Shadowman Likes Cool Touches

Aug 25, 2006
So ........... what is the good word? ............... They are in the proverbial pipeline as such folks should be seeing them any day.

I remain anxious to hear the comments from all.

Takes care

Shadowman

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Still have not got mine......But maybe next week

Then my desire will be lost and reality sets in.

IMHO $321.80 for a alum cover is steep even for GT stuff.

Occupational hazzard makes me think this way:shrug

Mebbe. But you hafta remember there's a very limited market/number of sales possible in which to recoupe their R&D costs and make some kind of profit, TP.:cheers

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Mebbe. But you hafta remember there's a very limited market/number of sales possible in which to recoupe their R&D costs and make some kind of profit, TP.:cheers

Yep I understand, and hindsite I should not have posted that.:frown
I do make proto type stuff much more difficult and around 200 projects a month are less than 6 peices so I understand and the man has to make some money as well.

Aug 25, 2006
Yep I understand, and hindsite I should not have posted that.:frown
I do make proto type stuff much more difficult and around 200 projects a month are less than 6 peices so I understand and the man has to make some money as well.

Cost versus value will forever remain a subjective issue.

Now as for a profit; as you clearly stated, it is a necessary piece of the puzzle and yet the net profit on a project such as this will be minimal at best.

Now on a personal note; there is an edit key within the reply that you made as such could be tweaked a bit; just a thought.

You take care:cheers

Shadowman

H

HHGT

If Andy's profits on these is anywhere near what he made on the floormats, he'll be sitting real pretty - and YES I am happy for smart/successful business people.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
So ........... what is the good word? ............... They are in the proverbial pipeline as such folks should be seeing them any day.

I remain anxious to hear the comments from all.

Takes care

Shadowman

Andrew advised that they should be shipping any day now. I'm eager to receive my 2 sets. I'll let you know my thoughts once they're installed.

Aug 25, 2006
Well; there should be some very happy folks as many of the custom key and fob sets have been in the proverbial pipeline aka the shipper’s hands for several days. Then add to this on a daily basis more are being shipped making certain that to a person their packages will be received soon.

Now in the mean time one of the unique requests was from the GTX-1 owners meaning that they wanted their key to represent they personalized Ford GT. This request was agreed to and has finally become a reality.

Here is the GTX-1 version which is now being made ready to ship

I am sorry the picture is so grainy; it is the best I could after shrinking it way down.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 153

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Now, this is one cool product! :thumbsup

Before taking off on my trip, I had to make time to assemble my 2 key/remote units. First, Andrew was very communicative throughout the ordering and shipping process...always replying to my various emails promptly. The cool packaging comes complete with everything one needs for assembly, except for the dime. (Andrew, why don't you throw a dime into the cans? :biggrin) The instructions are very well written and includes photos for every step. The assembly went off without a hitch and it took me about 15 minutes to complete 2 sets.

They look awesome! :banana

If you haven't bought one or two (I didn't want to have just one great key set), I highly recommend it. :cheers

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Got an email this morning about the product being shipped.

Can't wait!!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Man what a day, got my "cool" key parts and a car to go with it!! Bill, the first thing after getting my car in the garage was putting the key together. I'll try and get a picture loaded today. It's another of the totally awesome options my car has!!

Thank you so very much.
Rick

Aug 25, 2006
Man what a day, got my "cool" key parts and a car to go with it!! Bill, the first thing after getting my car in the garage was putting the key together. I'll try and get a picture loaded today. It's another of the totally awesome options my car has!!

Thank you so very much.
Rick

It was great chatting with you earlier today

I am truly very happy for you and am glad that the care package arrived and is being enjoyed

All the best

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
*** UPDATE ***

By now a large number of folks should have received and I suspect enjoyed that which that found in the can; I certainly hope so and as such would enjoy hearing some comments. As well I was told today/yesterday that another batch were shipped so by in large the system seems to have moved along fairly well even though I was also informed that one package was lost and is being tracked at this time.

The last thing I was told that IMO is worthy of sharing is that there are a limited number of pieces remaining and because the associated cost to create them was based on a small gross it is likely that once these are gone there will be no more.

Now for those folks for which an ignition key is simply a mechanical necessity then this product will come and go with little or no thought however for those that enjoy cool pieces I dare say that you should not let this one slip away

All the best

Shadowman

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Have not got mine yet :frownmaybe this next batch:wink

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
I received mine last week and snuck downstairs after he missus went to bed to assemble. Instructions were thorough and the install was painless and quick. The final product is beautiful to behold but I'm afraid to use it. How fragile is the finish? Are the included warnings overdone or do we really need to be that careful?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Mine is soon to be en route to the UK - thanks to DPDGTPGTPGTDPTGT. I get so confused with all these initials! Dave, you know who you are..thank you :cheers

I think I might have the only one in the UK, so I look forward to tossing it casually across bars, lunch tables, gypsies or in fact any place where it might be noticed.

"oh that, uh, yeah, it's the key for a Ford GT... " :biggrin

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Mine is soon to be en route to the UK - thanks to DPDGTPGTPGTDPTGT. I get so confused with all these initials! Dave, you know who you are..thank you :cheers

I think I might have the only one in the UK, so I look forward to tossing it casually across bars, lunch tables, gypsies or in fact any place where it might be noticed.

"oh that, uh, yeah, it's the key for a Ford GT... " :biggrin

Neilda - over here one would have to explain that it's not for a Mustang.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Have not got mine yet :frownmaybe this next batch:wink

Got mine today

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Got mine today (and Neilda's also - on the way to the UK today my friend!) they are beautiful! A real piece of art! Thanks Shadowman and Andrew! :cheers

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Janet looked at it and said wow......then "Where is mine?"

I said get your own GT first.

I grabbed the check book on the way to work and deleted Elite Autos from my favorites:ack

What was I thinking:eek

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I got a letter from Andrew today with two small clear round pieces in it... but no key fobs yet????