SLS AMG Black Series

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This looks bad ass. Not crazy about the wing. I'm not really into the base car, but this is much more attractive.

mercedes-benz-reveals-sls-amg-black-series-01-630x419.jpg

mercedes-benz-reveals-sls-amg-black-series-2-630x419.jpg

mercedes-benz-reveals-sls-amg-black-series-3-630x419.jpg

mercedes-benz-reveals-sls-amg-black-series-4-630x419.jpg

mercedes-benz-reveals-sls-amg-black-series-5-630x419.jpg

mercedes-benz-reveals-sls-amg-black-series-6-630x419.jpg

mercedes-benz-reveals-sls-amg-black-series-7-630x419.jpg

mercedes-benz-reveals-sls-amg-black-series-8-630x419.jpg

mercedes-benz-reveals-sls-amg-black-series-9-630x419.jpg

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
DEFINATELY bad ass minus the Fast and Furious wing

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Being Pittsburgh born that car's color sceme is perfect!

Vince H

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
That’s a monster for sure. The “old” SLS needed quite a few tech upgrade to be worth the money they were asking (even for a Benz). This model has all of the goodies and then some and some decent performance numbers. I’m surprised it’s not more expensive (reports just say north of $300k - so I assume south of $400).

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Pricing hasn't been announced yet, but once you add Black Series to the base price, it will be well north of $300,000. Here's some more info,
http://www.carguychronicles.com/2012/11/mercedes-amg-sls-black-bad.html#more

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
That's a lot of money for a Viper.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

+1

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Dave. And you don't like the Gen 5 Viper. ???

IMO, it looks a lot better than that and the GTS which will be $140k ( dirty little secret ) will have about as nice an interior.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm becoming a fan of yellow and black.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Yellow and black is awesome, great combo. Only problem for me is it's not all black.

That Benz is awesome as well, notwithstanding sticker price. Exclusivity costs however.

And yes that boy racer wing needs to go but the car's slightly droopy rear end needs something.

Perhaps a smaller more integrated spoiler.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
A yellow Bat Mobile.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Does zero for me, respect it, but there are a LOT of other cars that would be in my driveway.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Nice. I actually like the wing if it is functional.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
Nice. I actually like the wing if it is functional.

I have a sl 65 black series. The black series are exclusive and priced that way but the problem is that they have not retained their value. I happened to buy my used so I feel good about my price point but I would never pay sticker for these cars.

That being said, these cars are ridiculousy fast and are remarkable on the track. My sl 65 black is really a dtm street race car.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I have a sl 65 black series. The black series are exclusive and priced that way but the problem is that they have not retained their value. I happened to buy my used so I feel good about my price point but I would never pay sticker for these cars.

That being said, these cars are ridiculousy fast and are remarkable on the track. My sl 65 black is really a dtm street race car.

The SL65 Black Series is one of my favorites. Looks like there are a few good deals available on them right now.

Last edited:

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
The back end of that car has never done it for me.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
That's not even close to a Viper...it's a Benz in Benz clothing...nothing really great about that car. For 300K, I'll take a number of other vehicles before I touch that overpriced pile of nuts and bolts. Not a huge Benz fan, albeit I got my wife an ML350 Bluetech and it gets tremendous fuel mileage, however, the stupid truck already blew the front left HID headlight 2 times, front left parking light 1 time, heater motor once...and a whole pile of other crap that shouldn't break in a 30k truck, leave alone a 70k truck.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I'm still Jonesing about the Black 65SL
65SL 01.jpgsl_black.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That's not even close to a Viper...it's a Benz in Benz clothing...nothing really great about that car. For 300K, I'll take a number of other vehicles before I touch that overpriced pile of nuts and bolts. Not a huge Benz fan, albeit I got my wife an ML350 Bluetech and it gets tremendous fuel mileage, however, the stupid truck already blew the front left HID headlight 2 times, front left parking light 1 time, heater motor once...and a whole pile of other crap that shouldn't break in a 30k truck, leave alone a 70k truck.

You must be mistaken. That is impossible. Everyone knows German cars are as reliable as an anvil and superior to domestics in every way.

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Saw an SLS Black in person today at an AMG owners event at Ascari racetrack in Spain. Looks even better in white. They will make 350 in total with 100 for the US - no price announced yet.

They also had a Pagani Huauyra which is powered by an AMG twin turbo V-12. It has the clam shell of a GT and the gullwing doors of an SLS. It turns out that Mr. Pagani has a Heritage GT which must have provided some of his design inspiration.
One item of interest was the custom Schedoni luggage which fits behind the seats and also hangs from the back of the headrest - would be a great item for the GT.

Will post pictures of the Pagani when I get home. Had to handoff our cameras when they unveiled the SLS Black so no pictures of it unfortunately but you can see them on the AMG web site.