Shooting Machine Guns....

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
...is ridiculously fun!!! I had a cousin in from out of town and we decided to hit the range. Fired a SAW, M-16 and an AK-47. I also brought my Desert Eagle .44 for a little pistol work. :thumbsup In the picture below I am using the SAW to ventilate Osama Bin Laden. :biggrin

Obviously you go through the ammo fast, but that is what the reloads are for right. :lol Anyway I had thought of doing this for awhile and I am glad I stepped up to the range. If you ever thought it would be fun give it a shot. The instructors watch you like a hawk (rightfully so....I imagine they get a few whack jobs), but it is a pretty unique experience. It is kind if like the potato chip commercial, no one can shoot just one. :banana

Attachments

• IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 158

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
great, the start of another gun thread... politics can't be far behind... :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
great, the start of another gun thread... politics can't be far behind... :)

That took ya 12 minutes LONGER to post than I thought it would!!! YER SLOWIN' DOWN, BONY! :rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I even was at the range, decided I needed to get a 45 to keep up with the rest of you ladies....

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I even was at the range, decided I needed to get a 45 to keep up with the rest of you ladies....

...Welcome to "the dark side"...:devil

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sounds like fun! M-249 is no joke.

It always freaks me out when someone shoots something full auto at the range. Plink, plink, plink and then ratatatatatatatatatatatatatat.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Rex, you need a longgggggggg conversation with Todd. Look for some of his old posts.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"I even was at the range, decided I needed to get a 45 to keep up with the rest of you ladies...."

Bony, you're killin' me. Just make sure you get the right .45!:lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
trust me there is no shortage of advise.... 1911's, Glock's H&K's and S&W's...

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Did enough of that in the Army. :ack

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
Hey Bony,
Pick me up in the GT, we'll go shoot some rounds at the range and then we'll go grab lunch at the elbow room. Worst shooter of the day buys Makers Marks???:wink

Jake

P.S.
If you haven't chosen yet, you can try different models at the range
(my personal fav - Glock)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
trust me there is no shortage of advise.... 1911's, Glock's H&K's and S&W's...

...and S/A...:lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks Jake, in fact, my buddy has shot competitively for years, and took me to the Range after I brought over all my pieces. None had been fired for twenty plus years.
What blew me away, was that most of my old ammo would not fire. Wound up tossing a dozen boxes with price tags of $7 to $9 for 50 rounds into the dumper.

I will be trying out different pieces. I have been approved for a ccp and need to take the Range's class. Obviously have to buy the carry pieces as their numbers must appear on the ccp.

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
:lol:lol:lol
That sounds like a familiar story. It cost more to figure out what you want than to purchase the gun you finally pick out.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
. Obviously have to buy the carry pieces as their numbers must appear on the ccp.

Hmmmmmmm. That's not required up here.

(But then, I realize you're in Califoolnia!)

MG 42

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2006
Full auto

Fast cars, fast guns

DSCF0625.jpg

:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I have been approved for a ccp and need to take the Range's class. Obviously have to buy the carry pieces as their numbers must appear on the ccp.

Fresno is one of the few places in CA that will issue a CCW permit. :thumbsup No such luck where I live :thumbsdow :frown

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm not kidding when I say a 12 year old with photoshop and a laminating machine could easily replicate the Michigan CCW.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I'm not kidding when I say a 12 year old with photoshop and a laminating machine could easily replicate the Michigan CCW.

But when the LEO puts your name and CCW number into the computer you will be in deep sh*t! Besides no need to do that MI is a shall issue state.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I know, it's just funny. I've seen much more sophisticated ID cards for a library or high school.