUTIFUL !! :thumbsup