Special Black Series 2017 GT

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Looks like they had this special edition color combo in mind right under our noses way back when we were in Dearborn at the design center

image.jpg

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
It did look good, I think I'm leaning toward white though. Liquid colors should be considered being they are unique to this car.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The car in gloss black is one of the best looking cars I have ever seen. I've owned one black car and hated every minute of it, but this may be worth the punishment here. Matte paint is way too temperamental for me.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

For me, black is only a stripe color.

Chip

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Gloss black only, Matte is too picky (but sure looks cool). Is it destiny that I'm in the background of that pic?

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
would like to see the gloss black in person for sure, the work is intense to keep it clean. The ceramic coatings do help though, at least when you wipe the car it doesn't leave the light scratches

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Dave, You just needed to wear a condom it saves changing after cleaning a black car. ;)

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Gentlemen,

For me, black is only a stripe color.

Chip

:lol and wheel color for some

I like the NGT in the liquid blue myself, I just hope liquid blue is not the old red, sorry Frank

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I think everyone should stay away from ordering the new red color...

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Both Blacks do look very good. The photo reminds me. Has there been any discussion of a front lift option? It raises the car a couple of inches to protect lower carbon on driveways ect. It automatically drops to drive position above 30 mph. I have it on my other cars and use it every day.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I believe I read the new car does have a front lift... not sure how much it is lifted

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Excellent. I'll dig deeper on the specs.