Should I switch from GT to LP640 Roadster?

Loose Cannon

Jun 26, 2007
I have been researching the new Lamborghini LP640 Roadster. This thing is sick! Comes with a three year warranty too. If I get this, I may have too many cars. That means the GT will have to be sold. Does anyone have any experience in comparing the two cars? by ownership or research?

Thank You!

Aug 25, 2006
This is akin to the proverbial comparing of apples and oranges.

Both are stunning gals but they do not wear the same clothes or provide the same emotions.

Takes care

Shadowman

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Yes, you should do it and sell one of us your GT, unless it is red. Those are the slow ones. :biggrin

Drive the Lambo first. They do not handle well, and pretty much drives like crap. It's like having a trophy wife that you don't screw.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Someone here on The 'Forum posted somewhere that he'd driven a Merci (NOT the 640 version though) and came away v-e-r-y disappointed. ('had the "F-1" tranny)

'Perhaps he'll see your post & comment.

H

HHGT

You know, I often asked my self the question; Which modern car would I ever give up the GT for. I can honestly say that I would give up the Red GT for a Red Enzo - The Heritage stays.

If you don't keep your cars, get what you like. As far as modern cars go, Lambos, Ferraris etc. they all get out dated. As a young man, I lusted after the Testarossa. I still like them today but no longer lust them.

No car design has lasted 40 plus years as the GT has. I think the ENZO will, but time will tell.

BTW, I recently retired and I said no more. The allure of making money never really goes away, sooooo, I may be starting something else. My wife is upset because I told her if new $ flow, I am getting an ENZO. We're not talking:biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If you're more interested in driving, keep the GT.

If you're more interested in attention outside the club, get the LP640.

That sounds simple, but it's basically the truth. Ask PeakCompletions or Jason Heffner. Both drove the LP640 up here while they were looking for a new project and were unimpressed. If I'm putting words in their mouth, they'll say so, but the bottom line is Peak bought a second GT instead the next week.

LP640 is a hot looking car, but if you want a Lambo that's fun to drive, get a Gallardo.

Loose Cannon

Jun 26, 2007
Sorry, the car is RED! Less than 2000 miles. I a little old for the clubs. The e-gear really sounds great. I have heard nothing but gret things about the all wheel drive handling. Is the stock GT faster? Anyone own the LP 640 or know someone the=at I could get in touch with? I'll trade a ride my 160mph cat for the viable info. Lunch included!

H

HHGT

Sorry, the car is RED! Less than 2000 miles. I a little old for the clubs. The e-gear really sounds great. I have heard nothing but gret things about the all wheel drive handling. Is the stock GT faster? Anyone own the LP 640 or know someone the=at I could get in touch with? I'll trade a ride my 160mph cat for the viable info. Lunch included!

Where are you located?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I've only seen the LP640 as I was passing it before a pulley swap..hehe that was a fun day :)

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
All I can add is that of all of the cars I have owned and driven, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, Viper, Mercede, BMW, Jaguar -- nothing-- nothing, is as fun to drive as my FGT !! :banana:banana

Aug 25, 2006

The Murci is much more (as stated) IMO a rider's gal when compared the FGT that expects and responds well to driver input. They are both fast however the FGT is also fricken quick and feels nimble whereas the Murci feels as it is; heavy.

The Murci is a stunning gal; the all wheel drive keeps her firmly planted; in fact IMO to much so. The Egear is far better than when originally offered a few years ago and yet it is far from refined.

The bottom-line for me is as stated; they are two different gals. I like them both however when it is time to go play I grab the seat of the FGT however if simply out for a nice drive the Murci is fine.

Now I should also say; I am not a roadster or Egear fan as such my seat time in the Murci has largely been in the coupe with a 6 speed.

Takes care

Shadowman

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
If you're more interested in driving, keep the GT.

If you're more interested in attention outside the club, get the LP640.

DBK, while I respect your opinion I do not agree. In South Florida (at least) lambo's are a dime a dozen and few people can differntiate between a Murcielago and an LP640.
If you want attention you get a Ford GT as it is more rare (anywhere actually).
If you want performance out of the box you get a Ford GT also.

If you want to spend more money you get an LP640.

I am not being bias, just stating facts.

BTW here is one speed list :

0-150MPH avearge trap times.

12.8 MCLAREN F1
13.2 PORSCHE CARRERA GT
16.8 FORD GT
17.4 LAMBORGHINI LP640
17.0 SALEEN S7
17.0 CORVETTE C6 Z06
18.0 FERRARI F40
18.7 FERRARI F50
19.5 LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO
19.7 PORSCHE 911 GT2 (996)
20.8 FERRARI 612 SCAGLIETTI
21.4 Ferrari F430
21.4 LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO
21.6 PORSCHE 911 TURBO (996)
22.1 FERRARI 575M MARANELLO
22.4 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 (2003)
23.7 MERCEDES BENZ CL600 (2004)
23.9 FERRARI 360 CHALLENGE STRADALE
23.9 PORSCHE 911 GT3 (996)
24.5 MERCEDES E55 AMG (2003)
25.5 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C5 Z06
25.6 ASTON MARTIN DB9
25.9 PORSCHE 911 TURBO TIPTRONIC (996)
26.4 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA S (997)
28.0 MERCEDES SLK55 AMG (2005)
29.6 FERRARI 360 MODENA SPYDER
29.7 LOTUS ESPRIT V8 TT
30.0 BMW E39 M5

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I consider one when I sign my first NBA contract :)

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I've read and been told that a Gallardo is quicker around a track than a Murcie, and that "souped up" versions of the Gallardo now outrun the LP640 on anything with turns. I have never done a direct track comparison, but after quite a bit of time in both it seems plausible to me. However, the LP640 Roadster is beautiful to look at. Like many Lambos, and I've owned several, they're beautiful sculptures of metal and leather. I often get asked by people why in the hell I sold my Lambos & Ferrari's and eventually bought a Ford GT. I tell them I loved looking at the Lambos but I hated driving them (Ferrari is a little different answer). And I'm taking about "driving" them, not being seen in them. Being seen in my Lambos was definitely an ego booster, but the cars didn't "talk back" to me. The Ford GT communicates to me like no other car I've driven. The feel and balance of it in my hands allows me to do things in this car I would never attempt in a Lambo. Turn off the driver aides and hang a Murcie out and try to pull it back (if you can get it back), and then do it in your Ford GT. There is a big difference in my opinion on how easily they recover and on how they "communicate" to the driver about what the car is doing. That's the simplest explanation I can give of the comparison in my opinion. The end result for me was that they’re “slow” to drive, and when I’ve read about comparison track stats with pro drivers, I tend to hear the same comments from them. The modern Ferrari’s are great driving cars, but their “nervous” knife-edge feel doesn’t suit my driving style, maybe I'm getting old.

Last edited:

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
FGT vs Lambo Murc

:cheersDBK, while I respect your opinion I do not agree. In South Florida (at least) lambo's are a dime a dozen and few people can differntiate between a Murcielago and an LP640.

BTW here is one speed list :

0-150MPH avearge trap times.

I agree with this post. I drove a new 2006 Murc roadster. I think the cars are beautiful. They drive horrible, worst car I have driven in quite awhile. The E-gear was slow compared to the F430 F1. The power while nice did not compare to other supercars. The ride and the visability are just dismal. The handling is stiff I think because of the 4 wheel drive.

I wanted to like the car and buy it. The FGT is hands down a better car. If you want something different look at a Ferrari 599.

The Gallardo is a better car than the Murc but still not as satisying as the F430 or the FGT

Good luck to you.

Lee :cheers

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great post GULF. Right on point!

George Thomas

GT Owner
Aug 14, 2006
Santa Monica
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=4

Then why not go Versace - way over the top and pretty sweet.

I have seen this car; love the seats, did not drive it. (Thank goodness the nose raises.)

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
Ferrari

The modern Ferrari’s are great driving cars, but their “nervous” knife-edge feel doesn’t suit my driving style, maybe I'm getting old.

That states perfectly the Ferrari driving feeling. To drive the F430 you have to be up for it. The FGT can be relaxing or agressive.

Create post/

I love both cars :banana

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
DBK, while I respect your opinion I do not agree. In South Florida (at least) lambo's are a dime a dozen and few people can differntiate between a Murcielago and an LP640.

I suppose when I say outside "the club", I'm thinking of attention from the type of people that are really into going to "the club". Dudes with shirts that are too tight, big A/X logo on the front, cheap Movado watch they paid to have studded with a g's worth of diamonds etc, etc. :lol

I stick to my assertion that your average coked up stripper will be more interested in an LP640 than a GT.

The GT definitely gets attention, and thankfully it's pretty much always positive and not the "look at this rich asshole in his lime green wedge" type.

M

Mark O

Comes with a three year warranty too.

That's because they're on the metric time in Italy. :biggrin