So I drove my GT through the front gates of the Ferrari factory last Monday….

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
As a swan song to my eight years living in Europe I’ve been driving around Italy, France, Belgium and Germany with my GT over the past ten days visiting places I’ve always wanted to go (including driving on some great racetracks like Le Mans and the Nurburgring) and putting about 5K miles on the car. It’s been a great trip with a lot of great memories and photos but the best to date has been at the Ferrari factory last Monday. A friend of mine, and Ferrari customer, organized a personal tour for me but I forgot (hee hee) to mention that I’d be arriving in a Ford GT. Meeting me there was Stefan (SLF 360) who had his Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale in-tow. At the visitors entrance to the factory there is a main gate and two prime parking spots directly in front of where visitors enter the building. As I’ve since learned these spots are frequently reserved for Ferrari customers with their cars. Apparently automobiles built by manufacturers which are competitive to Ferrari are NEVER allowed through these front gates, let alone allowed to park in these two parking spots right in front of the reception desk. Stefan arrived a few minutes before me and was directed by the security guard to park his CS into one of these spots. When I arrived I boldly pulled up to and through the front gate only to be directed by the same security guard to park my car alongside Stefan (apparently the security guard thought my GT was a Ferrari). I jumped out of my car and by the time I had shut the car door the same security guard was frantically waving his arms directing me to move my car (apparently he had read Ford GT on the side of it). I calmly walked behind the cars and took a picture - see below - (with Stefan standing between our two cars) and then complied with the request to move my car.

Ironically when I arrived a large group of visitors were also arriving on foot at the same entrance. When you look at the picture take notice of which car most of the Ferrari factory visitors, both outside and behind the glass, are drooling over!

Ciao,

Rob

Last edited:

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Apparently the file size for the picture is too large so I'll try to post in my gallery.

Rob

http://www.fordgtforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1061&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=77

Last edited:

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just got'a love it!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I'd love to see you in the picture with the "GT Grin" :lol

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
That's classic... :thumbsup

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
That is a great picture. Thanks for the chuckle :lol

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Nice one Rob and good to see your GT looking so clean too!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Enzo must have spun like a top in his grave!

BTW...where did you two learn to park? :lol

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
...I just hope that poor security guard still has a job. :frown

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
priceless picture...
your drinking on me! :cheers :rofl :cheers

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Ford Rumored to be (re)acquiring Ferrari

Photo is proof positive...

Fords4life351

Permanent Vacation
Mar 22, 2006
Colton, CA
great picture :lol

Next stop: Lamborghini factory :wink

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Here's a question. Why does the Stradale only have the stripes on the rear decklid. I remember them going from front to back.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Ferrari:0 Ford:5

4 of Fords 5 are: 66' 67' 68' and 69' :)

Last edited:

PRDATR

GT Owner
Jan 9, 2006
Michigan, Upper Peninsula
That is outstanding!! Best GT picture I've seen. :cheers

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Fords4life351 said:
great picture :lol

Next stop: Lamborghini factory :wink

Stefan and I did the Lamborghini factory right after our visit to Ferrari. Probably not a surprise that they were much less uptight about what we were driving and where we parked. Stefan knows people at Lamborghini and they even reserved two parking spots for us at the front of the building.

Rob

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Question, did you have Dr. Sim's great sticker on the GT? That would have added to the insult! :thumbsup

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Rob,

you rock! You should have refused to move the car until the plant manager came out for a personal picture of you and him hovering over the GT. Maybe even taking him for a ride??? :cheers

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
bony said:
Question, did you have Dr. Sim's great sticker on the GT? That would have added to the insult! :thumbsup

Unfortunately I didn't have Dr. Sims sticker on the car as it's in transit to me.

Rob

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
ROCMAN said:
Here's a question. Why does the Stradale only have the stripes on the rear decklid. I remember them going from front to back.

I believe Stefan ordered his car without the stripe and then had the paint work you see in the picture added after delivery. Is that accurate Stefan? It looks great!

This CS is also a screamer. Stefan took me for a ride after the tour and he's nuts! He's a scary combination of an extremely good driver who seems to have no fear! I had to clean the seat after I got out of his car.

Rob